Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Three Finger Cigar Case Hand Crafted By One of Our
ahc4353 03:11 PM 03-07-2009
Sorry for the delay in posting Jeff I'm sure you understand.

A while ago Jeff (stitch) sent me a cigar case that he had made and asked for honest feedback so he can improve his product. (He also sent three very nice smokes)

Anyway I sent my comments via PM and Jeff said that I should post here for all to see. I have included a copy of my PM to Jeff as well as some photos of this fantastic gift.

Thanks again Jeff, it will always be treasured.

Copy of PM to stitch
Jeff, first and foremost, thank you for such a beautiful piece. I hope to hand it down to Jr one day. And you happened to hit 2 of my favorite NC's. Amazing.

You ask that I be honest so I will. Two small things I found.

1. The latch strap was slightly off line from being straight. One side is on the 2nd or 3rd stitch and the right the 5th. I think if you look at Daves it's off as well just not as much.

2. The inside seems rough to me. I am concerned that I might damage the foot when I put the cigar in. I would choose to line it with something very soft. I think you said calf skin.

The weight of the leather is fine to me. Some might find it to heavy but I like that "feel".

I tell you this because you asked. The "flaws" if you wanna call it that are what I would consider fine and in line with a hand crafted product. Your prices are more than fair. Honestly I don't think you can really be making much. Paying more for a hand crafted product is ok by me.

It means more to me that it was made by you with your hands, for me.

If you want me to copy this to a thread I will. If you don't that's fine as well. Let me know.

Thank you again Jeff for trusting in me to give you my thoughts.

All the best to you and the Misses,
Al

Jeff's work is soon to be available in the Troop Support Store!!
Just click my signature banner and take a look. :-)
[Reply]
SilverFox 03:42 PM 03-07-2009
Damn that thing is nice, I can't wait to get mine
[Reply]
Darrell 03:44 PM 03-07-2009
That's nice.
[Reply]
ChasDen 03:59 PM 03-07-2009
From a craftsman, :-) :-) :-)

That is an awesome product.

Very fine job.

Chas
[Reply]
shvictor 04:53 PM 03-07-2009
Very cool
[Reply]
ahc4353 05:06 PM 03-07-2009
It doubles as a very nice BlackBerry case! :-)
[Reply]
TripleF 05:37 PM 03-07-2009
Now that is classy!! :-) Very, very nice!!
[Reply]
pmp 08:15 PM 03-07-2009
Cool case. I wouldn't even know where to begin to make something like that.
[Reply]
stitch 11:54 PM 03-07-2009
Originally Posted by ahc4353:
It doubles as a very nice BlackBerry case! :-)
No Kidding? ...Now thats good to know! :-)
[Reply]
ahc4353 07:58 AM 03-08-2009
Originally Posted by stitch:
No Kidding? ...Now thats good to know! :-)
Yes Jeff it does but I have a "case" on it already so it's a little bigger than normal that's why it works. Just make it a tad bit thinner, probably add a belt clip of some sort and your all set. Another market line? How many cowboys carry BlackBerrys anyway? :-)
[Reply]
Sailchaser 08:27 AM 03-08-2009
I really like the blackberry case idea, I go through one case a month, your work looks like it would last years :-)
Great Looking Work:-)
[Reply]
WildBlueSooner 09:02 AM 03-08-2009
I will definitely be getting one of these
[Reply]
HK3- 10:58 AM 03-08-2009
Nice work you've done there. Me likey! :-)
[Reply]
stitch 11:11 AM 03-08-2009
How many cowboys carry BlackBerrys anyway? :-)
You would be surprised... I don't have one, But I'm always looking to expand.
I have to be able to market stuff for the Big City folks as well.
One of these days I'll post a picture of one of my btriefcases, or one of the Day planners I make for all them busy city people :-)
Thanks for the review Al!
[Reply]
stearns 07:28 PM 03-08-2009
very nice craftsmanship, anybody would be proud to pull a stogie out of that

stearns
[Reply]
dunng 07:41 PM 03-08-2009
Yes Jeff it does but I have a "case" on it already so it's a little bigger than normal that's why it works. Just make it a tad bit thinner, probably add a belt clip of some sort and your all set. Another market line? How many cowboys carry BlackBerrys anyway? :-)
If interested, you should look at what you need to do to make them sleep when in the holster... I'm pretty sure it's a magnet strategically placed. :-)
[Reply]
drob 08:39 PM 03-08-2009
Ordered a 4 finger, basket weave a week or so ago. Got conformation of my order. A day or so later, Jeff sends me an email saying he will start it on Monday. Then says he's dropping the price by $5.

You're not gonna be in business long if you keep giving these things away, bro.

Thanks, Jeff - I can't wait to get it.
[Reply]
stitch 09:00 PM 03-08-2009
Originally Posted by drob:
Ordered a 4 finger, basket weave a week or so ago. Got conformation of my order. A day or so later, Jeff sends me an email saying he will start it on Monday. Then says he's dropping the price by $5.

You're not gonna be in business long if you keep giving these things away, bro.

Thanks, Jeff - I can't wait to get it.
I'm actually just about done with yours ...
I've been in business 25 years, I just like to make sure I'm not ripping people off ... Though I am going to have to raise the price on these things by about $5. soon ... The cost of Good American Oak tanned leather is going up again soon :-) ... it goes up almost twice a year now, And I just WILL NOT use cheap imported leather at all!
[Reply]
ucla695 07:00 AM 03-09-2009
Great craftsmanship! :-)
[Reply]
WyGuy 04:09 PM 03-09-2009
Just placed my order, can't wait until I get it!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up