Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Bad experience with thecigarstore.com
crgcpro 04:10 PM 12-14-2012
Placed my first order with TheCigarStore.com on Dec 4th for a Montague End Table Humidor (1500 capacity).

It shipped out on Dec 6th and was scheduled for delivery on 12/11. So far so good. I watch the tracking and it gets to the Fed Ex hub 10 miles from me on the 10th so I figure it will arrive as scheduled. It doesn't come on the 11th so I check tracking again and no changes. 12/12 comes and still no delivery. I check again on 12/13 and now it shows an "exception". I email thecigarstore and get no response and live chat is down. So I call Fedex and after being transferred around to about 10 people, I finally am told that I needed to call to schedule a delivery and that's why it hasn't been delivered. I ask him how was I supposed to know that I had to call you and he replied that the company that you bought it from should have told you.

So anyway I get the delivery scheduled for today and it's on the porch when I get home. I'm starting to feel better about the 20 new boxes that have been sitting downstairs waiting on this thing for a few days until I open it up and take it out of the box.

I set it up in the corner I had reserved for it and go through all of the packaging to get it set up. There's a box with the legs, Check, but no screws for them, no clips for the shelves, and the Keys are missing. The sent me a locked humidor with no keys!

So now it's Friday afternoon and the warehouse is closed and I get on chat with someone who could actually care less about the delay (blaming it on Fedex) and the fact that I still can't use the humidor because I don't have the keys for it.

The customer service guy is going to email the warehouse and ask them about it so I guess he'll get an answer some time next week and if I'm lucky, I will have the rest of the parts in another week.

When i live chatted with the CS rep tonight, all I wanted was a legitimate explanation for these problems, some compassion for the situation, as well as an immediate solution and I was 0 for 3!

It sucks to spend $600 and be mad enough to want to send it back! I will never do business with them again and I suggest that you do not either.

Bart
[Reply]
hscmit 04:30 PM 12-14-2012
sorry you are going through this with them

thanks for the heads up it is always good to know what businesses to avoid
[Reply]
iaMkcK 06:30 PM 12-14-2012
Originally Posted by crgcpro:
Placed my first order with TheCigarStore.com on Dec 4th for a Montague End Table Humidor (1500 capacity).

It shipped out on Dec 6th and was scheduled for delivery on 12/11. So far so good. I watch the tracking and it gets to the Fed Ex hub 10 miles from me on the 10th so I figure it will arrive as scheduled. It doesn't come on the 11th so I check tracking again and no changes. 12/12 comes and still no delivery. I check again on 12/13 and now it shows an "exception". I email thecigarstore and get no response and live chat is down. So I call Fedex and after being transferred around to about 10 people, I finally am told that I needed to call to schedule a delivery and that's why it hasn't been delivered. I ask him how was I supposed to know that I had to call you and he replied that the company that you bought it from should have told you.

So anyway I get the delivery scheduled for today and it's on the porch when I get home. I'm starting to feel better about the 20 new boxes that have been sitting downstairs waiting on this thing for a few days until I open it up and take it out of the box.

I set it up in the corner I had reserved for it and go through all of the packaging to get it set up. There's a box with the legs, Check, but no screws for them, no clips for the shelves, and the Keys are missing. The sent me a locked humidor with no keys!

So now it's Friday afternoon and the warehouse is closed and I get on chat with someone who could actually care less about the delay (blaming it on Fedex) and the fact that I still can't use the humidor because I don't have the keys for it.

The customer service guy is going to email the warehouse and ask them about it so I guess he'll get an answer some time next week and if I'm lucky, I will have the rest of the parts in another week.

When i live chatted with the CS rep tonight, all I wanted was a legitimate explanation for these problems, some compassion for the situation, as well as an immediate solution and I was 0 for 3!

It sucks to spend $600 and be mad enough to want to send it back! I will never do business with them again and I suggest that you do not either.

