Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Entertainment>Star Trek: TNG
kydsid 02:23 PM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by ThePict:
Absolutely agree with you on Inner Light. Truly an amazing episode and a terrific example of what Star Trek can be about. One of my personal all time favorites from all the series, and I've been there for them all since I first discovered the origional show in the late sixties.
Inner Light is absolutely one of the best episodes. I was actually a bit sad when watching a show about the giant auction done a few years back and Patrick Stewart commented that the flute didn't actually play.
[Reply]
mariogolbee 02:55 PM 11-03-2011
Originally Posted by kydsid:
Inner Light is absolutely one of the best episodes. I was actually a bit sad when watching a show about the giant auction done a few years back and Patrick Stewart commented that the flute didn't actually play.
That sucks. I think I'm a little sad now too. Do you remember how much it sold for?
[Reply]
jcruse64 06:50 PM 11-03-2011
Another Trek fan. Love the original (caught the first Harry Mudd episode just a couple of days ago) and TNG. I liked the beginning of Voyager, but got bored quickly. Also liked Enterprise. Never really got hooked on DS9, though I did like some of the characters and watched it occasionally.

I think one of my favorites from the Original (can't remember the name) was the one with Joan Collins and the time portal. When they get back through the portal after Kirk has to stop Bones from saving Collins' character, and Kirk tells Scotty "Get us the hell out of here!". Trouble with Tribbles also a fav.
[Reply]
kydsid 08:25 AM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by mariogolbee:
That sucks. I think I'm a little sad now too. Do you remember how much it sold for?

http://www.christies.com/special_sit...k/overview.asp

http://www.christies.com/lotfinder/p...4-253c2505d24d
[Reply]
Lonely Raven 08:44 AM 11-04-2011

It's been forever since I watched any of the series. I'll have to go over TNG again. This, and Highlander helped me through some tough times in my 20-somethings. The basic premise of morality in TNG, and Good over Evil in Highlander I truly believe helped tune my moral compass.

Yes, I just said two Fantasy/Sci-Fi shows helped teach me right from wrong.
[Reply]
357 08:58 AM 11-04-2011
Me, I couldn't take Trek "morality" too seriously. I mean, look at the big picture. Everyone works, no money, no poor, no unemployed, no wars (on Earth at least), Earth has a global government, and the most despised characters, though not the toughest, they run into are the "greedy" (capitalist) Ferengi.

It's basically a communist utopia. Funniest part is communism never actually results in a utopia, but that's the pipe-dream. In the series you can't help but overlook this political stuff and just enjoy the heck out of it.

I know the Ferengi changed roles a bit in DS9, but I'm mostly speaking of them in TNG.
[Reply]
DBall 09:31 AM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
Wow... F**king epic! :-):-):-)
[Reply]
mariogolbee 11:40 AM 11-04-2011
Originally Posted by kydsid:
:-) They got 4x the amount expected!
Originally Posted by Lonely Raven:
Originally Posted by DBall:
Wow... F**king epic! :-):-):-)
QFT! Epic! I actually have that quote as my sigline on a different forum.
Originally Posted by 357:
Me, I couldn't take Trek "morality" too seriously. I mean, look at the big picture. Everyone works, no money, no poor, no unemployed, no wars (on Earth at least), Earth has a global government, and the most despised characters, though not the toughest, they run into are the "greedy" (capitalist) Ferengi.

It's basically a communist utopia. Funniest part is communism never actually results in a utopia, but that's the pipe-dream. In the series you can't help but overlook this political stuff and just enjoy the heck out of it.

I know the Ferengi changed roles a bit in DS9, but I'm mostly speaking of them in TNG.
Interesting observation. Although it is still making a comment, my comment IS no comment.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
« First < 345
Up