Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Death of the wooden humi
Pistol 10:05 AM 07-24-2010
I appreciate the Aristocrat, and I am tossing around the idea of purchasing one, but the bugger is that my coolers and wine-a-dor just work so darned well. They hold humidity much steadier than any wooden desktop that I've EVER owned. That's probably due to the fact that I'd only owned cheaper desktops in the past, but I don't value the aesthetics enough to spend a lot of cash on a nice desktop; so I guess the point is moot anyway. I don't display my cigars or tobacco, they are for my greedy little eyes only! I don't think that there's a wrong answer here. I believe it just depends on how much you value aesthetics over pure function for cigar storage, and at this point I guess I value pure function over aesthetics.
[Reply]
Buena Fortuna 10:23 AM 07-24-2010
Haven't used a wooden humi in 2 years...plug in the cooler, add beads and fahgeddaboutit :-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:34 AM 07-24-2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs
[Reply]
waffle 11:13 AM 07-24-2010
Originally Posted by T.G:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grbSQ6O6kbs
I'm not dead yet...:-):-):-)
[Reply]
XTRazzer 05:44 PM 07-25-2010
I think some of the opinions depend upon where geographically people are located. If in a warmer climate, the wine fridge cooling ability becomes a necessity for some that don't have a basement or other location to keep temperatures low. If in an area of frequent climate change, the coolidor or wine fridge seem to remain more stable than a traditional humidor.

There is something about the elegance of a wood desktop humidor that can't be replaced. But from an economical point of view the coolidor holds more for less money.
[Reply]
BamBam 05:46 PM 07-25-2010
A solid wooden humidor will always have a place in my home. While I do value functionality of some cooler units. I will always try to get those luxuries inside a good wooden shell :-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 3
< 123
Up