Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Infused Humi Mod!
mjdx88 05:47 PM 01-22-2013
My infused cigar humi needed some modding. I had this hygrometer from my humi, which was replaced by a hygroset. I threw the analog hygrometer in my calibration kit once I was done with the hygroset and came to find it was only -1 off! I figured this would make a great addition to the jar! lol

Steps:

1: Grab old crappy hygrometer
2: Clean all surfaces
3: Use a thin bead of clear silicone caulk around the edges of the hygrometer
4: Stick it to the center of the lid and let it cure for 24 hours
5: (Optional) If you dont like placement or stops working, peel off, wipe clean, repeat step 1.

[Reply]
dwoodward 05:54 PM 01-22-2013
Love the idea. Awesome that your analog was only 1% off. My analogs in my first two humidors were both like 10% off, you got a good one lol.

Looks kinda funky tho with the silicone there in my opinion. Would it look better with just a glob in the middle or maybe just place the analog flat and do a bead around the edge? Just some ideas.
[Reply]
Sadden 05:55 PM 01-22-2013
Nice little addition.
[Reply]
big_jaygee 06:46 PM 01-22-2013
looks cool.... the spots that dont have silicon on them arent really needed...if it gets that high or low something is seriously wrong
[Reply]
equetefue 07:04 PM 01-22-2013
Cool idea
[Reply]
mjdx88 12:40 PM 01-23-2013
Thanks guys, I think I may re-do it tonight. Now seeing how it came out I will do a full bead around the way around the hygrometer.
[Reply]
OLS 02:39 PM 01-25-2013
Originally Posted by big_jaygee:
looks cool.... the spots that dont have silicon on them arent really needed...if it gets that high or low something is seriously wrong
That sure is true...I like it.
[Reply]
bdgile 06:21 AM 02-28-2013
I like it. It looks really nice. I'm surprised that your analog was only 1 percent off!
[Reply]
Up