Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
View Poll Results: Would you vote to end the embargo if you could?
Yes 50 68.49%
No 23 31.51%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 2
< 12
General Discussion>Oil Found in Cuban waters
skibumdc 07:59 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by Pyro:
The most interesting thing with a dropped embargo would be all new blends where the producers outside Cuba could start to incorporate Cuban leaf in their blends. If they were successful in combining the best of both worlds...WOW! :-)
I thoguht this might happen as well....but then a good friend N2Advnture made me realize that the Cuban Gov't would never allow it.

They would prefer all the Cuban tobacco only be used in Puros. Makes their product more desirable. And since the Communist govt rules all, independent farmers don't have the capitalist right to sell to whomever they wish.
[Reply]
Wolfgang 08:26 AM 10-24-2008
I vote NO. If the embargo was lifted every mook would be scrambling over eachother to get the Cuban Cigars, driving up the price, and i personally think there will be more counterfeits if that happened. Heve you looked at the lables of say Montecristo, or Rafiel Gonzolez? Any printer can make those. Clearly we are getting CC's from somwhwere already, at some good low prices too, why change that?
[Reply]
theycallmedan'lboone 08:32 AM 10-24-2008
so, oil in Cuba... why don't we just take it.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 08:36 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by taltos:
I voted no and will continue to vote no until Cuba voluntarily starts to make reparations to US companies and individuals who had assets nationalized and until their human rights abuses end.
:-)
[Reply]
fsjonsey 08:59 AM 10-24-2008
I voted no and will continue to vote no until Cuba voluntarily starts to make reparations to US companies and individuals who had assets nationalized and until their human rights abuses end.
:-):-):-)
[Reply]
FriskyDingo 09:08 AM 10-24-2008
I voted Yes. Yea, the price of cigars would go through the roof and I wouldn't see any for a while, but after things settle down I think everything would be fine and would love to have the ability to go to a B&M and buy a box or buy from an online retailer to purchase some without fear of having them yanked by Customs. They were common and inexpensive at one point and they could be again.

Plus, if trade was open with Cuba, I think both the US and Cuba would prosper monetarily. Cuba is said to have the worlds best mechanics since they can't get parts for their american cars and still find a way to make them run. :-)
[Reply]
Ken 10:40 AM 10-24-2008
Sad that you were the first to mention 'people'. I'm actully of the mind that if things opened up between Cuban & U.S. then changes would come and a lot of deep wounds would start to heal.

Originally Posted by :
The most interesting thing with a dropped embargo would be all new blends where the producers outside Cuba could start to incorporate Cuban leaf in their blends.
Nothing to do with the embargo, it's Cuban gov controlled.
[Reply]
RottenZombie 10:47 AM 10-24-2008
I vote for yes,End the embargo. Maby they will import more Cubans like these.

[Reply]
BC-Axeman 11:08 AM 10-24-2008
I can't answer just yes or no to this question.
Yes, if Cuba were to do some things first...
No if things are just the way they are now.
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 11:11 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by theycallmedan'lboone:
so, oil in Cuba... why don't we just take it.
The Chinese already have it. It was found in similar waters to where we won't drill.:-)
[Reply]
icantbejon 11:26 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by wrench turner 85:
i disagree, I think cuban people take pride in ther cigars and they would produce to the max without loosing quality. but the price would go threw the roof.
I agree with you here. It's simple supply/demand economics. They will produce as much as they can in a quality fashion, but the supply will never keep up with the demand making the cigars you normally buy super expensive.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 04:27 PM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by RottenZombie:
I vote for yes,End the embargo. Maby they will import more Cubans like these.

in that case, i will vote YES:-)
[Reply]
taltos 04:54 PM 10-24-2008
Kind of too bad that people value a cigar more than the valid interests of people and companies who were hurt by Castro and his revolution when he nationalized everything. Ask the Fuente family and others how much the revolution helped them. Ask the Cuban refugees in Miami how Castro was good for them. I have probably gone too far but if cigars are valued over people, I should not belong to a cigar forum.
[Reply]
macpappy 06:16 PM 10-24-2008
Kind of too bad that people value a cigar more than the valid interests of people and companies who were hurt by Castro and his revolution when he nationalized everything. Ask the Fuente family and others how much the revolution helped them. Ask the Cuban refugees in Miami how Castro was good for them. I have probably gone too far but if cigars are valued over people, I should not belong to a cigar forum.
you make some very valid points.
I think I know how Carlos would vote on this too
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up