Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Anyone know anything about this cigar?
chachee52 06:55 AM 03-25-2012
So my best friend (whose's not really a smoker) got some of these from a friend (who is also not really a smoker). He went to Costa Rica and I guess someone there told him these were the ones to get. ????
A couple of the guy that got them's friends have tried them and were not impressed.
I just got them last night and they haven't been stored in a humidor for a month or so, so I put them in mine to try to get it back a little.
Didn't know if anyone knew anything about this cigar before I try my hardest to bring the cigar back.
Attached: cigar.jpg (37.0 KB) 
[Reply]
Garbandz 07:22 AM 03-25-2012
don't get excited,it's not a great stick.Local consumption Costa Rican sticks are bitter and not very good.Keep it as a display,don't smoke it.................ND
[Reply]
Skywalker 09:17 AM 03-25-2012
:-)
[Reply]
shilala 09:42 AM 03-25-2012
I wouldn't be too concerned about the humidification. Smoke one as is and see if they're worth messing with. If you like them, or think you will, then put the time into them.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:44 AM 03-25-2012
Originally Posted by chachee52:
So my best friend (whose's not really a smoker) got some of these from a friend (who is also not really a smoker). He went to Costa Rica and I guess someone there told him these were the ones to get. ????
A couple of the guy that got them's friends have tried them and were not impressed.
I just got them last night and they haven't been stored in a humidor for a month or so, so I put them in mine to try to get it back a little.
Didn't know if anyone knew anything about this cigar before I try my hardest to bring the cigar back.
I would give them AT LEAST a month in your humidor before giving one a try.
[Reply]
chachee52 02:58 PM 03-25-2012
I guess the question is more of: what do people know about these cigars? I have 4 of them and know how to store them. Just never heard of them, and couldn't find much about them online.
[Reply]
lenguamor 03:02 PM 03-25-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
I would give them AT LEAST a month in your humidor before giving one a try.
:-) And freeze them before you add them to your humi.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 03:20 PM 03-25-2012
Originally Posted by Garbandz:
don't get excited,it's not a great stick.Local consumption Costa Rican sticks are bitter and not very good.Keep it as a display,don't smoke it.................ND
I disagree, I had some local consumption sticks from Costa Rica that were quite nice. Not top shelve but no dog rockets either.
[Reply]
Steve 04:01 PM 03-25-2012
Originally Posted by Don Fernando:
I disagree, I had some local consumption sticks from Costa Rica that were quite nice. Not top shelve but no dog rockets either.
I would agree with Fergie on this one. I have had a couple of counterfiets that weren't that bad (of course, I've had some that were awful). Give it a try. What's the worst case? If they suck, toss them.

I would freeze them before adding to the humi though, as well as inspecting them throughly before smoking one. My $0.02...YMMDG
[Reply]
Up