Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Anybody tried the Rocky Patel 50(th)?
Brian D. 09:19 PM 03-17-2012
My fellow CA member and local weekly herfer Theo Cincy has tried the Rocky Patel 50--as in 50th birthday--line. He says they may be worth the hefty price tag...even in Cincytucky at Party Source they run $18+ a stick depending on size. I'd imagine in high tax locales they get close to $30 a throw.

Not sure that any of the other herfers I know well have sprung for one, that's where I usually get my info on new sticks as they become available.

Did some looking online for reviews and couldn't find many; honestly the first two were written by guys who had been gifted their sample. Sorta got discouraged from further study.

So, anybody from here splurged on the Rocky 50? How was it?

By the way Theo Cincy I'm not doubting your opinion, just looking for others. Got a little extra money right this second and haven't taken a dare lately. And I happen to a be a little jaded about Rocky Patel's cigars in general, so many times the first batch of a new line would be great, the next ones a few months later totally changed. Of course these "50"s are supposed to be a one time only deal, so that shouldn't be a problem.
[Reply]
JenksAnejo 02:35 PM 03-18-2012
The B&M that I used to work for gifted me one of these to try; I would never spend $20-$25 on a Rocky Patel cigar. :-)

It was a good smoke; however, there are way too many good smokes around the $15 range that puts this cigar to shame. For example, Liga's, HTF Fuente's, Padron Annys, etc.

Don't get me wrong I enjoyed it but the cigar is WAY WAY WAY overpriced!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 03:06 PM 03-18-2012
50th blend? :-) I couldn't resist! I actually just revisited a Decade and 1990 over the course of the past week. I also have a 1992 sitting out right now awaiting its demise. All three have about three years on them. I figured I would see if they improved with age and if I still enjoyed them.
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 08:23 PM 03-18-2012
Just for the record I to am a little sour on rocky...that is why it surprised me so much. The only reason I have it a chance is because I got a similar recommendation for a well versed cigar enthusiast whose palate I trust. After I smoked that one I will probably pick up 2-3 to stash away. Would usually do that for any rocky. Just my opinion and that is all.
[Reply]
Theo Cincy 08:24 PM 03-18-2012
Sorry autocorrect strikes again....wouldn't do that for any rocky.
[Reply]
jvanmeet 09:54 AM 03-22-2012
I've had a few of these, and while very good, i'm not sure they're worth almost double the price of the Rocky 15th anniversary.
[Reply]
Up