Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Got my new Savoy humi
dmelo818 10:06 PM 01-31-2013
Hello everyone :-)

I am new here to this site, have been wanting to register and say Hi :-)

1 have been on these forums gathering and researching as much as I can. This site along with another has helped me keep my little cigars nice]y in great condition.

My fiancé bought me a medium Savoy teak wood humi last spring for my cigars. I did not have many cigars at the time and I was still developing my taste for them. It was my first humi and it was more than adequate for the amount I had at the time. Since then, I have out grown it. Today I went to my local cigar shop, El Fumidor in Sewickley PA. When I got home i realized I have to get a new humi, I can't fit anymore. I was able to fit around 60 in there max. I went back shortly after and asked my buddy Eddy who owns the place to sell me a new unit for a good price. He sold me a large 150 count Savoy zebra wood humi in a lighter shaded color. The awesome thing is, he sold it to me knocking 1/3 off the total price. I ended up paying about $70 less than the average going rate online.

I am waiting for my boveda seasoning packs that come in tomorrow. I have to wait the 14 days for the packs to season the inside correctly, according to the instructions. It has a perfect seal so i cant wait for it to settle in.

Here is a pic of the new humi, what do u fellas think

thank for reading and i am happy to be a new member here.
[Reply]
TJarv 10:09 PM 01-31-2013
Very nice looking humi, but I'll give it 3 months before you buy something bigger
[Reply]
dmelo818 10:11 PM 01-31-2013
Originally Posted by TJarv:
Very nice looking humi, but I'll give it 3 months before you buy something bigger
Hhaaha :-)

Little by little I am enjoying this new passion more everyday
[Reply]
big_jaygee 03:59 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by TJarv:
thats the truth :-)

Originally Posted by dmelo818:
Hhaaha :-)
you laugh now but wait and see :-) :-)
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 05:00 AM 02-01-2013
Nice humidor. Im up to 3 desktops now and I've started having to use tupperware containers for the overflow. Just go ahead and buy a cooler. Thats what im doing soon
[Reply]
Bondo 287 05:44 AM 02-01-2013
Hi Dmelo. Nice Humidor and welcome to the Asylum.
Nice your fiance bought you the first humidor she sounds like a keeper LOL
[Reply]
Subvet642 06:11 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by Fordman4ever:
Nice humidor. I'm up to 3 desktops now and I've started having to use tupperware containers for the overflow. Just go ahead and buy a cooler. That's what I'm doing soon
:-) I'm hitting Walmart tomorrow for a cooler, myself.

Oh, almost forgot; welcome aboard, and that's a nice box! :-)
[Reply]
hammondc 06:15 AM 02-01-2013
Savoy was my first humidor too. I would argue they are some of the nicest in their class. Like the others here said though, go ahead and start a side pot for a larger one. It will happen.
[Reply]
qwerty1500 06:26 AM 02-01-2013
Pretty. I've been using my Savoy without ANY problems for more than 7 years. It's been the happy home for some darn tasty smokes through the years.
[Reply]
czerbe 07:23 AM 02-01-2013
Welcome aboard... From Reading Pa
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 07:27 AM 02-01-2013
Beautiful Humi, really nice, you might wanna go ahead and start checking out the winador threads :-)
[Reply]
STEVE S 07:35 AM 02-01-2013
Very nice Humiador, and welcome to the Asylum.
[Reply]
kelmac07 08:08 AM 02-01-2013
Buy a bigger one now...save yourself the trouble.
[Reply]
dmelo818 08:29 AM 02-01-2013
You guys rock here :-)

i have been on lots of car and hobby forums, never been on a forum and have so many quick replies to make a person feel welcomed...very cool

I was going to sell the smaller one on Ebay....From the sound of it, I should just keep it for when the bigger one gets full.

Do u guys know any decently priced little fridges for when the summer comes, i dont have to worry about high temps..

sorry but my keyboard is not working on this comp so i have lots of grammar mistakes lol:-)
[Reply]
macsauce13 08:52 AM 02-01-2013
Thats a great looking humidor. Would you mind giving a general price estimate for something like that? I'm sure I can look online, but hey, you've already got the info! :-)
[Reply]
dmelo818 09:31 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by macsauce13:
Thats a great looking humidor. Would you mind giving a general price estimate for something like that? I'm sure I can look online, but hey, you've already got the info! :-)
No problem buddy..

After taxes I walked out paying $114 for it :-)

Online for this one they range from $140 -$200. GL hope u find one for a good price.

I am a bit myself skeptical to order online because u don't have the option to check the box and especially the seal on it.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 09:32 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by dmelo818:
You guys rock here :-)

i have been on lots of car and hobby forums, never been on a forum and have so many quick replies to make a person feel welcomed...very cool

I was going to sell the smaller one on Ebay....From the sound of it, I should just keep it for when the bigger one gets full.

Do u guys know any decently priced little fridges for when the summer comes, i dont have to worry about high temps..

sorry but my keyboard is not working on this comp so i have lots of grammar mistakes lol:-)
Welcome to the nut hut, if you haven't already there's a forum for noobs to post a hello / my name is thread.

As far as winadors here is a good thread with some step to step stuff and there are threads talking about different models.

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=50189
[Reply]
dmelo818 08:37 AM 02-02-2013
thanks for the info buddy. checking it out right now ;p
[Reply]
Up