Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>First New Humi Update
FrequenC 01:47 PM 10-27-2008
So my first humidor finally arrived and needless to say I'm pretty excited! I took a few pics of it to show you guys before I start the seasoning process!

Now all I need to do is season her and work on filling her up! :-)

And yes, those are tomatoes from the garden that are ripening and empty wine bottles waiting to be filled with the family vino :-)
Attached: Humi1.jpg (92.8 KB) Humi2.jpg (89.2 KB) Humi4.jpg (84.2 KB) Humi3.jpg (88.9 KB) 
[Reply]
Don Fernando 02:17 PM 10-27-2008
nice looking humi, but it will be to small too soon :-)
[Reply]
md4958 02:22 PM 10-27-2008
shes a beauty... have fun filling her up
[Reply]
dunng 02:25 PM 10-27-2008
Very nice, did you buy two or more? :-)
[Reply]
AriesOpusX 02:49 PM 10-27-2008
Nice humi have fun filling it.
[Reply]
Rabidsquirrel 02:59 PM 10-27-2008
Very nice. As others have said, it'll be too small soon.
[Reply]
FrequenC 03:05 PM 10-27-2008
haha yea, I'm sure it will be too small, but my uncle who is a carpenter is making me a much larger one as a Christmas gift, so it will do for now :-)
[Reply]
zmancbr 03:10 PM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by FrequenC:
haha yea, I'm sure it will be too small, but my uncle who is a carpenter is making me a much larger one as a Christmas gift, so it will do for now :-)
Sweet... that will be a damn nice one to see. Have fun filling this one and do keep us updated with pics... :-)
[Reply]
G G 03:13 PM 10-27-2008
Wish I had an uncle who is a carpenter, nice humi BTW.:-)
[Reply]
ucla695 07:33 PM 10-27-2008
Congratulations!! You're about to find out how slippery the slope is. :-)
[Reply]
AdamC 07:37 PM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by ucla695:
Congratulations!! You're about to find out how slippery the slope is. :-)
ucla695 is right, I started 3 or so month ago with this one

and thanks to my fellow BOTL bombing me at Vin's HERF, and the generosity and undying patience and understanding of my girlfriend, I was forced to upgrade to my new air-ador (stolen from chippewastud79, liked the sound of it).

Soon you'll be there, soon you'll be there.
[Reply]
FrequenC 07:40 PM 10-27-2008
Originally Posted by AdamC:

and thanks to my fellow BOTL bombing me at Vin's HERF, and the generosity and undying patience and understanding of my girlfriend, I was forced to upgrade to my new air-ador (stolen from chippewastud79, liked the sound of it).

Soon you'll be there, soon you'll be there.

Haha nice job! I look forward to tumbling head first down the slope! :-)
[Reply]
FrequenC 08:04 AM 10-29-2008
Just a bit of an update as well as needing some confirmation. The RH in the humi has been steady at about 68% for the past 36hrs, is it safe to say that it is properly seasoned and willing to accept my small yet delicious collection of smokes?
[Reply]
e22byrnes 08:09 AM 10-29-2008
Just a bit of an update as well as needing some confirmation. The RH in the humi has been steady at about 68% for the past 36hrs, is it safe to say that it is properly seasoned and willing to accept my small yet delicious collection of smokes?
I would say you are probably good to go, enjoy! And for that carpenter uncle of yours, I'd say tell him to skip making the humidor and go right to the cabinet. Good luck!
[Reply]
FrequenC 08:16 AM 10-29-2008
Originally Posted by e22byrnes:
I would say you are probably good to go, enjoy! And for that carpenter uncle of yours, I'd say tell him to skip making the humidor and go right to the cabinet. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply!

As for my uncle, when I asked him to make me a humidor he had said No, which shocked me but being the ball buster that he is, he said he'd build me something better but refused to tell me! I'm assuming he's going to be making me a cabinet of some sort but won't know till Christmas :-):-)
[Reply]
rsamos 09:50 AM 10-29-2008
And yes, those are tomatoes from the garden that are ripening and empty wine bottles waiting to be filled with the family vino :-)
Your family makes tomato wine?

:-)
[Reply]
Jokermann 10:04 AM 10-29-2008
Here is the humi me and my friend (a cabinet builder) are working on right now. It is 40" x 40 " x 30" and will be RH and Temp controlled. In all I hope to get 100 boxes and 600 singles inside this thing. We are building the doors and the other drawers this Friday. Inside, the back still needs to be lined with 1/2" spanish cedar, and the two drawers are the start of the singles drawers.

** Wont let me upload pics for some reason, had to link from another site**

[Reply]
FrequenC 10:42 AM 10-29-2008
Originally Posted by rsamos:
Your family makes tomato wine?

:-)
:-):-):-) hahaha! Doesn't everybody?!?!?! :-)

Had to pick those tomatoes due to the weather getting too cold, they'll finish ripening in the house and will most likely end up as tomato salad :-)

Those bottles were emptied last weekend by myself and a buddy, now they're in line to be refilled :-)
[Reply]
Jokermann 10:54 AM 10-29-2008
Anyone help with editing a post? I cant edit the above post to fix the picture links.

Can anyone see the above pictures??
[Reply]
Vitis 11:14 AM 10-29-2008
Originally Posted by AdamC:
Damn, thats some fast work brother

~Vitis
[Reply]
Up