Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Got my Drawers Today
SSDVC 05:55 PM 07-13-2010
OK, this is a vendor/product review.

After all of the recommendations from the folks here, on Mar 25th, I bit the bullet and ordered four draws (with glass tops and rosewood stain) and two cedar shelves from Chasidor (Chuck) for my Edgestar 28.

After waiting anxiously for several weeks, I sent Chuck a follow up email in mid May, checking on my order. Long story short, we went back and forth with emails, with Chuck promptly responding each time I sent in an inquiry. He explained the reason for the fairly long (and abnormal, for Chuck) wait and kept me up to date on things.

Well, almost 4 months have gone by since I ordered and today, yes today, FedEx came to my door during dinner. Yes friends, the drawers arrived, finally. Christmas in July !!!!! :-)

Please don't get me wrong, I am not bashing Chuck or complaining about the time it took (although admittedly, it was a longer than expected wait). I know why it took extra time and Chuck kept in touch, so no issues there. Customer follow up was great. Just going about the whole story (I tend to talk a lot).

I opened that FedEx box right at the dinner table (which did not amuse my wife) and saw why it took so long. Chuck is one anal dude The packaging of this stuff was truly amazing. A truck would have to actually run over this box to do any damage. It was nothing short of meticulous. Each drawer, each piece of glass, the drawer pulls and dividers, everything was wrapped individually and then together where needed. WOW ! My wife was both laughing and simply amazed during the unwrapping. It was obvious that Chuck is serious about his work and even more serious about protecting it.

Oh, and then there is the product itself. Well, OUTSTANDING, period. Fit, finish and quality are above reproach. Now my Edgestar 28 has a soul, and it's made of cedar. If I knew how to attach pictures, I would.

Yes, to me, it was a bit of a wait, all due to some abnormal circumstances, but it was well worth it.

Chuck, a very nice job sir. Thank you.
[Reply]
Ogre 06:00 PM 07-13-2010
Mine are in production. Chuck has an amazing product and his customer service is above all. He has kept me informed every step of the way. Still excited and waiting.
[Reply]
Ogre 06:02 PM 07-13-2010
How do you like the Rosewood?? its also the one I went with
[Reply]
dyieldin 06:25 PM 07-13-2010
Where's our pictures?
[Reply]
dubnick 06:27 PM 07-13-2010
Hope you enjoy them. And we want pictures!!!!
[Reply]
Eleven 06:32 PM 07-13-2010
You should see Chucks 'packaging' room.

Its impressive.
[Reply]
bsmokin 07:24 PM 07-13-2010
:-)
[Reply]
E-Tx Surveyor 08:36 PM 07-13-2010
Originally Posted by bsmokin:
:-)
I second that notion. I'm ready to get some drawers myself, but I need a a Vino first. :-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 09:13 PM 07-13-2010
No pictures??? :-)
[Reply]
stewshi 11:02 PM 07-13-2010
Damn this makes me anxious to get mine but not without seeing some pics of your first. Someone please post instructions so we can see them.
[Reply]
Ogre 11:05 PM 07-13-2010
Here is the link to Chucks website, you can see his work and all details.
http://www.chasidor.com/shop/
[Reply]
SSDVC 06:42 PM 07-14-2010
I would love to post pictures, but I have no clue as to how to do it.
[Reply]
stewshi 08:37 PM 07-14-2010
Whoops maybe I shouldve typed this better.

I actually have some on order since June still waiting on them. I would also like to know the instructions on how to post pics.

Originally Posted by stewshi:
Damn this makes me anxious to get mine but not without seeing some pics of your first. Someone please post instructions so we can see them.

[Reply]
TheTraveler 09:09 PM 07-14-2010
Originally Posted by SSDVC:
I would love to post pictures, but I have no clue as to how to do it.
Originally Posted by stewshi:
... I would also like to know the instructions on how to post pics.
PMs sent. :-)
[Reply]
SSDVC 07:29 PM 07-15-2010
Got them, thanks !
[Reply]
Up