Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 6 of 96
« First < 456 781656 > Last »
Entertainment>Games thread!
Volt 07:49 AM 11-05-2008
On FO 3 - On the 360 - I've read if it crashes - that clearing your cache may help. I have started having huge issues with the game locking up and crashing. I've tried most of the internet fixes I have read about. I finally got it to run in windowed mode with no crashing. This also helped kill the gamma though (very dark). Since then I have tweaked it to run in full mode and no crashes. Only issue I have left is some of the audio doesn't play???? What I have done:

1. Updated video and catalyst drivers
2. Updated audio/video codecs
3. Blew out the insides with air - it was very dirty. (this had a huge effect on the game - overheating the video board????
4. Played with the sync, anit-ailiasing, etc.

My thoughts.... It acts like either a huge memory and/or cpu leak eating up resources. Video or main RAM???? The clean cooling fins and better airflow may be helping, I need to install a thermometer to check the heat.

I just got a travel check from the company so I think a cheap add on sound card to free up the cpu a bit and swapping my ATI X1300 for a GeForce 8600GT 512MB (fastest card I can put in with out a PSU swap). It can't hurt and just might help. Never really owned a Nvidia GPU, but no external power required and it is DirectX10.

Very disappointed in Bethesda, definitly not their norm to put out this buggy a game. On the other hand - I am enjoying it quite a bit and damn ammo is tough to get. I'm having to boost the shooting perks over some other stuff I normally take.
[Reply]
Cigargal 09:29 AM 11-05-2008
As to ammo-I started the game spending every cap on ammo and stimpaks. After awhile your enemies are tougher and carry more weapons and ammo. Most locked ammo cans have a decent cache of ammo. I focused on small guns and try to use my hunting rifle most of the time-super mutants usually have them(good for repair) and spare ammo to boot.

Since I have only a dozen games saved on my console, my 360 is performing well so far. I don't have Live(I don't know if that uses any of the memory or not.) For some reason, around the outside of the Jefferson Memorial it was a bit laggy, but that is the only place I have had a problem.
[Reply]
Darrell 09:35 AM 11-05-2008
I kind of screwed myself. I talked to Moriarity and he told me that he would sell me information on my Dad for 100 caps. I went and got 100 caps from killing various bad guys, etc. Well when I went back to him, I had 150+ caps and he raised the price to 300.

That was a load of crap, so I busted out the flame thrower and killed everyone in there. :-)

Now, I can't get out of town. :-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 11:26 AM 11-05-2008
For anybody with a 360 that wants to try the CoD WaW beta, it's now available to all on the xbox live marketplace.
[Reply]
Seanohue 11:52 AM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I just pre-ordered GOW 2 and chose "release date delivery" for shipping option, it will be here on Friday and s/h was only $6. Amazon kicks ass!
We're assembling 3 TVs and 3 Xboxs in the dorms here to play the 5 player co-op :-)
[Reply]
Volt 01:34 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by Darrell:
I kind of screwed myself. I talked to Moriarity and he told me that he would sell me information on my Dad for 100 caps. I went and got 100 caps from killing various bad guys, etc. Well when I went back to him, I had 150+ caps and he raised the price to 300.

That was a load of crap, so I busted out the flame thrower and killed everyone in there. :-)

Now, I can't get out of town. :-) :-) :-)
Well if Magaton doesn't start getting to be a bit more helpful... I'm gonna blow the nuke in the middle. I signed up for that optional mission from the Mafia looking dude. I guess though goodbye karma. That Irish bar owner really needs me to bust a cap in his face.
[Reply]
Cigargal 03:10 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by Volt:
Well if Magaton doesn't start getting to be a bit more helpful... I'm gonna blow the nuke in the middle. I signed up for that optional mission from the Mafia looking dude. I guess though goodbye karma. That Irish bar owner really needs me to bust a cap in his face.
I disarmed the bomb and got the house....I really needed to drop off some weapons. I go back to unload and sleep-sell stuff. I completed the Wasteland Survival Guide Quest, so I really don't need to go there often. Of course, now I have a contract out against me and the Talon gang is always trying to kill me-which is okay because I like their armor.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 03:43 PM 11-05-2008
Blow the town up and get the penthouse. Karma be damned, it beats the heck out of that shack in megaton!
[Reply]
:eevis 04:05 PM 11-05-2008
I just finished the first of the Wasteland Survival quests. Walked arouned that :-) Super Mart for an hour before i found the Food stash. FOund the medicine right of the bat.:-) I hate this game:-)

But I need me a Pip-Boy
[Reply]
Cigargal 06:12 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by :eevis:
I just finished the first of the Wasteland Survival quests. Walked arouned that :-) Super Mart for an hour before i found the Food stash. FOund the medicine right of the bat.:-) I hate this game:-)

But I need me a Pip-Boy
I was just the opposite...I found the food first and made a second trip back to get the drugs...needed more ammo :-) Had to kill everything that moved.
[Reply]
Darrell 06:17 PM 11-05-2008
I just found the radio station and then I died. :-)
[Reply]
Volt 06:18 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by Cigargal:
I disarmed the bomb and got the house....I really needed to drop off some weapons. I go back to unload and sleep-sell stuff. I completed the Wasteland Survival Guide Quest, so I really don't need to go there often. Of course, now I have a contract out against me and the Talon gang is always trying to kill me-which is okay because I like their armor.
Hmm, I sort gave up on the guide - can't seem to locate the pool for teh mirliock observer with killing them.... Maybe I need to head back there.
[Reply]
Volt 06:19 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Blow the town up and get the penthouse. Karma be damned, it beats the heck out of that shack in megaton!

There is a Penthouse - where - I'm down with that!
[Reply]
Darrell 06:20 PM 11-05-2008
There is a Penthouse - where - I'm down with that!
Tenpenney Tower I think it's called? You meet that shady dude in the suit there if you blow up Megaton.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:54 PM 11-05-2008
Yep, tenpenny tower has the penthouse. Make sure you do all the megaton quests first though before you nuke it!
[Reply]
Cigargal 09:26 PM 11-05-2008
Hmm, I sort gave up on the guide - can't seem to locate the pool for teh mirliock observer with killing them.... Maybe I need to head back there.
The pool was underground...somewhere near the Alaska memorial. I used two stealth boys to get in and out without killing any of the miralurks....I hate those things!
[Reply]
Cigargal 09:28 PM 11-05-2008
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty:
Yep, tenpenny tower has the penthouse. Make sure you do all the megaton quests first though before you nuke it!
I get the feeling you guys don't care about losing karma.
[Reply]
Darrell 09:30 PM 11-05-2008
I do, it's a PITA when you don't have any karma. :-)
[Reply]
Volt 03:22 AM 11-06-2008
The pool was underground...somewhere near the Alaska memorial. I used two stealth boys to get in and out without killing any of the miralurks....I hate those things!
Yea, it's under the Alaaka memorial from what I can tell. I forgot about teh 2 Stealth Boys in the inventory... I'm heading back tonight :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 08:25 AM 11-06-2008
Actually, I like to play a balanced character. I really like that Robot, but it will only join your your party if your character has neutral karma. The one liners he spouts alone are worth a few bad deeds :-)
[Reply]
Page 6 of 96
« First < 456 781656 > Last »
Up