Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>My new humidor cabinet
Ldmroofing 05:47 PM 01-19-2013
I'm glad I've received such a "warm" welcome.( please notice sarcasm). I hope y'all don't tell everyone how crappy their cigars they are smoking are. I understand everyone here is in love with beads,fine ! I was trying to share my humidor and be a part of the community. Sorry
[Reply]
Big Bert 06:02 PM 01-19-2013
Nobody is trying to show you off Brian we all have different views on how we store our cigars, they are just giving you sound advice on what most of us have observed over time. I myself heaved used kL for almost a year but I'm soon converting to beads as well. I unlike you only have a vino not a beautiful tower cab like you. The reason I'm converting is because of the fluctuation that went on over last summer on a 16 bottle avanti. Now that I have a 28 and own more cigars I want to make sure my investment is protected and I gladly will get me some beads for that. Anyways welcome to the site and enjoy that gorgeous piece you got there
[Reply]
pnoon 06:02 PM 01-19-2013
Originally Posted by Ldmroofing:
I'm glad I've received such a "warm" welcome.( please notice sarcasm). I hope y'all don't tell everyone how crappy their cigars they are smoking are. I understand everyone here is in love with beads,fine ! I was trying to share my humidor and be a part of the community. Sorry
Wow.

Not sure why you got your feelings so hurt.

Not everyone will agree with you, your tastes, or approach. But I don't see any disrespect.
[Reply]
Ldmroofing 06:06 PM 01-19-2013
Feelings are not hurt. Just know not to mention kitty litter here.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 06:19 PM 01-19-2013
Just the community looking out for your, and your cigars, best interests. Kitty litter is not an effective medium to swifty regulate humidity in humidors for cigars. Scientifically, while it may help you achieve the results, it may be more coincidence than acurate regulation. Kitty litter was designed for the purpose of absorbing cat leavings, which isn't sufice for most experienced members to store their significant investments in cigars. The community was just trying to help you. Everyone has made mistakes in this hobby, particularly when they are new, and we all get advice and help along the way. :-)
[Reply]
Zane 07:10 PM 01-19-2013
It's ok. We have a kitty litter anonymous club. I am not only the president but also a member.
[Reply]
Ldmroofing 07:19 PM 01-19-2013
Originally Posted by Zane:
It's ok. We have a kitty litter anonymous club. I am not only the president but also a member.
Thank you. I've gotten pm from another member about this.
[Reply]
Remo 07:26 PM 01-19-2013
Put what you want in it, I just thought they were some helpful suggestions, no one was rude or attacking. Most the comments I read were what a great humi. It was :-)
[Reply]
Zane 07:26 PM 01-19-2013
Thank you. I've gotten pm from another member about this.
That's good. Just remember these guys are trying to look out for you. They might come off as pushy and condescending but really they are just trying to educate you with what they know of regarding KL vs. Beads.

It's good solid advise. I would take it myself if I wasn't so poor.
[Reply]
Remo 07:28 PM 01-19-2013
That's good. Just remember these guys are trying to look out for you. They might come off as pushy and condescending but really they are just trying to educate you with what they know of regarding KL vs. Beads.

It's good solid advise. I would take it myself if I wasn't so poor.
I am guessing sarcasm.
[Reply]
Zane 07:30 PM 01-19-2013
Originally Posted by Remo:
I am guessing sarcasm.
No? I said they come off that way. Not that they are :-)
[Reply]
Remo 07:35 PM 01-19-2013
No? I said they come off that way. Not that they are :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Ldmroofing 06:58 AM 01-22-2013
FYI my humi is staying at a perfect 66 rh and 65 degrees for weeks now. here are pics of it semi full
[Reply]
Bondo 287 07:08 AM 01-22-2013
Brian, your cabinet and collection is awesome ! Looks freakin' great !

many special goodies in there !
[Reply]
irratebass 07:51 AM 01-22-2013
Looking good brother!!!
[Reply]
jjirons69 08:27 AM 01-22-2013
Brian, did you line it in Spanish cedar? The drawers look to be cedar. I'm seriously thinking about tackling one of these down the road.
[Reply]
Nelenea 10:09 AM 01-22-2013
Looks good man ) Glad to see another BOTL from the Memphis area.

Don't sweat the small things ) Use what you want ) Smoke what you want.
[Reply]
pnoon 10:32 AM 01-22-2013
Originally Posted by Nelenea:
Don't sweat the small things ) Use what you want ) Smoke what you want.
I agree wholeheartedly. Just understand that the experienced members here are trying to help newer members avoid the mistakes and problems many have made.
[Reply]
Sadden 10:26 PM 01-22-2013
Theres a 65 boveda packet in there too so im sure thats helping regulate things. Regulate not humidify. Glad its working well.
[Reply]
Ldmroofing 08:32 AM 01-23-2013
Just threw that boveda pack in the other day. The whole thing is lined with 1 inch sc. Got rough cut and milled it down. I'm steadily building up stock
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up