Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
General Discussion>Will You Guys Help Me Shop My New Gun?
shilala 01:46 PM 01-15-2014
I'm going to buy a Ruger LCP .380 with a Crimson Trace Laserguard and 1000 rounds of .380 ammo.
I need some sort of holster, too. No clue what I'd like, but this is going to be for CCW. Any suggestions are welcome.

The local gun shop wants $469.99 for the LCP with the Laser. It comes with an extension clip mag that I need to carry my pinkie. It's included, and the box, or course. Once I find a price online, I'll see if they're willing to deal.
I'd rather buy there, and I'll pay a little more to support the local shop, but I don't want to take a beating.

I saw there are some auctions and stuff, I know nothing about how they operate, except that I would have to have the gun sent to a local shop? If someone can clue me in on that stuff, that'd be awesome.

I'm pretty well married to this choice. I love the gun, have read all the pros and cons, and I want to try it and see if I like it. If I don't like it, I'll trade up. I already have a 9mm, so I'm good there.
If there's a 9mm option that's as small and light as the LCP and can use the same kind of laser with the button on the grip like the LCP, I'd look at it. It'd be nice to keep all 9mm ammo.

Here she is...

[Reply]
Ogre 02:02 PM 01-15-2014
Darrenger firearms in Lakeland, FL has is for $299, no lazer though.
[Reply]
AdamJoshua 02:14 PM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by shilala:

It's so cute, just so tiny, I know you are probably used to hearing that eh Scott? :-)

Very nice brother!
[Reply]
Blueface 02:15 PM 01-15-2014
Scott,
A number of places have had them for $279 recently plus cost of CT, which can be had for under $130 also. When you add transfer fee and so forth, that is not a bad price at all locally.

As far as holster, I ether recommend the one Remo's friend makes or PJ, whichever you prefer as bothe are excellent.

Fire that gun first.
I love mine but my wife hates it.
Different trigger than most guns with long draw.
One heck of a recoil due to size and weight.
Lousy sights hence a laser a must.

What's the good? A suppository size and reliable.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:18 PM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
It's so cute, just so tiny, I know you are probably used to hearing that eh Scott? :-)

Very nice brother!
Ha!

Only difference is you don't want the Ruger pointed at you.

Come to think of it, heck, you don't want Scott pointed at you either.:-)
[Reply]
dijit 02:20 PM 01-15-2014
Once I get home I can run a couple of checks for you and get a fair price but the $469 doesnt sound too far out of range
[Reply]
Blueface 02:20 PM 01-15-2014
What it looks like in my hand.

[Reply]
Remo 02:21 PM 01-15-2014
Check gunbroker, Cheaper than dirt or just do an internet search, find the gun, use your local dealer and have the gun shipped to your local FFL, most likely cheaper.
[Reply]
the jiggler 02:21 PM 01-15-2014
I always use buds gun shop dot com (no affiliation) as a reference point. They have it listed with the laser at $362.56 with a cash discount price of $352.00. Looks like it comes with the finger grip extension to add to the mag.

For holsters I hear a lot of good things about this one: http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=3035

Again not affiliated.
[Reply]
Blueface 02:22 PM 01-15-2014
While in waist kydex holsters are great, for the LCP, this is my favorite holster.
I alternate between in waist or back pocket, depending on clothing.
This is a Talon holster for the back pocket.
Won't be a good outcome at all if I am ever asked for my wallet and reach back there to oblige.

[Reply]
Blueface 02:24 PM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by the jiggler:
I always use buds gun shop dot com (no affiliation) as a reference point. They have it listed with the laser at $362.56 with a cash discount price of $352.00. Looks like it comes with the finger grip extension to add to the mag.

For holsters I hear a lot of good things about this one: http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=3035

Again not affiliated.
I think that is for a Lasermax, which is much cheaper than the CT.
I have used Buds a lot and loved them until they jumped on the price gauging bandwagon during the recent lunacy last year.
[Reply]
the jiggler 02:33 PM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I think that is for a Lasermax, which is much cheaper than the CT.
I have used Buds a lot and loved them until they jumped on the price gauging bandwagon during the recent lunacy last year.
Absolutely correct. Sorry about that.
[Reply]
dijit 02:42 PM 01-15-2014
Sorry I better clarify that $469 is including the 1000 rounds right?
[Reply]
Lockspur 03:12 PM 01-15-2014
I just heard about this place in the First Firearm Thread. I just ordered one for my 4" 1911. Can't beat the price, lifetime warranty, and 4 week return policy.
[Reply]
shilala 03:28 PM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by dijit:
Sorry I better clarify that $469 is including the 1000 rounds right?
No. That's just the price for the gun with the laser and crap that comes with it.
I need a decent price on the ammo, too.
[Reply]
shilala 03:30 PM 01-15-2014
Will you show me a pic of the backside of that holster, Carlos?
Does it have a pocket clip, or what?
I like that alienware one Scotty linked up, too. :-)

Originally Posted by Blueface:
While in waist kydex holsters are great, for the LCP, this is my favorite holster.
I alternate between in waist or back pocket, depending on clothing.
This is a Talon holster for the back pocket.
Won't be a good outcome at all if I am ever asked for my wallet and reach back there to oblige.

[Reply]
Blueface 03:39 PM 01-15-2014
Scott,
Will try to upload a photo later or tomorrow.
Picture the backside intended to be the impression of a wallet in your pocket.
As you put your hand in to draw, your hand slips between the gun pocket and that backside panel.

Perhaps better explained on their website.
Watch their pocket holster video on this link.

http://www.talonholsters.com
[Reply]
Blueface 03:49 PM 01-15-2014
Wife running late so time to play.
Here are some photos of my two holsters I regularly use.
Ps, for ammo, SG Ammo, when in stock.

[Reply]
bruceolee 04:55 PM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:

Very nice brother!
Hmm maybe Scott could get a garter holster for it? :-)

Seriously Scott good choice. I've never purchased a handgun before and I'm thinking this is the year but i'm more old fashioned and am thinking 1911
[Reply]
Remo 05:09 PM 01-15-2014
Originally Posted by bruceolee:
Hmm maybe Scott could get a garter holster for it? :-)

Bazinga!!! Winner :-)
[Reply]
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Up