Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 99 of 138
« First < 4989979899 100101109 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
big_jaygee 04:56 AM 12-17-2012
what are you using for humidification? foam, gel, beads? i am using humidity beads 1/2 lb 70% and 1/2 lb of 65% and distilled water. i was never a fan of the foam or gel is was to much fluctuation. it just seem with the beads it has been a lot easier to maintain. :-)
[Reply]
pnoon 06:33 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by big_jaygee:
what are you using for humidification? foam, gel, beads? i am using humidity beads 1/2 lb 70% and 1/2 lb of 65% and distilled water. i was never a fan of the foam or gel is was to much fluctuation. it just seem with the beads it has been a lot easier to maintain. :-)
which will regulate to 70%
[Reply]
big_jaygee 09:16 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by pnoon:
which will regulate to 70%

Mostly Correct it stays about 68-69%... all I had left all was a 1/2 of each so I figured why not.
[Reply]
pnoon 09:44 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by big_jaygee:
Mostly Correct it stays about 68-69%... all I had left all was a 1/2 of each so I figured why not.
Purley coincidence.
The science does not support half 70 and half 65 stabilizing at 67.5

Not trying to discredit or dispute your results. Just clarifying the misconception that some new folks may have about mixing beads.
[Reply]
TJarv 03:23 PM 12-17-2012
Not sure this is the right place for this question but I'm going to take my chances.

Yesterday I smoked a Tat Black Tubo Torpedo. When were these produced and are the most recent Tat Black's the same blend. It was a great smoke and would love to find more that are similar.

Thanks, Tony
[Reply]
big_jaygee 03:31 PM 12-17-2012
Purley coincidence.
The science does not support half 70 and half 65 stabilizing at 67.5

Not trying to discredit or dispute your results. Just clarifying the misconception that some new folks may have about mixing beads.
you got it :-) it will always go towards the higher end.
[Reply]
T.G 05:09 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by TJarv:
Not sure this is the right place for this question but I'm going to take my chances.

Yesterday I smoked a Tat Black Tubo Torpedo. When were these produced and are the most recent Tat Black's the same blend. It was a great smoke and would love to find more that are similar.

Thanks, Tony
IIRC, 2009.

Same blend. Different vintage of harvest though.

Also, don't forget that the vitola can change the profile of any cigar.
[Reply]
TJarv 05:52 PM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by T.G:
IIRC, 2009.

Same blend. Different vintage of harvest though.

Also, don't forget that the vitola can change the profile of any cigar.
What does this mean?
[Reply]
Zane 06:16 PM 12-17-2012
What does this mean?
Different year of harvest.

Meaning since it was picked a different year if could taste different.
[Reply]
TJarv 06:36 PM 12-17-2012
I should have never smoked that damn cigar
[Reply]
CigarNut 06:43 PM 12-17-2012
Slippery Slope?
[Reply]
SpruceBruce 10:18 AM 12-18-2012
Heh! I feel your pain Tony - the Tat stuff has hooked me too.
[Reply]
Remo 10:22 AM 12-18-2012
Those Tat Black OR's are the devil :-)
[Reply]
Rob_M 04:58 AM 01-05-2013
I have some NC sticks that I want to put away for a bit, maybe a year(if I can hold out). Would they be better off in a sealed box and forgotten about, or mixed in a humi with some regular smokes that will be accessed fairly often. What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic aging of sticks. :-)
[Reply]
T.G 07:42 AM 01-05-2013
Originally Posted by Rob_M:
I have some NC sticks that I want to put away for a bit, maybe a year(if I can hold out). Would they be better off in a sealed box and forgotten about, or mixed in a humi with some regular smokes that will be accessed fairly often. What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic aging of sticks. :-)
I would put them in their own box in the humidor if for no other reason to prevent them from being accidentally damaged when accessing your other cigars.

Anaerobic aging is a blind commitment of decades, not years, and unless you're dealing with tubos that actually seal (or you have sealed with tape or wax) it's not something you can really check on easily along the way. Yes, you can open the bag and check on the cigars, but then you've broken the process by introducing oxygen and now the cigars will have to go through that and shift to anaerobic all over again.
[Reply]
pnoon 08:00 AM 01-05-2013
Originally Posted by T.G:
I would put them in their own box in the humidor if for no other reason to prevent them from being accidentally damaged when accessing your other cigars.
Another reason for doing this is to "bury" the box/cigars to avoid the temptation of smoking them. Out of sight. Out of mind.
:-)
[Reply]
Zane 08:11 AM 01-05-2013
Another reason for doing this is to "bury" the box/cigars to avoid the temptation of smoking them. Out of sight. Out of mind.
:-)
Agreed!
[Reply]
Gabe215 09:39 AM 01-05-2013
I have a question I've heard mixed opinions on, can different cigars without cello on them be touching each other in a humidor for long time storage? Will the flavors "marry each other" and taint the other smoke? Or is that nonsense and the flavors will stay true to the stick regardless if it's rubbing against another stick? Let me know, thanks- Gabe
[Reply]
pnoon 10:12 AM 01-05-2013
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
I have a question I've heard mixed opinions on, can different cigars without cello on them be touching each other in a humidor for long time storage? Will the flavors "marry each other" and taint the other smoke? Or is that nonsense and the flavors will stay true to the stick regardless if it's rubbing against another stick? Let me know, thanks- Gabe
Not an issue unless you are talking decades. And then, only minimally. Nothing to worry about.
[Reply]
CigarNut 11:09 AM 01-05-2013
Originally Posted by Gabe215:
As others have said, this is not a problem -- as long as none of the cigars are infused. Infused cigars need to be kept in a separate humidor.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 138
« First < 4989979899 100101109 > Last »
Up