Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Coolidor
Eros 02:59 PM 01-26-2012
So I am having quite a rough time with this humidor seasoning business. So I was wondering if someone could point me in the direction of how to make a simple coolidor. Does it need to be "seasoned"? My impression of it is simply throwing a humidification device and a hygrometer in the bottom and then adding cigars. Somebody please tell me what is what!
[Reply]
icehog3 03:04 PM 01-26-2012
Pretty much, no seasoning needed.

Lots of good tips here:

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showth...light=Coolidor
[Reply]
Eros 03:18 PM 01-26-2012
So in that forum a lot of people mention cigar boxes and such. I only have singles for now, and don't plan on buying a box anytime soon. So if I make a coolidor as described, and place the individual cigars in there with no boxes or wood panels, they should still be ok correct?
[Reply]
jluck 03:20 PM 01-26-2012
Spend some time in the sticky threads. Theres lots and lots of good info in them. look,read and search. The stickies are your friend I promise. I still look at them often.:-)
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 03:20 PM 01-26-2012
I'd go to a local cigar shop and buy an empty cigar box to keep the cigars in. More protection that way.
[Reply]
Lanks85 05:00 PM 01-26-2012
Eros,

The purpose of having cigar boxes is to buffer the humidity levels in the cooler. They absorb the moisture from the humidifying device, so that you dont lose all of your humidity each time you open the cooler. It just creates a more stable environment for your investment. Pick up some empty cigar boxes from your B&M. I'm sure they will just give them to you if you have a relationship with them. Hope that helps a bit. As others have said, there is a tonne of info on the site regarding this matter.
[Reply]
Newbie_nick 05:14 PM 01-26-2012
Hey Eros, I did a post about my coolidor project. Hopefully, that will answer some questions, but feel free to pm me with any specific questions too!

http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=49471
[Reply]
CigarSquid 09:10 PM 01-26-2012
I went through the same thing. I ended up spending like 10-15 bucks on empty boxes from the local shop.. and it holds great!
[Reply]
CigarNut 10:58 PM 01-26-2012
"Search" is your friend -- lots of threads on Coolidors.
[Reply]
Up