Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>What do you DISLIKE about your Cigar Caddy?
spectrrr 07:37 AM 11-08-2008
simple question: What things could be improved on the large 30 stick count cigar caddy / herfadors?? What is that one feature you wish it had, or that one thing that you always wish could be done better.

In a similar vein, what do you think it does very well, a feature that you love and feel is essential to travel and herfing?

I am looking to build my own custom unit, one that will hopefully do a better job, and hold about 75 sticks in it. But I need al ittle design input, as I don't have a 30 count one and do not know what needs improving. (I've got a 15 count, but EVERYTHING needs improving on that guy!). And if I like the end result and can build it for a reasonable price, I'll make em available to folks here in lunyville as well.
[Reply]
tobii3 08:03 AM 11-08-2008
A "holster" on the outside for lighter, cutter etc.....

Hey, you SAID LoonyVille......
[Reply]
ahc4353 08:15 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by tobii3:
A "holster" on the outside for lighter, cutter etc.....

Hey, you SAID LoonyVille......
I agree with Tobii, a place to carry a lighter and cutter.

And a button, that when pushed, refills it with old floral CC's.

Let me know when it's ready.

Thanks!
[Reply]
Mugen910 08:16 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
I agree with Tobii, a place to carry a lighter and cutter.

And a button, that when pushed, refills it with old floral CC's.
Now this man is thinking!!!

errrm...The lighter/cutter holder works too.
[Reply]
CigarDood 08:20 AM 11-08-2008
What don't you like about the 15 count model. I'm thinking about getting one.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
TRicker 08:22 AM 11-08-2008
I would say a secret hidden bear trap, so when anyone tries to mooch, WHAMMO!!
[Reply]
tsolomon 08:32 AM 11-08-2008
I just got the Puck 50 from Cigarmony to use in it, so custom foam trays would be the next addition and maybe I can work out a space for a cutter and lighter. As for new features, since they all look the same at a herf, a place to slip a business card into would be great.
[Reply]
spectrrr 08:32 AM 11-08-2008
reguarding the space to carry a cutter and lighter(s), do you really want this to be on the outside of the case, or is inside ok? (it wouldnt take away from the storage space).

2 main problems with the 15ct model, otherwise its an ok unit.
1) not nearly enough space for my uses. I really want to be able to carry more with me to a herf.
2) if you've got 12-15 sticks in there, its real solid, nothing moves around. but any less than 10-12 sticks in it and things rattle around in it unless you have something else in there taking up the extra space.
[Reply]
ahc4353 08:34 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by spectrrr:
reguarding the space to carry a cutter and lighter(s), do you really want this to be on the outside of the case, or is inside ok? (it wouldnt take away from the storage space).

1) not nearly enough space for my uses. I really want to be able to carry more with me to a herf.
2) if you've got 12-15 sticks in there, its real solid, nothing moves around. but any less than 10-12 sticks in it and things rattle around in it unless you have something else in there taking up the extra space.
I would want the lighter and cutter on the inside. As for my "special" button I'll let you pick.

Side note I would never use a travel case that did not have the foam trays. Ever.
[Reply]
CigarDood 08:50 AM 11-08-2008

Thanks for the info. Would you recommend any other brands.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
spectrrr 09:10 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by CigarDood:
Thanks for the info. Would you recommend any other brands.
Posted via Mobile Device
depends on what size unit you want to carry, how many sticks you want to hold, how much you want to spend, etc

a lot of folks like the 18ct model. For another $15-$20, you can order some improved foam trays so everything stays in place. The better foam trays also allow you to get the capcity up to 24 or even 32 sticks if you smoke shorter 6" cigars, or 18-24 if you smoke churchills.

and there's the 30 count cigar caddy as well. beyond that, there's not too many options out there that are readily available, hence why i'm building my own :-)
[Reply]
spectrrr 09:15 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
Side note I would never use a travel case that did not have the foam trays. Ever.
no worries there.. I learned the hard way with the 15ct cigar caddy. anything I do will have those trays :-)

keep em coming guys - I really want to design this thing right!
[Reply]
Arrow111 09:42 AM 11-08-2008
the 15ct. is hard as hell to open after a flight. i guess cabin pressure creates a vacuum which makes it impossible to open without a screwdriver =/
[Reply]
bobarian 09:44 AM 11-08-2008
Mine keeps running out of smokes. WTF??? I think I got a bad one. :-)
[Reply]
Opusfxd 10:12 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Yours does that too? I thought I had the only one that did that. Better watch for a recall on these defects.
[Reply]
BlackDog 11:43 AM 11-08-2008
I don't see this being a fault. If it was advertised as a 15 ct model, and it carries 15 sticks, then it's doing exactly what they said it would do. I do, though, have an issue with desk top humi's that say they hold (for example) 100 sticks and really only hold 60 or 70.
[Reply]
Darrell 11:45 AM 11-08-2008
Yeah, I got the same shitty model. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 11:47 AM 11-08-2008
Originally Posted by Opusfxd:
Yours does that too? I thought I had the only one that did that. Better watch for a recall on these defects.
Originally Posted by Darrell:
Yeah, I got the same shitty model. :-) :-) :-)

See, my "special button" would fix this problem! :-)
[Reply]
AD720 12:05 PM 11-08-2008
Not a dislike or complaint but it would be really cool if my caddy had some sort of compartment, maybe in the lid somehow, that holds a cutter and lighter. I always loose some space and also worry about them rattling around and beating up the cigars.
[Reply]
nozero 02:18 PM 11-08-2008
I'd like to be able to remove the top and bottom foam pieces as well as the humidifier. A seperate compartment on the left or right big enough to store a lighter and cutter would be nice. That way they don't bounce around and damage the smokes. Other than that, I wish mine had the purge valve, not that I've needed it yet, but I think it's a cool feature.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up