Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Blank Cigar Bands
sjnovakovich 12:54 PM 05-06-2009
I ordered a bunch of these from a reputable dealer but, in my opinion, they suck. They are "self-adhesive". If you peel of the entire back, there goes your wrapper. If you only peel off the little part of the tab that's used to get the peel started, the backing gets wrinkled when it curves around the cigar and the wrinkles tend to ruin the wrapper.

Anyone have a source of GOOD blank cigar bands. I'm looking for something with no adhesive, or adhesive only on a little bit of the tail.

Thanks,
Steve
[Reply]
zmancbr 12:58 PM 05-06-2009
I like the ones from Heartfelt Industries. They are the best ones for what I use them for. They are self-adhesive, but its only a weaker glue not a sticker. So it works well. :-)
[Reply]
Mugen910 12:59 PM 05-06-2009
http://heartfeltindustries.com/produ...nk+Cigar+Bands

I understand what you mean about the peeling of the entire back bro..IMHO those work best if you only peel of a small portion of the label ends so you can stick it to the other side during wrap around.
[Reply]
woops 01:01 PM 05-06-2009
For anyone interested .....

I've put together my own system for blank cigar bands. I've made a PDF document that I can print and cut for blank bands (28 on a page). I then use the Avery 5167 Return Labels (1/2" x 1 3/4") to print all of the cigar info on.

After I've cut the blank bands I wrap them around the cigar and use the Avery label to secure it. It works great, and I ALWAYS have them on hand.

Let me know if you would like a copy of my blank cigar band document and the template I use for the labels.

Yes. I'm kinda detailed. :-)
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 11:12 AM 05-07-2009
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich:
I ordered a bunch of these from a reputable dealer but, in my opinion, they suck. They are "self-adhesive". If you peel of the entire back, there goes your wrapper. If you only peel off the little part of the tab that's used to get the peel started, the backing gets wrinkled when it curves around the cigar and the wrinkles tend to ruin the wrapper.

Anyone have a source of GOOD blank cigar bands. I'm looking for something with no adhesive, or adhesive only on a little bit of the tail.

Thanks,
Steve

The dealer I bought these from is helping me out with this, so I want to be clear that while I'm not happy with the product, the vendor is good and he's working with me.
[Reply]
Volt 11:20 AM 05-07-2009
Ok I use the cigar labels (the buckle to be exact) from here: Cigar Labels. The label glue is small and does not seem to hurt a properly RH kept wrapper if it gets on it. With my order I also got access to 30 days of their online label maker. I created a bunch and saved them to my PC as pdfs. I now have them for future use. I like them alot, the glue both holds better than some of the thin white labels on the internet (I always had to use scotch tape to ensure they stayed on) but also don't seem to do any damage in a misplaced label.
[Reply]
sjnovakovich 12:58 PM 05-13-2009
The gentleman who owns the company that I bought the bands from PMd me. He offered me a few suggestions, and now I am very happy with them. Great customer service. I defy any other industry to offer the level of cs that can be found among BOTLs.
[Reply]
N2Advnture 04:32 AM 05-14-2009
Originally Posted by sjnovakovich:
The gentleman who owns the company that I bought the bands from PMd me. He offered me a few suggestions, and now I am very happy with them. Great customer service. I defy any other industry to offer the level of cs that can be found among BOTLs.
Glad you dig them bro! :-)
[Reply]
Up