Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Good Eats>Frankensauce 2020
Steve 08:45 AM 07-20-2020
Finally got around to brewing up another batch of Frankensauce this weekend. Since I got the new gas wok put together, and having learned my lesson cooking this stuff inside (after tear gassing my house in the past), I figured I would use the new cooker. I'm really looking forward to using this cooker with the wok or the griddle, but it did a pretty good job with this little pot.

I kept the seeds and pulp after straining the sauce into the bottle to add to some salsa I'll be making later. Ought to season it up nicely!
[Reply]
Weelok 09:01 AM 07-20-2020
Oh Shazam’s that must be freaking hot. Nice.

What liquid do you use such as a vinegar to prevent bacteria or is heat enough and you just use water? What are the red peppers?

I see habanero, Serrano, and maybe Jalepeno but not sure on the green peppers? Multiple green peppers?

Smart move doing this outside and gloves LOL.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:16 AM 07-20-2020
Looks delish! :-)
[Reply]
Chainsaw13 09:50 AM 07-20-2020
Looks good. Dave, my guess is habs, serrano, jalapeños (red and green). Or Fresno’s instead of red jalapeños.

Steve, You should try that lacto fermented. Hit me up if you have questions.
[Reply]
Steve 10:02 AM 07-20-2020
Originally Posted by Weelok:
Oh Shazam’s that must be freaking hot. Nice.

What liquid do you use such as a vinegar to prevent bacteria or is heat enough and you just use water? What are the red peppers?

I see habanero, Serrano, and maybe Jalepeno but not sure on the green peppers? Multiple green peppers?

Smart move doing this outside and gloves LOL.
Habs, red and green Jalapeno, Serrano, Finger Hots, Chipolte, a couple of Thai, onion, garlic and a little bit of sumpthin'-sumpthin' boiled down in a vinegar bath.

It's hot, but it won't peal you scalp off and it has a lot of rich flavor. The unmentioned ingredient adds a richness that is amazing.
[Reply]
Weelok 12:59 PM 07-20-2020
Man, that just sounds awesome!!
[Reply]
Up