Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Reputable eBay humidor seller?
GeologyRocks 08:59 AM 02-17-2013
Going to try and find a good buy on ebay for a beginning. Thinking 200-400 count. Are there any well known/reputable sellers on ebay for either new or used humidors that you guys would recommend? Any brands/sellers to stay away from?
[Reply]
chippewastud79 09:18 AM 02-17-2013
You are better off using the Devil Site. :-)
[Reply]
Brlesq 09:20 AM 02-17-2013
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
x2. You never know what people might have put inside a second hand humidor.
[Reply]
dwoodward 09:28 AM 02-17-2013
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
x3

Nothing beats the devil site.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 11:00 AM 02-17-2013
Gaaaaaaah why did you guys bring that place up ... well I have a whole day to kill ... *logs in* :-) :-)
[Reply]
mjdx88 11:03 AM 02-17-2013
the "devils site or a reputable online vendor....if you can support your local B&M.

I have purchased 2 humidors off of ebay....one was garbage I couldnt even fix the seal. It was a brand new vegas 5 20ct. The other was a gem... I think it was a Thompson 100-150ct. This was second hand but in perfect shape and sealed great I should have never passed it along years ago.

The good ones are very few and far between on ebay. You will see almost all of the online vendors carry the same humidors that are on ebay for about the same price.

IMHO build a coolidor or a wineador for the size you are looking for. I think you will find it to have a much better seal and give you more bang for your buck.
[Reply]
Bondo 287 11:06 AM 02-17-2013
Also note that a new item will be packed from the manufacturer, and ship safely. The way some of these second hand guys on eBay pack is comedic. I have so many hilarious examples I won't even get started...
[Reply]
big_jaygee 11:15 AM 02-17-2013
Originally Posted by mjdx88:
IMHO build a coolidor or a wineador for the size you are looking for. I think you will find it to have a much better seal and give you more bang for your buck.
agree with the statement above

or

http://www.cigarbid.com/Auction/Lot/...-500-Capacity/

this is not a bad price and it is close to the cigar count you are looking for
[Reply]
RobR1205 11:42 AM 02-17-2013
Devil's Site all the way. I've gotten my smaller humidors from them with no problems whatsoever.
[Reply]
omowasu 03:09 PM 02-17-2013
the "devils site or a reputable online vendor....if you can support your local B&M.

The good ones are very few and far between on ebay. You will see almost all of the online vendors carry the same humidors that are on ebay for about the same price.

Agreed, Cbids packaging has always been excellent and they would always stand by a return. If you can find a good humidor at your B&M that helps too - that way you can check the seal and make sure it is the quality you are looking for, and support a local business. Id avoid ebay for all the reasons mentioned above.

I have 6 humidors and Im condensing them down to one - I just got a 300ct from Cbid for that reason! Ill be listing the extras here once Im done.

And avoid glass tops!
[Reply]
Wharf Rat 03:45 PM 02-17-2013
There are numerous sources, but Savoy is a good brand of cheapy, veneered humidors.
[Reply]
sikk50 11:48 AM 02-18-2013
Overstock.com sometimes has good deals on humidors. I got a 100ct from them many years ago, its still holds like a rock.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 05:06 PM 02-18-2013
If you want something nice with a life time warranty you can go to Daniel Marshall's site and they have 'seconds', boxes with minor flaws for 1/2 their regular price, sometimes even less than half, very very nice boxes.
[Reply]
bdgile 08:57 AM 03-01-2013
I would like to second the local shop. You may pay a bit more, but I'm willing to bet you will be much happier with the product and you will help to ensure you have a shop near you for a bit longer.
[Reply]
shilala 09:06 AM 03-01-2013
I'd try Craigslist, cbid, Amazon, anything but ebay.
Amazon would be best, they pay for returns and are zero bullshit. :-)
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:31 AM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by shilala:
I'd try Craigslist, cbid, Amazon, anything but ebay.
Amazon would be best, they pay for returns and are zero bullshit. :-)
:-)
[Reply]
Mr B 09:47 AM 03-01-2013
I got my 1st 100ct Humi from here. I still use it and it is great. However I now mostly use Lock-N-Lock Tupperdors w/ a piece of Spanish Cedar lining the bottom.
I got it on EBay but the seller was these guys. I got the Milano.
http://www.tampahumidor.com/search-r...=milano&CgrID=
[Reply]
Up