Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 34 > Last »
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>I wish Palio's didn't Look so Cheap
AngryBill 06:54 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by jrwingate6:
I am also tired of this cutter coming off it's tracks. It feels like it's sticking too when I open it. I cleaned it out numerous times.
Send an email to Marc Aubb at Palio. If its broken, he will get it taken care of. I have 3 Palios, a Zino, Cuban Crafter, 2 Xikars. Palio works the best for me, everytime. Just like cigars, different cutters for different folks. Use what you like! I noticed you posted this on another board also.

As for cleaning the Palio, use some alcohol on the tracks to clean it.
[Reply]
taltos 07:04 AM 03-16-2009
I am also tired of this cutter coming off it's tracks. It feels like it's sticking too when I open it. I cleaned it out numerous times.
Interesting that on another board that we are all familiar with, the op is asking where to buy one since everyone says that they are great. Time to come clean about your agenda.
[Reply]
md4958 07:06 AM 03-16-2009
Are you concerned with peoples opinons on your cutter's looks, or the functionality? If youre worried about guys at your B&M noticing the flashy cutter in your hand, then a Palio isnt for you.

As far as looks go, Palio doesnt really impress me, but I didnt buy it for looks. The cut is absolutely the best from any cutter Ive ever used.
[Reply]
dunng 07:12 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
Are you concerned with peoples opinons on your cutter's looks, or the functionality? If youre worried about guys at your B&M noticing the flashy cutter in your hand, then a Palio isnt for you.

As far as looks go, Palio doesnt really impress me, but I didnt buy it for looks. The cut is absolutely the best from any cutter Ive ever used.
Could just get the Silver Palio... :-)
[Reply]
Kreth 07:18 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by md4958:
I'd been thinking about getting a Palio for a while. I noticed that the B&M where we herfed over the weekend was a dealer, so I picked one up there. I also couldn't help noticing that many of the B&M regulars, as well as several of the guys I herfed with, were all using Palios.
[Reply]
md4958 07:25 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by dunng:
Could just get the Silver Palio... :-)
I would, but I wouldnt want to copy Bao :-)

Originally Posted by Kreth:
I'd been thinking about getting a Palio for a while. I noticed that the B&M where we herfed over the weekend was a dealer, so I picked one up there. I also couldn't help noticing that many of the B&M regulars, as well as several of the guys I herfed with, were all using Palios.

Exactly. All my buddies use Palio's and after using thiers I was so impressed I went out and bought my own.
[Reply]
SeanGAR 07:34 AM 03-16-2009
I don't like the new Palios. In fact, mine broke the other day (came apart, blade went flying) and I threw it in the trash. Yeah, I could have fixed it myself or sent it for repair, but why would I want another? I didn't think much of the cut from this one either, it was rarely perfect. Not a big fan of Xikars either, but at least those look cool and are made of metal.
[Reply]
MajorCaptSilly 07:34 AM 03-16-2009
Used mine recently at the local cigar bar and let a few others use it. They all thought it was best they ever used both in form and function.

MCS
[Reply]
icehog3 07:53 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Interesting that on another board that we are all familiar with, the op is asking where to buy one since everyone says that they are great. Time to come clean about your agenda.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40
[Reply]
loki 07:59 AM 03-16-2009
someone send the TS a beadazler and we can put this to bed
[Reply]
jitzy 08:01 AM 03-16-2009
god damn I love that dramatic look clip
[Reply]
dunng 08:06 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by loki:
someone send the TS a beadazler and we can put this to bed
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
uptown_isy 08:08 AM 03-16-2009
If you use it, it definitely doesn't "feel" cheap. In my opinion, it's got a better feel and action than any other cutter on the market. Also, the warranty is second to none.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:57 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I think the simple look is just fine. I don't think it looks or feels cheap at all. :-)
:-) Have you seen the carbon fiber and burl wood models? They definitely don't look "cheap".
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:10 AM 03-16-2009
I love my Palio, never had an issue with it. It will be the only cutter I ever use.
[Reply]
rizzle 09:28 AM 03-16-2009
I don't think they look cheap, but they do feel cheap to me. Cuts fine. I use something else. To each his own.
[Reply]
jrwingate6 09:35 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by taltos:
Just fishing for information from different sources in different ways. I want to make sure I purchase something that is really that good. My post on this forum was no more than an agenda to see if anyone here had those problems I mentioned in my OP. Sorry if I came off the wrong way, but seriously, I'm just trying to research something before I buy it. I will be ordering a Palio today from Cigar Solutions since they are offering free shipping and a free cigar holder.
[Reply]
white_s2k 09:37 AM 03-16-2009
Wait.. so you don't even own a Palio? You were just on here bashing a respected manufacturer for S&Gs?

If that's your way of getting feedback, you sure went about it the wrong way.
[Reply]
Volt 09:42 AM 03-16-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I have had mine for almost two years and never had it come off the tracks, so maybe its a defective piece. I would take it back to the store because they will replace it on the spot, no hassle.
I love the cut and will not use any but a Palio. On the other hand I also hate the way it sticks and then lets loose coming off the tracks. I hate to loan it to others because they always pull it apart. As I understand it, this is the "norm"....
[Reply]
gnukfu 09:48 AM 03-16-2009

Just fishing for information from different sources in different ways. I want to make sure I purchase something that is really that good. My post on this forum was no more than an agenda to see if anyone here had those problems I mentioned in my OP. Sorry if I came off the wrong way, but seriously, I'm just trying to research something before I buy it. I will be ordering a Palio today from Cigar Solutions since they are offering free shipping and a free cigar holder.
So you made up the line about the cutter coming off its tracks, sticking and cleaning it as your method of doing research? :-)

Hmm what happened to the douchebag smilie?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 34 > Last »
Up