Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 9 of 198
« First < 789 10111959109 > Last »
Wine, Beer, and Spirits>The Bourbon Thread!!
Parshooter 10:10 AM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by awsmith4:
I believe its the yellow label, but i may be wrong
The rye is yellow label. The white label is the cheap-****. Don't know how much Beam costs, but for only about $24, you should try Bulleit.
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 11:25 AM 01-21-2009
Originally Posted by Nick:
Jim Beam Straight Rye is the White Label right. I will definitely try the Four Roses.
No, Jim Beam Straight Rye, is the Yellow Label, and of course it says "Straight Rye" on the label. Four Roses is a truly great, very drinkable Whiskey, which is very much underrated!
[Reply]
Nick 07:25 PM 01-21-2009
The yellow label is the one I wanted to try also but I couldn't find any and I didn't feel like going to bevmo. I'll try it next time.
[Reply]
BengalMan 06:52 PM 01-22-2009
Anyone in the Mid-West planning on going to Whiskey Fest in Chicago on April 1st? Going to be a helluva time, I'm definitely looking forward to it! It'd be nice to meet up with a couple inmates to drink and smoke all day and night.
[Reply]
Scottw 07:51 PM 01-22-2009
Originally Posted by floydp:
Its nice to see so many folks at CA that find enjoyment in some of this life's best value and quality products. "Bourbon". When sitting back and enjoying a cigar with friends I find myself pouring Gentlemen Jack in my glass more than anything else. Its not the best by any means but I simply love the smoothness of it.

Like everything else we all have our favorites. Rare Breed,Buf Trace, Knob Creek,Elijah Craig,EW single barrel among others are staples in these parts. Booker's and Pappy 15 year old when I got the dough for em.

A toast to yens bourbon hoes.
EW Single Barrel is a staple for me in the liquor cabinet. If there are any BOTL's local to the NY/NJ area who truly love whisky, got www.whiskyguild.com and go to the link for the whisky classic. My friend Jeff has been doing this for years and it is a great time. i have no affiliaton with this club excet for being a member and receive no compensation from it just so everyone knows. It is an outstanding time.
[Reply]
cbsmokin 02:11 PM 02-03-2009
I joined a Bourbon forum, others have been mentioned, but not this one.

http://www.straightbourbon.com/forums/index.php
[Reply]
cbsmokin 02:14 PM 02-03-2009
Originally Posted by Cyclone:
I really HATE that you live so far away... :-)
I can send you the empty bottle. I finished it over the weekend. Liquor store was out as well. I have to keep looking.
[Reply]
newcigarz 04:59 AM 02-05-2009
Just picked up another bottle of Stagg.

It is so strong, but dangerously drinkable.
[Reply]
BengalMan 07:12 AM 02-05-2009
Stagg is great stuff. Ice cube or two and your good to go. Just don't drink too much, bad things can happen that you don't remember, trust me.
[Reply]
awsmith4 07:41 AM 02-05-2009
While I was in SC on Tuesday I found Buffalo Trace at the store. We can't get it here in GA so I was pumped. I really enjoyed it and now i'm gonna have to drive back and get more :-)
[Reply]
newcigarz 08:12 AM 02-05-2009
While I was in SC on Tuesday I found Buffalo Trace at the store. We can't get it here in GA so I was pumped. I really enjoyed it and now i'm gonna have to drive back and get more :-)
Buffalo Trace is great Bourbon.
[Reply]
tech-ninja 12:44 PM 02-05-2009
I still have your Stagg, bud. Sorry I can't get down to colo on Tuesday's. Where did you get the BT? The Green's on Piney Grove has a great selection of stuff.
[Reply]
ir13 12:52 PM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by tech-ninja:
I still have your Stagg, bud. Sorry I can't get down to colo on Tuesday's. Where did you get the BT? The Green's on Piney Grove has a great selection of stuff.
He picked it up at Sam's Fine Wine & Spirits in Lexington.
[Reply]
awsmith4 01:23 PM 02-05-2009
Originally Posted by tech-ninja:
No problem at all Stewart its almost as long a drive for you to colo as me. We'll meet up soon, plus it gives me an excuse to herf :-)
[Reply]
tech-ninja 01:40 PM 02-05-2009
No problem at all Stewart its almost as long a drive for you to colo as me. We'll meet up soon, plus it gives me an excuse to herf :-)
I hear that!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
Powers 08:07 PM 02-08-2009
i've been known to shake Jim Beam's hand on more than one occasion
[Reply]
Jimbo14 12:02 AM 02-09-2009
Favorite Bourbon?

Makers Mark and Jim Beam Black

Favorite Whiskey all togeather? Thats easy.
[Reply]
awsmith4 10:54 PM 02-09-2009
I picked up some Elijah Craig 12 today and I am more than pleased, thanks to all that suggested it :-)

Between this and the Buffalo Trace I have found 2 new for my regular rotation, it has been a great bourbon week!
[Reply]
JohnnyFlake 10:37 AM 02-10-2009
For those of you that may be interested, I had put together a listing of what I considered Good/Great Whiskey, at very reasonable pricing. ($25 or less, and $15 or less). I did this about seven or eight months ago, so I believe the pricing is still accurate. Of course, this list is based on my humble opinions! I have, at one time or another, tasted ever one on this list!

This mark *, after a listing, designates a personal favorite:

Great Rye for under $25 a bottle:
Wild Turkey Rye 50.5*

Good Rye for under $15 a bottle:
Jim Beam Rye*
Old Overholt Rye

Great Whiskey for under $25 a bottle:
Maker's Mark Bourbon*
Old Grand Dad Bonded Bourbon 100 proof*
Old Grand Dad Bourbon 114 proof
Buffalo Trace Bourbon
Wild Turkey Bourbon 101 proof
Canadian Club Reserve 10 Year Old Blended Canadian
Canadian Club Classic 12 Year Old Blended Canadian
W. L. Weller 12 Year Old Bourbon
W. L. Weller 7 Year Old Bourbon
Four Roses Bourbon, Small Batch*
Crown Royal Canadian Blended
Jameson Irish whiskey
Bushmills Irish Whiskey
Power & Son - Irish whiskey*

Great Whiskey for under $15 a bottle:
Old Fitzgerald Bourbon 100 proof*
Old Fitzgerald 1849 Bourbon 90 proof
Old Forester Bourbon 86 proof – America’s very first bourbon!*
Old Grand Dad Bourbon 86 proof
Jim Beam Choice 5 Year Old Bourbon*
Jim Beam White Label 4 Year Old Bourbon

Good Whiskey for under $15 a bottle:
Early Times Kentucky Whiskey*
Seagrams VO Canadian Blended
Canadian Club 6 Year Old 100 Proof
Pendleton Canadian Blended
[Reply]
DavenportESQ 03:40 PM 02-11-2009
hey guys im new to the Bourbon world. But Stew (tech ninja) got me hooked. I have some recent purchases Four Roses Small Batch, and Basil Haydens. BH is my favorite thus far
[Reply]
Page 9 of 198
« First < 789 10111959109 > Last »
Up