Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 118 of 138
« First < 1868108116117118 119120128 > Last »
All Cigar Discussion>Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)
WhiteMamba 03:40 PM 03-22-2014
So I know that different cigars have different levels of nicotine but how can you tell which have more and which have less?

Sorry for all the questions but I figure I'm new and that's what this thread is for.
[Reply]
357 12:20 PM 03-24-2014
Originally Posted by WhiteMamba:
So I know that different cigars have different levels of nicotine but how can you tell which have more and which have less?

Sorry for all the questions but I figure I'm new and that's what this thread is for.
Mostly just by experience. Try them out and see, or talk to friends who have smoked them. Just remember each cigar and it's NIC will affect each smoker differently.
[Reply]
icehog3 03:47 PM 03-24-2014
Originally Posted by AdamJoshua:
about 2 months ago I started going with a punch 90% of the time and I love it.

Same here....too funny. :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 04:48 PM 03-24-2014
Used a punch on three cigars over the weekend and it worked great. Smoked a Rocky Patel Decade and a RP vintage 99 on Friday and a RyJ Reserva Real on Saturday. Sunday is the day of rest :-)
[Reply]
Remo 06:29 PM 03-24-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
Same here....too funny. :-)
Bromance!!
[Reply]
icehog3 06:57 PM 03-24-2014
Originally Posted by Remo:
Bromance!!
....and? :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 01:11 PM 03-27-2014
So last week Steve (Dude Here) offered to send me a Vcut cutter since I was asking about different cutters. Being a nube I didn't think much about it until I got the package today. When I opened my mailbox a hand reached out of it and smacked me. The guys at the mail room were shocked. Then the hand gave me this.
Attached: photo-3.jpg (39.5 KB) 
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 01:12 PM 03-27-2014
Thanks a lot Steve you really know how to smack a guy into the fold. :-)
[Reply]
Remo 01:13 PM 03-27-2014
So last week Steve (Dude Here) offered to send me a Vcut cutter since I was asking about different cutters. Being a nube I didn't think much about it until I got the package today. When I opened my mailbox a hand reached out of it and smacked me. The guys at the mail room were shocked. Then the hand gave me this.
This should get posted in the bombs section :-)
[Reply]
Remo 01:13 PM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by icehog3:
....and? :-)
That's all :-)
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 01:22 PM 03-27-2014
This should get posted in the bombs section :-)
Didn't think about that. Figured here was were it was discussed but I can not see the error my way and I will go and post it there also. Thanks for the lesson. :-)
[Reply]
gravel 08:21 PM 03-27-2014
Some questions for ya'll:

1. I currently use matches or a pipe lighter to light my cigars. These work great in the garage, but less than stellar in the great outdoors. What lighters do you recommend and what should I look for in a butane lighter?

2. This one might be better as it's own thread. What are the origins of the groups I see around here? (Zombies, Mafia, others?)
[Reply]
bobarian 08:27 PM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by gravel:

1. I currently use matches or a pipe lighter to light my cigars. These work great in the garage, but less than stellar in the great outdoors. What lighters do you recommend and what should I look for in a butane lighter?
I've been using these lighters for years. Under $3 delivered. http://www.dx.com/p/compact-1300-c-b...9#.UzTdWqKROSo
[Reply]
Remo 08:35 PM 03-27-2014

2. This one might be better as it's own thread. What are the origins of the groups I see around here? (Zombies, Mafia, others?)
You can get Ronson Jetlite for under $5.

They are cigar groups, usually from the same area…Lone Star Mafia (Texas) Zombies are from everywhere, SOB (Southern Ontario Bombers) FCC (Florida Cigar Crew) VCM (Virginia Cigar Militia) Etc...
[Reply]
Lockspur 08:37 PM 03-27-2014
You can get Ronson Jetlite for under $5.
$3.47 at Wally World.
[Reply]
Gabe215 09:22 PM 03-27-2014
+1 on Ronson Letlite, I have 2, one of which I've had for almost 2 1/2 years and have never had a problem with!
[Reply]
WhiteMamba 10:48 PM 03-27-2014
This has been bothering me for a while and I have looked all over trying to figure out the answer. What do the little O's represent under the amount of times you have traded?
[Reply]
T.G 11:23 PM 03-27-2014
This has been bothering me for a while and I have looked all over trying to figure out the answer. What do the little O's represent under the amount of times you have traded?
"Smoke rings" they are essentially a bar graph of what the system calls reputation points. You can give +/- reputation on someone's post by clicking on the picture of the scale (to the left of the report post icon). When you get enough positive points, you get another ring. You can also disable the display of rep points from your user options, when this is done, you'll see a black square there rather than the rings.

They really don't mean anything. Anyone can give +/- rep on any post for any reason, so in reality, it's just a way of private messaging for a specific post.

You can see your rep points by clicking on the "User CP" link in the top bar.

I just "bumped" (gave positive rep) to your post so that can see what I'm talking about when you look in your CP.
[Reply]
icehog3 11:39 PM 03-27-2014
Originally Posted by bobarian:
I've been using these lighters for years. Under $3 delivered. http://www.dx.com/p/compact-1300-c-b...9#.UzTdWqKROSo
+1 for these lighters, I've personally had much better luck with them than I have with the Ronsons. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Dude Here 08:34 AM 03-28-2014

Haven't seen anyone mention them yet but, the Jetline super torch has been working well for me. Triple torch power, large visible fuel tank and it lights up everytime. A little pricier than the Ronsons but I think it's been worth it.

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/l...e-super-torch/
[Reply]
Page 118 of 138
« First < 1868108116117118 119120128 > Last »
Up