Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
All Cigar Discussion>Perdomo Hype
irratebass 09:54 AM 03-21-2012
I am seeing them pop up on a lot of sites lately (monster, retailers, even catalogs that are coming to the house) and through twitter as well. I don't remember reading about a new line coming out or anything through HalfWheel so what is with all the hype about them?

I have had a couple of the Habano Maduros and I really enjoyed them, but haven't had anything else. I am going to a Perdomo event tonight, so will be picking up some stuff, but just curious about all the latest hype surrounding this sticks.

Some of you brothers with more knowledge fill me in here.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:58 AM 03-21-2012
I have not seen much hype, however they seem to be a very consistent and quality manufacturer. I have enjoyed most Perdomo sticks I have smoked but I have not really been wowed! I hope to spend some quality time with Nick at Cigarfest this year (Name drop, hahah) because a good BOTL here kinda knows him. We will see.

Enjoy the event Mickey, I am sure it will be a good time.
[Reply]
dwoodward 10:06 AM 03-21-2012
Try the 10th Anniversary Maduro. It's a goodie. I also like the Grand Cru.

Not sure what all the hype is about, I guess I didn't really notice.

In my opinion, Perdomo makes a solid cigar. Nothing that is exceptional, but I have yet to have a bad Perdomo, very good sticks.
[Reply]
maninblack 10:37 AM 03-21-2012
I haven't had any luck with Perdomo's cigars. Every one I have tried has made me pitch it halfway thru. But that's just my experience with them.
[Reply]
the jiggler 10:44 AM 03-21-2012
I like the Nick's Stick maduro for an every day cigar. I've got a Lot 23 waiting in the humi.
[Reply]
dave 11:48 AM 03-21-2012
Been something of a fan over the years. But, come to think of it, I don't buy much anymore. Only a couple cigars from them that stands out from the rest for me: Patriarch Corojo - especially in the lonsdale; and Perdomo Habano Corojo Robusto.

Sadly, my two favorite Perdomos are no more - but they're good enough that I still scoop them up and hoard them whenever I stumble on them: Reserve Tradicion Maduro (in the red cello); and ESV 91 Maduro; both were great a few years ago and with age are even better.
[Reply]
Digs 01:08 PM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
I am seeing them pop up on a lot of sites lately (monster, retailers, even catalogs that are coming to the house) and through twitter as well. I don't remember reading about a new line coming out or anything through HalfWheel so what is with all the hype about them?

I have had a couple of the Habano Maduros and I really enjoyed them, but haven't had anything else. I am going to a Perdomo event tonight, so will be picking up some stuff, but just curious about all the latest hype surrounding this sticks.

Some of you brothers with more knowledge fill me in here.

Mickey, Perdomo is overall a very good quality stick and for years was considered one of my favorite smokes. The lot 23 maduro was one of my favorite everyday smokes and the ESV 91 maduro was my weekend smoke the only complaints I have is they are packed full of tobacco and sometimes have a tough draw. For years they were considered almost like the Liga line is now.
[Reply]
LigaPrivadaT84 01:20 PM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by Digs:
Mickey, Perdomo is overall a very good quality stick and for years was considered one of my favorite smokes. The lot 23 maduro was one of my favorite everyday smokes and the ESV 91 maduro was my weekend smoke the only complaints I have is they are packed full of tobacco and sometimes have a tough draw. For years they were considered almost like the Liga line is now.
Remember the Lot23 Maduros being quite good too.
:-)
[Reply]
sikk50 01:21 PM 03-21-2012
I pretty much liked every perdomo I've had and I've had all of them (to my knowledge) in the last 5 years. They're good sticks at a working mans price point which is why you're going to see more and more vendors pushing them now
[Reply]
irratebass 01:25 PM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by Blak Smyth:
I have not seen much hype, however they seem to be a very consistent and quality manufacturer. I have enjoyed most Perdomo sticks I have smoked but I have not really been wowed! I hope to spend some quality time with Nick at Cigarfest this year (Name drop, hahah) because a good BOTL here kinda knows him. We will see.

