Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Famous Nicaraguan 3000
roughrider 12:44 PM 10-20-2008
Anybody try the new batch since they came back in-stock? How are they? Same as the old batch, better, worse? Lets hear your thoughts/opinions.
[Reply]
Totemic 12:59 PM 10-20-2008
No idea how they compare with older batches since I never had the opprotunity to try the older ones. But the latest ones are pretty decent. They certainly make good daily cigars and they are inexpensive enough that if I don't have time to finish one, I don't mind tossing it.

I ended up buying 6 bundles. :-)
[Reply]
MTB996 04:29 PM 10-20-2008
Haven't had the new batch yet, but I found previous batches need some time (>6 months) to settle down. I think they are great, cheap smokes, but way too harsh when fresh.
[Reply]
jaycarla 08:52 PM 10-20-2008
I have had 2 out of the last batch and they seem right on with the previous ones.
[Reply]
Boobar 10:44 AM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by MTB996:
Haven't had the new batch yet, but I found previous batches need some time (>6 months) to settle down. I think they are great, cheap smokes, but way too harsh when fresh.
My thoughts exactly, after 6 months or so of rest these babies mellow a bit and are a great cheap cigar.
[Reply]
brigey57 10:22 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by MTB996:

Originally Posted by Boobar:
My thoughts exactly, after 6 months or so of rest these babies mellow a bit and are a great cheap cigar.
When you let them age are they in a humi by them selves or do you co-mingle the sticks with others you have on hand? At what RH do you store the cigars? :-)
[Reply]
TideRoll 10:31 PM 10-22-2008
Originally Posted by brigey57:
When you let them age are they in a humi by them selves or do you co-mingle the sticks with others you have on hand? At what RH do you store the cigars? :-)
I've let them hang out with others of their kind and whatever else they happen to be next to when they take up more than one section of the drawer. I've not had any problems with them and they do age quite nicely, holding onto plenty of taste and rounding out a bit. I've still got some from the first offering, along with several released down the line, and they are all pretty consistent, all-in-all. I store mine at 63%-65%.
[Reply]
Homebrewer 03:55 AM 10-24-2008
These are on cigar monster's deal of the day. I pulled the trigger...
[Reply]
Boobar 06:06 AM 10-24-2008
I co-mingle all my sticks and I try to keep them at 63% to 66%.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 02:44 PM 10-24-2008
I agree with Boobar. My cooler and humi has a good mix of different cigars and both keep a RH between 61-64%. I also keep two pouches of JM Boswells Pipe tobacco in the cooler. No problem:-)

[Reply]
Up