Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Difference in single, double and triple jets
Chinogobraap 08:01 PM 07-14-2010
I'm looking for a jet lighter, used em never owned one. I have traditional flame lighters but i smoke outdoors more these days. I've only used a single jet and it work fine. I'm planning on getting the vector knight single flame on cigar monsters mashup later tonight for i think 17.00. I started looking online and holy shite I didn't even know that there were double or triple jet lighters. Besides looking cool is there any real advantage in having a double or triple?

Thanks in advance
[Reply]
dubnick 08:30 PM 07-14-2010
I use my $5 Ronson and it hasn't let me down yet.

I actually bought a second one today as a back-up.
[Reply]
chippewastud79 08:32 PM 07-14-2010
Triple flame will light your eyebrows on fire faster. One flame is all you need, two if you are impatient and three if you feel the need to smoke 85 RG smokes. Single are better for touch-ups and relights. :-)
[Reply]
junkinduck 08:40 PM 07-14-2010
love my ronson keep a few for trades, gifts, and backup. I also really like a free one from cheep humidors. It is ugly, red and throws a hellish flame, like big and hot hellish.
I am looking hard at the xikar flower jet. Would like to one to try.
To answer your question I think it is opinion. I have used, double and triple and the end result was all the same, they lit my smoke. That being said I like a double for larger RG cigars. But the single fits so nice in my pocket.
[Reply]
md4958 08:42 PM 07-14-2010
Originally Posted by chippewastud79:
Triple flame will light your eyebrows on fire faster. One flame is all you need, two if you are impatient and three if you feel the need to smoke 85 RG smokes. Single are better for touch-ups and relights. :-)
:-)
Ive owned all three, and now stick to the single jet.
[Reply]
Chinogobraap 08:44 PM 07-14-2010
Triple flame will light your eyebrows on fire faster
Hahaha :-):-):-):-)
Yea I couldn't find anything online that would explain the difference in the different options and the application of those options but that just cleared it up.

Three for show one for go

Thanks
[Reply]
Darrell 08:44 PM 07-14-2010

I found that triple flames would burn the **** out of the wrapper, double flames were okay until I had to rotate the cigar while lighting it, then I burnt the wrapper.

Now I just do single flame.
[Reply]
bobarian 09:03 PM 07-14-2010
Small fire, bigger fire, stupid fire! :-):-)
[Reply]
bigdix 09:07 PM 07-14-2010
I'm pretty glad I just ordered a single flame :-)
[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 09:25 PM 07-14-2010
I normally use a single flame, but I do have a triple I pull out for kicks on occasion. I think single flames are better if you prefer to take your time and slowly toast the foot.

But if you're in a hurry and have a larger ring gauge smoke, the triple can put a red hot cherry on the foot in a couple of seconds flat.
[Reply]
Mugen910 09:33 PM 07-14-2010
Originally Posted by bobarian:
Small fire, bigger fire, stupid fire! :-):-)
He's making a joke but in reality he's not lying...you do not need more than 1 torch flame to light a cigar.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:48 AM 07-15-2010
I have a double but always end up using my single flame. :-)
[Reply]
Jack1000 06:41 AM 07-15-2010
I have one of each type--I always feel like the triple is going to blow up in my hand. Probably more suited to making creme brulee than lighting cigars.
[Reply]
kaisersozei 06:51 AM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by Jack1000:
I have one of each type--I always feel like the triple is going to blow up in my hand. Probably more suited to making creme brulee than lighting cigars.
Or melting steel.

Single does the trick for me! The only time I use a triple is when I'm herfing at Winston's and use Kevin's tabletop. I have to hold it about a foot away from the cigar. Guess that's why it's a tabletop.

Of course, I usually revert back to the ol' 3-stick match trick when I feel like being indulgent.
[Reply]
shilala 07:39 AM 07-15-2010
I have them all. I even have a five jet table lighter.
I used triple jets forever cause they light a foot real well. I don't like double jets. The five jet is awesome, but it's out in the shop and I seldom use it.
Anymore, I use the single flame lighter Mac gave me, or a Ronson. I've all but given up on triple jets because they're always broken.
They're building a Super Wally here right now. The only reason I'm looking forward to that life-sucker being done is so I have a steady supply of Ronsons. I'm done fighting with lighters. :-)
[Reply]
waffle 07:57 AM 07-15-2010
I just won a raffle and it came with the ever torch... kinda cool, has a torch light and a soft flame & it runs on butane so you can toast the foot with the torch and then light with a soft flame.
[Reply]
Ogre 08:30 AM 07-15-2010
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 08:36 AM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by Darrell:

I found that triple flames would burn the **** out of the wrapper, double flames were okay until I had to rotate the cigar while lighting it, then I burnt the wrapper.

Now I just do single flame.
:-) The fuel consuption on the triples is just ridonkulous too!!
[Reply]
ucla695 08:45 AM 07-15-2010
+100 I’ve been using my single flame torch for years and love it. Unless I need to do some spot welding, I Can’t ever imagine needing more than one flame.
[Reply]
OLS 09:07 AM 07-15-2010
Originally Posted by Mugen910:
He's making a joke but in reality he's not lying...you do not need more than 1 torch flame to light a cigar.
HE IS rather punchy lately. He must like this medicine a lot more than the last batch.
I also agree, one is all you need. It's already fairly windproof and does not drink butane
like that first ghost the ghostbusters captured in that hotel.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up