Enjoy the event Mickey, I am sure it will be a good time.
That would be cool to meet him, he sounds like a real stand up guy and he earned my respect on this past KMA broadcast, you should have a blast!

Originally Posted by dwoodward:
Try the 10th Anniversary Maduro. It's a goodie. I also like the Grand Cru.

Not sure what all the hype is about, I guess I didn't really notice.

In my opinion, Perdomo makes a solid cigar. Nothing that is exceptional, but I have yet to have a bad Perdomo, very good sticks.
Originally Posted by dave:
Been something of a fan over the years. But, come to think of it, I don't buy much anymore. Only a couple cigars from them that stands out from the rest for me: Patriarch Corojo - especially in the lonsdale; and Perdomo Habano Corojo Robusto.

Sadly, my two favorite Perdomos are no more - but they're good enough that I still scoop them up and hoard them whenever I stumble on them: Reserve Tradicion Maduro (in the red cello); and ESV 91 Maduro; both were great a few years ago and with age are even better.
Originally Posted by Digs:
Thanks for the suggestions guys (I am actually making a list) Interesting that these were considered like the Liga now Digs.
[Reply]
emopunker2004 01:25 PM 03-21-2012
I enjoy the Perdomo2 Maduro
[Reply]
itsme_timd 01:35 PM 03-21-2012
I always forget about Perdomo when going for a cigar but anytime I grab one again I enjoy it. Had an Exhibicion Maduro recently and really enjoyed it. Haven't noticed them being hyped anymore lately than in the past but one of my locals is a huge Perdomo fan so I usually hear plenty about them as well.

Next to the Exhibicion I've enjoyed the Champagne and the P^2 as well.
[Reply]
dave 01:44 PM 03-21-2012
Do hope that Nick is at the event you're going to. I go out of my way to attend events when I know he'll be there. Hell of a nice guy.
[Reply]
dwoodward 01:46 PM 03-21-2012
Originally Posted by irratebass:
Thanks for the suggestions guys (I am actually making a list) Interesting that these were considered like the Liga now Digs.
Another one I liked but forgot to list was the CI Legends Red Label which is made by Perdomo. Another good one to check out. :-)
[Reply]
BigCat 01:49 PM 03-21-2012
Haven't seen them get much hype as a general line, but I enjoy the patriarch maduros. I really really liked the old la tradicion reserve maduros, but they discontinued them and came out with the 10th anniversaries, which I think are a poor substitute. I've got a few of the oldies that I save for quiet moments when I can really focus on the stick. They are chocolate bombs that pair beautifully with a nice porter.
[Reply]
Boz 01:51 PM 03-21-2012
The Lot 23 maddies are good smoke. Affordable too. The 10th anniversary maduro is also an excellent stick. I really havent had a bad Perdomo (but I havent come even come close to trying all of them).
[Reply]
ApexAZ 02:07 PM 03-21-2012
I've only had a few Perdomo and haven't really formed an opinion of them either way. Sounds like a good time though. Have fun!
[Reply]
Reaver2145 02:17 PM 03-21-2012
After having a few perdomos i can say any hype is good hype IMO unlike some of the OPUS X perdomo do good solid cigars not really outstanding but a reliable smoke for every day.

Champagne reserve /noir and Lot 23 are both great everyday smokes.
[Reply]
oooo35980 02:25 PM 03-21-2012
I have some Habano Maduros that I smoke on occasion, they aren't anything to write home about but they are hard to beat for the money.
[Reply]
Commander Quan 02:34 PM 03-21-2012
I like that when I reach for a Perdomo I know what I am getting, a well constructed, good smoking cigar. Sure there are better out there, but most Perdomo's are in the $5-$8 range and I've never been upset that I smoked one.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up