Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>what kind of butane do you use?
Waynegro1 11:28 PM 11-09-2008
LAVA, five times refined. This is the ONLY type I use and I love it!!
[Reply]
bigloo 12:21 AM 11-10-2008
Colibri or Blazer fuel. Both seem to work great in my all my torch lighters.
[Reply]
md4958 07:21 AM 11-10-2008
Lava. used to use colibri, but i have better performance from the Lava
[Reply]
rhythm11 07:44 AM 11-10-2008
I use 5x lava, I have not used Vector but just sent some to someone in a bomb, :-):-) . I used one can of Colibri, as it can with a lighter purchase. It just didn't last that long, so I haven't bought anymore.
[Reply]
Celt 08:42 AM 11-10-2008
I bought some Lava from Atlantic when I ordered my Blazer lighter but man I cannot seem to find one of the nozzle adapters that work well.
No matter what I do I get the crap all over my hands while its filling up.

Anyone else notice this problem? I thought I must be a dumb ass or something that I cant fill my lighter without soaking myelf with butane!

:-)
[Reply]
TripleF 08:52 AM 11-10-2008
ZIPPO here.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 12:31 PM 05-07-2012
Is Lava being sold anywhere?
[Reply]
Bill86 02:31 PM 05-07-2012
I heard it was gone late 2010, at least that's what Lavabutane.com says.

They now advertise Tattooworks 5 times refined butane, anyone heard about that one?
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 02:34 PM 05-07-2012
Originally Posted by Bill86:

They now advertise Tattooworks 5 times refined butane, anyone heard about that one?
Yeah I read that too, I didn't know if there was stock still floating around though.
[Reply]
shopkins82 07:40 PM 05-07-2012
I use FasFil 5x Refined for my picky lighters (Lotus, most triple-flames) and King or Ronson for lighters that aren't so picky (Ronsons, soft-flames). I can get both FasFil and King from the same Discount Tobacco (i.e. cigarette store) for $4 and $2 per large can respectively. The King is 3x Refined and would probably work fine for all my lighters, but for $4/can it's not much mor to go with the 5x stuff.
[Reply]
T.G 07:58 PM 05-07-2012

Myself and a number of other BABOTL are using the TattooWorks. It's not quite the old Lava, but it's very good quality butane, one of Eric's finicky lighters even started working normally once filled with it.

The filling stems on the cans suck though, you have to use the included adapters to be able to fill most lighters. Speaking from personal experience, the stems are really thin, not using the adapters can expand the nozzle on the stem making fitting it to any lighter or adapter a PITA.
[Reply]
Jasonw560 08:01 PM 05-07-2012
For my Thunderbirds, I use Vector. Same company, works well. For my Ronson, well....Ronson. May get some Xikar at the Good B&M next time I'm there. Kinda pricey, though.
[Reply]
ChicagoWhiteSox 08:05 PM 05-07-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
Myself and a number of other BABOTL are using the TattooWorks. It's not quite the old Lava, but it's very good quality butane, one of Eric's finicky lighters even started working normally once filled with it.

The filling stems on the cans suck though, you have to use the included adapters to be able to fill most lighters. Speaking from personal experience, the stems are really thin, not using the adapters can expand the nozzle on the stem making fitting it to any lighter or adapter a PITA.
Have you used Vector fuel before? If so, how do TattooWorks and Vector compare?
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:07 PM 05-07-2012
I have been using TattoWorks butane as well. It works well and none of my lighters fouled like they used to to. The price is pretty good and you can order it online.
[Reply]
Bill86 08:08 PM 05-07-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:

Ah thanks Adam, first I ever heard of Tattooworks being used. In reality I've got enough butane for quite a few years but seeing as how cheap it is, never hurts to pick up a few cans here and there.
[Reply]
T.G 08:27 PM 05-07-2012
Originally Posted by ChicagoWhiteSox:
Have you used Vector fuel before? If so, how do TattooWorks and Vector compare?
Yes I have, I was stuck using Vector before Slimboli turned me on to Tattoworks.

Telling the difference visually is very subjective. In the same lighters, the Tattooworks appears to perform better. It's noticeable, but not an earth shattering difference.

I'm not a big user of torches, typically I use a bic, so I can't comment on the long term results of heavy use, maybe some of the other guys can comment there.

Ah thanks Adam, first I ever heard of Tattooworks being used. In reality I've got enough butane for quite a few years but seeing as how cheap it is, never hurts to pick up a few cans here and there.
Welcome Bill.

FWIW, I've been advised to avoid the TattooWorks cans with the colored backgrounds, like the ones found on ebay. Allegedly, they are knock off cans filled with a lower grade product. The legit cans have black backgrounds as seen on the lavabutane site. There are, IIRC, six or eight different tattoo designs and when you place any of the legit cans side by side with the knock-off, it's really obvious how poorly done the knock-offs are.
[Reply]
Partially Deaf 10:21 PM 05-25-2012
I use Xikar butane.
[Reply]
Retiredguy 10:15 AM 05-26-2012
Xikar for me.
[Reply]
lenguamor 12:29 PM 05-26-2012
Lava or Vector. Anything that's refined more than 3 times, and isn't expensive..
[Reply]
alwayslit 03:37 PM 05-26-2012
vector and lava
[Reply]
Page 4 of 5
« First < 234 5 >
Up