Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Humidity Beads (Heartfelt)
mjdx88 10:20 AM 01-07-2013
I'm looking to take the plunge and get some beads. I am calibrating my hygroset and ready to start filling my 150ct humi. My question is do I make a custom stick with the humi beads or just use the large round puck?

My humi is 650 cubic in. this which is too small for the small round puck, but seems like overkill for the large puck which is for 1080 cubic in. I know that you can go larger with the beads, but is this too much?

BTW I will be using 65% beads, and I like the puck because it will not take up space laying in the humi.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 10:23 AM 01-07-2013
I don't think you can do "too much." The bigger puck should just help regulate your humidity levels more quickly and consistently as you open the humidor.
[Reply]
Lockspur 01:04 PM 01-07-2013
Buy more than you need. It will help the humi recover after openings/adding new sticks.
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:10 PM 01-07-2013
Most people recommend double what your humi is rated for. I'd go with the large puck or a small tube. Most of the small tubes are actually really small and kinda resemble a cigar in size so it might fit better in your humidor.
[Reply]
mjdx88 01:23 PM 01-07-2013
Thanks for the info guys. I'll go for the large puck
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 10:50 PM 02-08-2013
Stick is better for the humi as was said, it's cigar shaped, the puck is um puck shaped so it takes up a lot of cubic space, which of course means less cigar storage.
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:17 PM 02-08-2013
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
Stick is better for the humi as was said, it's cigar shaped, the puck is um puck shaped so it takes up a lot of cubic space, which of course means less cigar storage.
This is not necessarily true.

It's all about airflow. A puck mounted on the lid but exposed to the air inside of the humidor will work better than a stick buried among your cigars.

If you use a stick you should make sure that as much of it as possible is exposed to the air inside your humidor.
[Reply]
jjefrey 11:40 PM 02-08-2013
Go with the larger puck
[Reply]
joeobx 06:32 AM 02-09-2013
Go ahead and pick up a couple of pounds, you'll need them when you start looking for coolers in a couple of months. :-)
[Reply]
mjdx88 07:28 AM 02-09-2013
I went with the large puck mounted to the lid.
[Reply]
Up