Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Lighter-Cutter combo?
the MacDonald 11:57 AM 06-30-2010
Is it worth getting a lighter with a cutter attached to it? I have seen a couple that are tempting, but I wonder if the cutters are up to the task...and only one lighter has survived a year with me for pipe, the Ole Boy, so I am a little worried about buying a "one light wonder."
[Reply]
groogs 12:08 PM 06-30-2010
I have a Colibri lighter with a punch cutter on it, but I never use it. I tried it out once, and it worked fine, I just don't like it (never been a big fan of the punch cut). The lighter still works fine (because I rarely use it), but I tend to stick with the $2 lighter and a Palio.:-)

I guess it depends what you are looking for, convience, or quality. I have never seen a lighter cutter combo that struck me as being a qulity piece, but there may be some out there.
[Reply]
CigarNut 12:19 PM 06-30-2010
I have a Lotus lighter with a punch that I use when I travel. Normally I use a Xikar or Palio cutter, but when I travel I don't mind using a punch...
[Reply]
the MacDonald 01:13 PM 06-30-2010
I used to use a punch all the time, but latle I can never seem to find it. I was thinking spacifically about a cutter that is attached to a lighter.
[Reply]
Jack1000 02:14 PM 06-30-2010
:-) You would probably get a better quality lighter and cutter if they were purchased as separate items. Nice palio or xikar and a blazer torch and your all set.
[Reply]
fuente~fuente 03:06 PM 06-30-2010
My B&M has a Prometheus with a pair of scissors attached. Looks nice... Performance I cannot vouch for. :-)

Here's a pic of it...

[Reply]
NCRadioMan 03:38 PM 06-30-2010
No because Palio's are not attached to any lighter.
[Reply]
bobarian 04:17 PM 06-30-2010
As the others have said, most times you get a decent lighter and a cutter or punch you would only want to use in an emergency. Get a Palio!
For lighters, I have purchased and given away a ton of these: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4179 $2 each if you buy 3 and that includes shipping. :-)
[Reply]
Up