Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Vinotemp, Edgestar or Avanti... 28 bottler..
boom 07:26 PM 05-08-2009
Well I am ready to make the plunge. Was wondering which is better for the price? Features? Any thoughts.... Please help me decide which way to go with the Hummi. Thanks in advance!
[Reply]
Mirrorlure7m 07:31 PM 05-08-2009
Well I have the Vinotemp VT28 model and love it. I am going to need another one since mine is completely full. So I would like to see what others comments are here on this post.
[Reply]
PV1191 07:40 PM 05-08-2009
I have one VT 28 with 6 drawers top to bottom. It's been running for about a year now with no issues. I have a second being held for me by another BOTL. I just have to find time to make the drive and pick it up. I think VT stopped making the older model that Target used to carry. The new one looks pretty much the same but the list price is nearly double.
[Reply]
ucla695 09:54 AM 05-09-2009
If I were to buy one, I'd go with a thermoelectric Vino. They get rave reviews and are built to last. :-)
[Reply]
Prospector 10:43 AM 05-09-2009
Originally Posted by ucla695:
If I were to buy one, I'd go with a thermoelectric Vino. They get rave reviews and are built to last. :-)
:-) The thermoelectric Vino is hard to beat.

This brings up another good point. Make sure whatever you get is thermoelectric rather than compressor driven. In the compressor driven units the cooling element gets much colder than in the thermoelectric units resulting in way more moisture being condensed out of the air, making it much harder to regulate RH.

Not too long ago Vino had a great deal on the 28 bottle unit - $199 with free shipping. Some others here have since tried contacting them to see if they ever plan to repeat this offer. You might check that out further.
[Reply]
RJK18 07:35 PM 05-09-2009
I sent Alvin a PM this evening, to ask about another offer. Will post if I get an answer.
[Reply]
RJK18 04:55 PM 05-11-2009
Responce I recieved from VT:

"Hi Rob, Thanks so much for your interest in the Vinotemp coolers. I have let our marketing department know about the overwhelming positive response we received from Cigar Asylum members from our offer on the 28TEDS. I know that they are planning on running offers with this forum again, but since that particular 28TEDS offer was such a price cut for us I would doubt that that particular offer will be run too often. It may well be run again, but the marketing department hasn't let us know when. If you want to not miss the other offers Vinotemp runs, you can sign up for our email newsletter/offers on www.vinotemp.com. We frequently run Free Shipping or discounts on the wine coolers. However, again, I can't say when or what offers are coming up next for Cigar Asylum. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thank you again,

Alvin "
[Reply]
G G 08:08 PM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by Prospector:
:-) The thermoelectric Vino is hard to beat.

This brings up another good point. Make sure whatever you get is thermoelectric rather than compressor driven. In the compressor driven units the cooling element gets much colder than in the thermoelectric units resulting in way more moisture being condensed out of the air, making it much harder to regulate RH.

Not too long ago Vino had a great deal on the 28 bottle unit - $199 with free shipping. Some others here have since tried contacting them to see if they ever plan to repeat this offer. You might check that out further.
Not necesarily disagreeing with you, cause I have a vino myself. But Scott Shilala has a frigidaire wine cooler with a compressor and has never had any problems with it either. Actually if I aint terribly mistaken he has two of them.:-)
[Reply]
Catfish 08:17 PM 05-11-2009
This looks good
[Reply]
G G 08:48 PM 05-11-2009
Originally Posted by Catfish:
This looks good
If I aint mistaken that is the very one that Scott Shilala has.:-)
[Reply]
kydsid 08:08 PM 05-12-2009
Just picked up the edgestar from a company on amazon. Didn't see they were in TX so I paid sales tax but even then it was the same price as that one at lowes and that includes the shipping for mine. Setting it up now and looks like a great thing. God knows with the house getting to 85 or more in the day I needed it badly.

If all else fails it looks like both the retailer and Edgestar have offices in Austin and I can drive up and pull a Discount Tire.
[Reply]
boom 09:38 PM 05-13-2009
Thanks for all the input so far, Just looking around for a Thermoelectric one other than a Vino, Trying to spend it to fill it not buy it :-)
[Reply]
gettysburgfreak 09:52 PM 05-13-2009
I was in the right place at the right time and picked up the Vino VT28 that others have. I absolutely love it. I have 5 cedar shelves in it and I like being able to look at my cigars through the door without having to open it up. We have a room in our basement that keeps a constant 60* so I have yet to turn it on for more than a few minutes. By far the best 55 dollars I have ever spent.
[Reply]
ucla695 07:14 PM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by RJK18:
Responce I recieved from VT:

"Hi Rob, Thanks so much for your interest in the Vinotemp coolers. I have let our marketing department know about the overwhelming positive response we received from Cigar Asylum members from our offer on the 28TEDS. I know that they are planning on running offers with this forum again, but since that particular 28TEDS offer was such a price cut for us I would doubt that that particular offer will be run too often. It may well be run again, but the marketing department hasn't let us know when. If you want to not miss the other offers Vinotemp runs, you can sign up for our email newsletter/offers on www.vinotemp.com. We frequently run Free Shipping or discounts on the wine coolers. However, again, I can't say when or what offers are coming up next for Cigar Asylum. Sorry I can't be of more help.

Thank you again,

Alvin "
If he ever runs a special again, I'm jumping all over it!
[Reply]
boom 08:08 PM 05-15-2009
I have a friend who has a Haier and wants me to have it. I'll be checking this out on Sunday. Lets hope for a thermoelectric one.....He described about a 28 to 35 bottler...
[Reply]
boom 12:12 PM 05-17-2009
Well it is not a thermo electric cooler.... Can it still be used??????
[Reply]
Up