Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Cigar Software
Goz 05:52 PM 10-22-2008
I know this topic has been addressed several times. However the software market can change rapidly. So my question is:

Have there been any updates to cigar inventory software or has any new software come out in the past couple of months that is worth talking about?
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 06:46 PM 10-22-2008
I'm interested in something Linux based. If anyone knows of something, I'd appreciate a link.
[Reply]
white_s2k 06:46 PM 10-22-2008
I'd like to know also.. my collection is starting to grow and it would be nice to have it sorted so I don't have to open my humi and dig through it all. :-)
[Reply]
Volt 07:07 PM 10-22-2008
I use Cigar Register - pretty decent and tried Cigar Briefcase for a bit...
[Reply]
white_s2k 07:13 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by Volt:
Awesome write-up, I'm going to DL it! :-)
[Reply]
DWCR_Bob 05:10 AM 10-23-2008
I have been wondering if there is a interest in an iPhone and or Internet based inventory product thAt would also link to on-line reviews. Such a system would allow the user to look up other reviews of a cigar while shopping and check what they have on hand or what was purchased recently.
[Reply]
macms 05:26 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by DWCR_Bob:
I have been wondering if there is a interest in an iPhone and or Internet based inventory product thAt would also link to on-line reviews. Such a system would allow the user to look up other reviews of a cigar while shopping and check what they have on hand or what was purchased recently.
Yes. :-)
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 05:38 AM 10-23-2008
I have a simple FileMaker Pro database that I created. It has fields for Name, Number, Size, Date in Humidor, Origin, Price Per, and Comments. It helps me as I learn and as my collection grows.

If anyone would like a blank copy I would be glad to send it.
[Reply]
kayaker 06:40 AM 10-23-2008
I only have a small collection (<100 sticks), so I have been using Excel for now.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 07:03 AM 10-23-2008
Originally Posted by Volt:
I've been cateloguing my sticks using a stick in the sand out here at the beach and dabnabit but every time a big wave comes, it wipes out the inventory so I have to start all over again or smoke all the sticks in my collection. Hmmm....... not a bad idea! :-)

Thanks for cigar register; I forgot about that place - I'll check it out again now.
[Reply]
Up