Bart
Never even heard of that website, and I guess that's a good thing. I appreciate the heads up!
[Reply]
Taki 07:58 PM 12-14-2012
Wonder if it was purchased prior to you then returned and resold??? Kinda like a refurbished unit or something?? Kind of like they never opened it up to check and see if all the parts were there after it was returned?? Just thinking out loud
[Reply]
TJarv 08:17 PM 12-14-2012
Sorry to hear that Bart, hopefully they do the right thing and get this stuff out to you ASAP
[Reply]
crgcpro 08:25 PM 12-14-2012
It looks brand new. The screw holes don't look like they have been used or anything. I think they just forgot to put the bag in there with the keys, electrical unit, screws, wood dowels, instructions, etc. It's not the end of the world by any means but the way the CS guy handled it when I live chatted just rubbed me wrong. If I had been on that end, I couldn't have apologized enough and promised to get the stuff out at the first opportunity but he seemed to care less.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:44 PM 12-14-2012
Sorry to hear. I'd be sending it back. :-)
[Reply]
688sonarmen 09:19 PM 12-14-2012
It looks brand new. The screw holes don't look like they have been used or anything. I think they just forgot to put the bag in there with the keys, electrical unit, screws, wood dowels, instructions, etc. It's not the end of the world by any means but the way the CS guy handled it when I live chatted just rubbed me wrong. If I had been on that end, I couldn't have apologized enough and promised to get the stuff out at the first opportunity but he seemed to care less.
Sorry to hear that. For what it's worth I have the same cab and its a great humidor. When are they going to send you the keys? I have an extra one if you want it.
[Reply]
crgcpro 07:33 AM 12-15-2012
I'm not sure. I need the whole package that's missing. Keys, screws, electrical outlet box, wood dowels, etc. I'm sure they'll get around to shipping it out next week sometime. In the meantime, I have to grab a cooler for these 20+ new boxes I have laying around.
[Reply]
maninblack 06:48 AM 12-16-2012
Originally Posted by kelmac07:
Sorry to hear. I'd be sending it back. :-)
What Mac said. Too many other reputable vendors out there that I'd give my business to.
[Reply]
equetefue 08:40 AM 12-16-2012
I would send it back for sure, as I would refuse to support a bad vendor.
[Reply]
irratebass 09:11 AM 12-16-2012
Wow! This scares me, since I will be purchasing my tower in a few months....sorry this happened and best of luck brother....post with updates.
[Reply]
crgcpro 03:26 PM 12-20-2012
Just an update. Parts still haven't arrived yet. They said they have sent them out though. Must have shipped them by Pony Express or maybe they strapped them on the back of a Turtle being dragged by a team of snails!
[Reply]
Robulous78 12:42 AM 12-21-2012
Sorry to hear this Bart... Hope they eventually make it right...
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:28 AM 12-21-2012
Just an update. Parts still haven't arrived yet. They said they have sent them out though. Must have shipped them by Pony Express or maybe they strapped them on the back of a Turtle being dragged by a team of snails!
This time of year all shipping is slow -- so hopefully you will get your parts soon and all work work out OK.
[Reply]
Lockspur 12:10 PM 12-21-2012
If they sent them via USPS, then it will take a while. I have a pistol enroute using 2-day Priority Mail...mailed on the 15th...STILL not here.
[Reply]
mosesbotbol 02:31 PM 12-21-2012
I'd return it and move on...
[Reply]
fairladyz33 01:11 PM 12-22-2012
Be sure to email thecigarstore.com a link to this thread; after you get all of your parts of course :-). Online vendors live and die by forum reviews and a few threads like this will ward off potential buyers. I buy pretty much all of my car parts online and have had mostly positive experiences thanks to threads like this on various forums. It's just not worth mistreating customers when there's so many other options out there.
[Reply]
shilala 01:25 PM 12-22-2012
thecigarstore.com isn't impressing so far, fairlady. I agree with you 100% about the reviews, too. I lean on reviews very hard for information on companies and their products. It's one of the things that makes Amazon so awesome.
These people have already failed miserably and I doubt that I'd use them for anything at all, there are juust too many other options out there. I sure wouldn't recommend them to anyone for fear a friend would suffer the same lousy quality and piss-poor customer service attitude.
[Reply]
fairladyz33 01:46 PM 12-22-2012
It's amazing what forums of this high quality can do for it's members! A few minutes of searching and reading can save your wallet's life lol. That's why I don't understand vendors that half-ass their customer service/relations. I will likely never buy anything from thecigarstore.com lol.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up