Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>This isn't that cool.
CigarSquid 07:29 PM 01-07-2012

I thought this jar would be cooler than it really is. At least I could use it for coffee roasting if I end up not liking it.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 07:45 PM 01-07-2012
Whats wrong with it?
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:55 PM 01-07-2012
For some reason I thought it was glass. I wanted to get it, for a 'decoration' piece and put some decent cigars in they for when friends come over.

Honestly, I really don't know why I don't like it as much as I thought I would.
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 08:02 PM 01-07-2012
I use mine for pipe tobacco now, but it was good to use it when I need extra space before i "re purposed" it.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:03 PM 01-07-2012
I could see that. Like I said, if I really don't like it. I will use it for the coffee I roast.
[Reply]
crazyirishman 11:29 AM 01-08-2012
I actually think it looks pretty classy, and since I love cigar smoking as a social activity, I love the idea of having it out for social smokes.
[Reply]
Taki 12:02 PM 01-08-2012
I like the idea of having it as a display piece, but I understand your thought Garry...I picked one up mainly thinking I would leave it out on display but I started thinking that it would be better as an addition with some smokes as a bomb to a fellow member on CA!! :-) Just so there are more than just smokes in the box :-)
[Reply]
hscmit 12:16 PM 01-08-2012
interesting, the concept is cool and the bombing idea is a good one
[Reply]
coty 12:30 PM 01-08-2012
I happen to keep about three of those on my fridge with cigar in them. i had no idea someone was selling them with cigars in them!
[Reply]
crazyirishman 03:24 PM 01-08-2012
This gives me an idea.

Fill the jar with inexpensive cigars with impressive looking bands and use a plug of floral foam to fill the center and use the jars as strict display pieces.

OR you could cheat and save bands from your premiums and band some factory reject bandless sticks. It's not lying because the quality of the display stocks doesn't matter since you won't be smoking them, and it'd be a waste to not smoke real premiums...
[Reply]
crazyirishman 03:26 PM 01-08-2012
Originally Posted by coty:
I happen to keep about three of those on my fridge with cigar in them. i had no idea someone was selling them with cigars in them!
I love your avatar, sir.
[Reply]
Sonic04GT 07:14 PM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by crazyirishman:
This gives me an idea.

Fill the jar with inexpensive cigars with impressive looking bands and use a plug of floral foam to fill the center and use the jars as strict display pieces.

OR you could cheat and save bands from your premiums and band some factory reject bandless sticks. It's not lying because the quality of the display stocks doesn't matter since you won't be smoking them, and it'd be a waste to not smoke real premiums...
Could be a neat idea.
[Reply]
coty 07:17 PM 01-09-2012
Thank you Irish. I tend to be too open some times though.
[Reply]
RonC 07:47 PM 01-09-2012
in my opinion, that simple humidor jar is the best and easiest to use humidor that you can buy.
[Reply]
coty 08:23 PM 01-09-2012
Agreeded ron they also happen to be sold at most dollar stores. The only draw back is when you only have a few sticks they lean over and clutter. The shorter ones fall to the bottom and you have to move a bunch around to get the ones you like out.
[Reply]
ktblunden 07:38 AM 01-10-2012
Hmm, it's too bad it's not made of glass, it looks like it is. It does look nice, though.

Originally Posted by RonC:
in my opinion, that simple humidor jar is the best and easiest to use humidor that you can buy.
I prefer tupperware for being cheap and easy, but I don't like storing cigars vertically like that. It's kind of a pain to grab just the cigar you want, or even to see everything that's in there without removing others.
[Reply]
CigarSquid 07:53 AM 01-10-2012
I only have two brands in there. Since it will not be the normal go to humi, only for buddies and a convo piece.

The humi puck that came with it, is holding TONS of water. I have to let it vent. Without it sealed close, about a 1.2 inch open at the locking part, it holds about 60-65%.. With it closed, it is hold 80+.. Nuts!
[Reply]
shilala 07:58 AM 01-10-2012
There are glass ones, as well. They look more like the old fashioned bail-type canning jar. I have tons of these, there's one of the glass ones right behind me...

[Reply]
shilala 08:03 AM 01-10-2012
In that pic I posted you can see the bead bag in the bottom. I made up a bunch of bead bags for the jars that fit perfectly in the bottom.
Lately I've been sending a bunch of them over to the troops, they make excellent "in a pinch" humis. (The plastic ones). Another thing they're good for is for camping/fishing/rolling around on the floor in the truck. You can't break them, they're water-tight, and they're dirt cheap. Add beads and they keep your cigars perfect.
I used to have two whole shelves lined with these jars, I wish I could find the pic.
That definately looked cool. :-)
[Reply]
CigarSquid 08:10 AM 01-10-2012
I have the 10 travel humi for, well, all my travel needs. Love that thing. This will mainly sit.. downstairs out of site with some decent sticks for the non cigar enthusiast smokers.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up