Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
All Cigar Discussion>Perdomo Hype
TJtorpedo 05:51 PM 03-21-2012
Don't know about hype, but the Champagne Noir has been getting some good reviews lately. That's about the only Perdomo I have on my try list right now...
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 06:17 PM 03-21-2012
I haven't found a true perdomo i haven't loved. but i don't think that NICK is a true perdomo, which i haven't found a nick i like.
[Reply]
sikk50 02:25 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks:
I haven't found a true perdomo i haven't loved. but i don't think that NICK is a true perdomo, which i haven't found a nick i like.
50% agree! Lol for what it is, I enjoy the nick too
[Reply]
Fordman4ever 02:55 AM 03-22-2012
I pretty much love the perdomo line, and so does my dad. its all he buys.
[Reply]
thecatch83 03:07 AM 03-22-2012
One dimensional and insipid.......pass
[Reply]
irratebass 04:15 AM 03-22-2012
Thanks for all the reply guys, I asked the rep the same question and he just gave me this puzzled look and said that people just tend to like Perdomo's, he said the have a lot of accounts with different retailers and they just got the Cigar Aficionado account which was a big expensive account. He really didn't have any insight as to why the major flux of hype really. He did mention that Perdomo will have a new cigar coming out for the show this year.

Now onto the ****:

It was buy 4 get 1 free, my brother gave me a $40 gift certificate to this B&M for my bday and here is what I snagged

Exihibicio Maduro Churchill

Kristoff Ligero Maduro (I had $10 left over on the GC so I grabbed this one for $10.95, they just let me have ot for $10)

2 LE 2008 Toro

Reserve Champagne Noir Maduro Toro

Reserve 10th Anniversary Maduro Robusto

Cuban Bullet Version 2.0 Robusto

Grand Cru Robusto (which I smoked and would like a box of these)

And I won this picture from the raffle
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 04:28 AM 03-22-2012
nice pic and snag man
[Reply]
dwoodward 04:40 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:

Grand Cru Robusto (which I smoked and would like a box of these)
:-)

The Grand Cru is a favorite of mine. :-)
[Reply]
irratebass 07:17 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
:-)

The Grand Cru is a favorite of mine. :-)
Yeah, it was damn good!
[Reply]
dwoodward 07:24 AM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Yeah, it was damn good!
My B&M stocks the entire line of Perdomo cigars and even has some boxes / bundles of retired lines. The shop keeper is a Perdomo nut, smokes a lot of them. He got me turned on to them when I started smokin cigars.
[Reply]
hammondc 07:30 AM 03-22-2012
I smoked them a lot when I first started. Not really a fan anymore. Not sure why though. I keep some Lot 23 on hand for hand out smokes.
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 07:32 AM 03-22-2012
Perdomo hype? This is a first
[Reply]
shopkins82 10:25 AM 03-22-2012
I've smoked a handful of Perdomos, included a few "made by" like Tiera del Sol. I tend to be drawn to their internet-only offerings and the Slow Aged 826 is one of my favorite budget sticks. The only Perdomo I've come away from unhappy is the Fresco Maduro... a lot of spice, and hot/harsh by 1/2 way through... I seem to have this problem with a lot of cheap Maduros... it seems cheap Connecticuts more often come across as uninteresting, but cheap Maduros often move into offensive/unenjoyable.
[Reply]
dwoodward 11:58 AM 03-22-2012
[quote=shopkins82;1596902]The only Perdomo I've come away from unhappy is the Fresco Maduro... a lot of spice, and hot/harsh by 1/2 way through... QUOTE]

That's too bad bro, the Fresco Maduro is a great cheap stick. It lacks on strength, but is really smooth and woody tasting.
[Reply]
the jiggler 01:31 PM 03-22-2012
Burned my first lot 23 maduro last night. 1st third was unimpressive but it settled down a bit and by then end I was willing to give it another shot. I'll buy a fiver and put them to sleep for a little while.
[Reply]
the jiggler 01:38 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by cjhalbrooks:
Just out of curiosity, what makes a Nick's stick not a true Perdomo? It's on their website, one of the first cigars they sold out of their shop in Miami and some where I read that it featured the orginal name of the company. Is it just the price or are these made in Taiwan?
[Reply]
OLS 01:45 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by maninblack:
I haven't had any luck with Perdomo's cigars. Every one I have tried has made me pitch it halfway thru. But that's just my experience with them.
Plus mine, too. TO ME, just plain crap. When he first came on the scene, they were OK,
say 1994-5 (?) or so. Since then, downhill OR horribly inconsistent. More for you guys, tho.
[Reply]
kelmac07 01:51 PM 03-22-2012
I enjoy the Lot #23 Maduro from time to tim..but not much else from the Perdomo line.
[Reply]
cjhalbrooks 02:03 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by the jiggler:
Just out of curiosity, what makes a Nick's stick not a true Perdomo? It's on their website, one of the first cigars they sold out of their shop in Miami and some where I read that it featured the orginal name of the company. Is it just the price or are these made in Taiwan?
Nothing like that i just do not enjoy them. I have tried i think all of them. But i just cannot find one i really enjoy.
[Reply]
shopkins82 02:41 PM 03-22-2012
Originally Posted by dwoodward:
That's too bad bro, the Fresco Maduro is a great cheap stick. It lacks on strength, but is really smooth and woody tasting.
I found the Fresco Connecticut to be a passible smoke, just a bit uninteresting. The Fresco Maduro, for me however, came across as anything but smooth and dove into harsh fairly quickly. By contrast, the Slow Aged 826 Maduro was quite smooth and more complex. I have trouble smoking anything past the 1/4 mark but can go to the nub on the Slow Aged 826, even on a Churchill. Same for the Tiera del Sol Maduro, though not quite as smooth or complex as the Slow Aged 826. Maybe it's just my preference for Full-Flavor but Mild-Body? Like everything, YMMV.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up