Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>VintoTemp 2x in Target $139, El Monte, California
Raralith 12:39 PM 10-20-2008
Posted in CS, but you guys should know also.

I just dropped by the Target near my work they had 3 , now 2, on clearance for $139 each, they will not hold, 90 day exchange/refund, and will give you the lesser value if the clearance is further reduced. The remaining two boxes are OK, they look unopened, but all 3 had a few bangup's on the boxes. I'll be checking it fully when I head home, and if there are problems, I'm exchanging it so you better beat me to it!

Remember, these are discontinued so once they are out, they are completely out. This is the tried, true, and trusted winer cooler that many have converted to their personal humidors, there are many like it, but this one is mine!
[Reply]
SmokinApe 12:43 PM 10-20-2008
Originally Posted by Raralith:
Posted in CS, but you guys should know also.

I just dropped by the Target near my work they had 3 , now 2, on clearance for $139 each, they will not hold, 90 day exchange/refund, and will give you the lesser value if the clearance is further reduced. The remaining two boxes are OK, they look unopened, but all 3 had a few bangup's on the boxes. I'll be checking it fully when I head home, and if there are problems, I'm exchanging it so you better beat me to it!

Remember, these are discontinued so once they are out, they are completely out. This is the tried, true, and trusted winer cooler that many have converted to their personal humidors, there are many like it, but this one is mine!
Discontinued? As in no longer made???
[Reply]
kwoody 12:48 PM 10-20-2008
I saw some VinoTemp products in Best Buy the other day.. maybe Target is no longer carrying them.. but BB had an 18 bottle and something else.. maybe they are switching carriers..
[Reply]
Raralith 02:04 PM 10-20-2008
Well, this is interesting. I talked to the manager at Target and he is saying they are going on clearance because they discontinued it.

I just called VinoTemp (http://www.vinotemp.com/View.aspx/28...c-Wine-Cooler-), transfered to sales, and they said they are out of stock but still make them, and will have more on stock if on the 24th. Priced at $329.00 with $99.00 shipping though... They have a "Silver" version, but using the search function, I have not seen a picture of someone owning the silver one.

So, I am probably wrong on the discontinued as a whole, it may be that Target is discontinuing them. Could someone call their local Target and verify?

And the 28 bottle is the one that everyone uses probably because it fits so perfectly and has been tested for quite some time. The 18 bottle, I've seen on their catalog but I'm not sure if they are as well know or tested.
[Reply]
SmokinApe 02:10 PM 10-20-2008
I have two of the 28's and love them... I would hate to seem them off the market...
[Reply]
Goz 07:59 PM 10-21-2008
I just picked up two, here in the burbs of Seattle, for 139.98. Same deal, wouldn't hold and did not expect to get any more in.
[Reply]
Raralith 12:15 PM 10-23-2008
I just went back and they are $50 each now. I purchased the remaining two. Check with your local Target B&M, I asked when it was lowered, and the associate said yesterday.
[Reply]
mrreindeer 12:32 PM 10-23-2008
And the 28 bottle is the one that everyone uses probably because it fits so perfectly and has been tested for quite some time. The 18 bottle, I've seen on their catalog but I'm not sure if they are as well know or tested.
FWIW - I've been told that the BOTL/SOTL have the 28-bottle because the other sizes have the traditional refrigeration cooling systems as opposed to the 28-bottle Vino which has the thermo-electric cooling unit which doesn't suck the moisture from your cigars. :-)
[Reply]
Molarman777 01:02 PM 10-23-2008
I just went back and they are $50 each now. I purchased the remaining two. Check with your local Target B&M, I asked when it was lowered, and the associate said yesterday.

WOW now that sir is a great deal, congrats!
[Reply]
white_s2k 01:30 PM 10-23-2008
Were you able to get a price adjustment on the 1st one you bought?

I'm hitting up the 4 targets near me on the way home!
[Reply]
Raralith 01:42 PM 10-23-2008
I purchased my original one for $140, it came down to $50, I was given the difference of $90 so I basiclly lost $50 for the first VinoTemp.
[Reply]
zmancbr 08:55 AM 10-24-2008
I called a bunch of Targets yesterday and it seems that only some carry them and they were all Super Targets. But they were $49.98 each and they were selling quick. So if you guys wanna grab a cheap vino head over ASAP... out of the 6 or 7 store I called Only 2 had any and they were pretty much gone before I got there.
[Reply]
dunng 09:01 AM 10-24-2008
It got posted on SlickDeals... so get them while you can! :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 09:06 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by dunng:
It got posted on SlickDeals... so get them while you can! :-)
And they have them on an endcap marked 75% off clearance with big Red signs... so they are really trying to clear them out.. :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:13 AM 10-24-2008
I called the closest target this morning, was told they had one left. I raced the 30 miles, got there in 15 minutes and was told they sold it right before I got there. Anyone have any idea where to get these other than Target?
[Reply]
Raralith 09:52 AM 10-24-2008
What state?

I would just call the number on target.com, tell them what state and city, give them the DCIP (I think it's that), and tell them to search for you.
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:55 AM 10-24-2008
What state?

I would just call the number on target.com, tell them what state and city, give them the DCIP (I think it's that), and tell them to search for you.

I am in NY. Can they ship it to me?
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:13 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
I am in NY. Can they ship it to me?
I doubt it... they wouldn't even hold one for me since they were on clearance...

The DPCI number for you to give them is: 072-01-0164

They can search their inventory with that number and some stores will even search other stores that have it in stock for you.

Good luck!!
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 10:23 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by zmancbr:
I doubt it... they wouldn't even hold one for me since they were on clearance...

The DPCI number for you to give them is: 072-01-0164

They can search their inventory with that number and some stores will even search other stores that have it in stock for you.

Good luck!!

I got that number in the first store. No luck finding it in any other stores. The thing that pisses me off is that if I was at the store when they opened at 8am I would have had one.
[Reply]
zmancbr 10:36 AM 10-24-2008
Originally Posted by gettysburgfreak:
I got that number in the first store. No luck finding it in any other stores. The thing that pisses me off is that if I was at the store when they opened at 8am I would have had one.
Yeah I hear ya... I called a couple on the way home from work yesterday and they both had 2... by the time I got to each, there was only 1 left... I grabbed it quick really quick.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up