Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Viaje Skull and Bones
ApexAZ 08:53 PM 03-26-2012
Smoking my second ever fat man and boy do these pack a wallop. Fantastic. In my somewhat limited experience, this is the cigar that sets the standard for full bodied smokes for me. I wish that I could find them here. I get espresso, bakers chocolate and earth flavors that just pop. Towards the end I get a meaty flavor. Delicious!

How do the others compare?
[Reply]
big pete 09:24 PM 03-26-2012
No idea

I have a MOAB sitting in my humidor. My B&M has WMDs, MOABs, and FOAB in stock for about $10/pc. Let me know if you want me to pick you up some :-)
[Reply]
DaBear 11:11 PM 03-26-2012
I enjoy the yearly "?" releases with some time on em(6 months minimum, year is best), but thats like nearly every Viaje LE. Not bad fresh, but great with some time. Haven't gotten around to trying this years MOAB/FOAB, but I'll probably try one this weekend at work. I swear I remember last years MOABs being a red label though.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 11:23 PM 03-26-2012
Agreed on them needing some time. The Fat Man and Little Boy IMO smoked better than most fresh. Only ever tried one Daisy Cutter and they all seem to fall short of that one but all are, in their own right, solid cigars.

Bear, last years MOAB was a red label release and a mini torpedo shape. Have yet to try this last MOAB/ FOAB release as they are resting.

If you liked the S&B line, try the Shotshells. There are several retailers that have them for 6ish each and they are very good, tho not necessarily quick smokes despite the small size.
[Reply]
Brooks W 10:56 AM 03-27-2012
I like them, but they all do tend to taste quite a bit similar (other than the Daisy Cutter, of course, which is the best by FAR, IMHO)...They do get better with age (6 months or more) in my experience as well...

BTW, if anyone cares, we have put together a photo and list of every S&B release to date (release date, sizes, box numbers etc)...there are more than ever I thought lol!

http://www.halfwheel.com/viajeskullandbones

Hope that helps!
[Reply]
srduggins 12:14 PM 03-27-2012
Thanks for the S&B Release info. I no longer keep track of what they're releasing and have gotten a few in trades, etc. and was wondering what I have. This info is golden.

Might have to fire up a Daisy Cutter with all this talk of them.
[Reply]
ApexAZ 02:05 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by big pete:
No idea

I have a MOAB sitting in my humidor. My B&M has WMDs, MOABs, and FOAB in stock for about $10/pc. Let me know if you want me to pick you up some :-)
If they still have some in a few weeks I might take you up on that offer! There is a Drew Estate event tomorrow that I'm saving my coin for, just in case I can score a box of undercrowns at a good price.
[Reply]
Brooks W 02:19 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by Brooks W:
I like them, but they all do tend to taste quite a bit similar (other than the Daisy Cutter, of course, which is the best by FAR, IMHO)...They do get better with age (6 months or more) in my experience as well...

BTW, if anyone cares, we have put together a photo and list of every S&B release to date (release date, sizes, box numbers etc)...there are more than ever I thought lol!

http://www.halfwheel.com/viajeskullandbones

Hope that helps!
Sorry, not sure what happened, but the link is:

http://www.halfwheel.com/collections/viaje-skull-bones/

~brooks
[Reply]
longknocker 02:22 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by Brooks W:
Sorry, not sure what happened, but the link is:

http://www.halfwheel.com/collections/viaje-skull-bones/

~brooks
Thanks, Brooks!:-) I Still Like The Original Daisy Cutter Best, But I Haven't Smoked All Of Them.
[Reply]
tengel78 04:03 PM 03-27-2012
I just had the older MOAB this weekend. Great little smoke. I have some of the WMD, MOAB, and FOAB that I'm giving some time before I let them up.
[Reply]
Mattso3000 04:18 PM 03-27-2012
Talked me into it. Just fired up my last WMD from last year.
[Reply]
DaBear 05:45 PM 03-27-2012
Just tried a FOAB, not as good as I was hoping. Little high on the price point for what it was IMO. May need some time though.
[Reply]
TJtorpedo 06:33 PM 03-27-2012
That chart is awesome. I've picked up singles here and there since being released and have just been sitting on them, but like a dope, I never dated or noted them, so now I can tell them apart...

Thanks!
[Reply]
Mattso3000 07:27 PM 03-27-2012
Originally Posted by DaBear:
Just tried a FOAB, not as good as I was hoping. Little high on the price point for what it was IMO. May need some time though.
Good to know. I'll let these sit for a while. Seems like a lot of Viaje releases are best when well rested. That WMD was outstanding. Lost some of its initial punch but was nice and smooth and had great flavors while still being a little power house.
[Reply]
scottdurand 12:20 AM 03-28-2012
I'm sitting on a few of each of them, although I only have one Daisy cutter left. I guess one of these days i'll cringe and light that baby up!:-)
[Reply]
alwayslit 04:28 AM 03-28-2012
The daisy cutter is the best out of the series.....imo.
[Reply]
Hem 06:14 AM 03-28-2012
I've got the last 6 on the halfwheel pic sitting in the humi..figure I'd give them a year to be humi queens before I toast'em....by then I'll hopefully have more to replace them with :-) Can't wait!
[Reply]
Up