Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Fridge Reclamation Part II...
BigAsh 12:35 PM 07-31-2010
Started this project last year....life, work, etc. etc. intervened and just bringing to a finish now...drawers from Chasden (nice custom work Chuck!! ) are seasoning as I type this...still waiting on the top shelf for box storage... the drawers are deep and solid cedar with glass top...I'll be putting 1/2 lb of Shilia beads in each so I'll have mini humidors in the humidor...Oasis XL underneath for overall active humidification...Johnson controller for external setting of the temp, although we keep our house cool enough that I may not need it...Here's the link to the original thread http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18433 ....Painted her "Partagas Red"....inspiration was PSDN 4, one of my favorites....Overall, I'm very happy with the way it came out...

BEFORE:

AFTER:

THE "INSPIRATION":
[Reply]
BigAsh 12:37 PM 07-31-2010
THE INSIDE:

[Reply]
BigAsh 12:44 PM 07-31-2010
And much thanks to my good buddy Joe who had the patience and precision to install the drawers in the fridge as I found out the hard way that the inside of the fridge itself was not "square" so measurements were all over the place...I gotta guy if anyone needs one!...Its one of those things I didn't expect to encounter when I undertook this....thought it would be simple install...silly me :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 12:53 PM 07-31-2010
Way cool Keith!! :-) :-) Love the paint job.
[Reply]
Smokin Gator 12:56 PM 07-31-2010
That is BA brother!!! Looks awfully empty though!!! Hmmm....
[Reply]
The Poet 12:59 PM 07-31-2010
Man, that's gotta be the biggest box of Party-Gas I've ever seen! It must take a solid week to smoke one of those puppies! :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 01:13 PM 07-31-2010
Beautiful. I had one of those same refrigerators. It was old in the '60s. The freezer IS the evaporator and is stuck the way it is built, you can't modify it. You might be able to replace the evaporator coil with a smaller one if you can get freon to replace the banned freon in it. I guess you may know that already. I would gut it and get a thermoelectric unit from an RV fridge or just do without it. That much more room.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:58 PM 07-31-2010
that thing is beautiful Keith
[Reply]
G G 02:14 PM 07-31-2010
:-)
[Reply]
bsmokin 02:50 PM 07-31-2010
That's awesome Keith! Really like the party inspired paint job. Very cool :-)

Are you planning on plugging this in and using the refrigeration? Do you really need it in the Philly area? Just curious...

Very cool project though... You'll have fun filling it up too... :-)
[Reply]
Barteur 03:21 PM 07-31-2010
Bery nice I like the final touch. PSD4 rocks
[Reply]
BigAsh 06:05 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by BC-Axeman:
Beautiful. I had one of those same refrigerators. It was old in the '60s. The freezer IS the evaporator and is stuck the way it is built, you can't modify it. You might be able to replace the evaporator coil with a smaller one if you can get freon to replace the banned freon in it. I guess you may know that already. I would gut it and get a thermoelectric unit from an RV fridge or just do without it. That much more room.
Originally Posted by bsmokin:
That's awesome Keith! Really like the party inspired paint job. Very cool :-)

Are you planning on plugging this in and using the refrigeration? Do you really need it in the Philly area? Just curious...

Very cool project though... You'll have fun filling it up too... :-)
Right now haven't needed the "cooling" aspect of this project.....when it gets too hot 'round here the AC is on so house ambient temp never gets too hot....the freezer compartment is being used for storage of all the cigar paraphenalia....5 finger bags, lighter fuel, extra cutters/lighters, travel humis, etc. etc. etc.....so not "wasted space"....
[Reply]
TripleF 06:19 AM 08-01-2010
DUDE.....that rocks bro!! I dig it. Very nice work! :-)
[Reply]
68TriShield 06:47 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Right now haven't needed the "cooling" aspect of this project.....when it gets too hot 'round here the AC is on so house ambient temp never gets too hot....the freezer compartment is being used for storage of all the cigar paraphenalia....5 finger bags, lighter fuel, extra cutters/lighters, travel humis, etc. etc. etc.....so not "wasted space"....
Even the old fridges insulated fairly well.With a/c in the house I think he's golden.
The freezer compartment left the original color adds a retro edge I like,very cool :-)
Harvest Gold I believe lol...
[Reply]
longknocker 07:36 AM 08-01-2010
Awesome, Keith!:-) Keep The Pics Coming, Brother!:-)
[Reply]
AD720 07:45 AM 08-01-2010
So cool...
[Reply]
Savvy 08:33 AM 08-01-2010
Nice work Keith. I was curious as to how this was going to turn out from the last thread, and you did an awesome job turning that around. Enjoy filling it up now. :-)
[Reply]
BC-Axeman 10:29 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by BigAsh:
Perfect!
How did you get the graphics done?
[Reply]
bsmokin 11:01 AM 08-01-2010
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Even the old fridges insulated fairly well.With a/c in the house I think he's golden.
The freezer compartment left the original color adds a retro edge I like,very cool :-)
Harvest Gold I believe lol...

ahhh... I was going to ask why even keep the freezer in, but this makes sense! Very cool!
[Reply]
marge796 11:40 AM 08-01-2010
Top notch work, Keith!!!

:-)

Chris.....
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up