Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>Shuriken Cutter
Redlegsmoker 05:38 PM 01-04-2012
Stopped by my local cigar shop bought a cigar and noticed them on the counter. The clerk let me try a cut on the cigar i had bought. Not impressed at all, i like the gulletine cutter or even the plug cutter a lot more.
Tough to draw and just not a good smoke.
My opionon of it.
Dave
[Reply]
schollianmj 05:42 PM 01-04-2012
Hmm... I was looking at them online and the devil site... almost puled the trigger on it as a "Why not" purchase...
[Reply]
mariogolbee 05:50 PM 01-04-2012
I'm not sure what cigar you tried the cut on. I have found that there are some cigars that the Shuriken works with, and others that it fails on. Some of my past thoughts and trials can be found here. The bottom line is that when it works, it works wonders and when it doesn't, it fails miserably. You also need to use a little finesse.
[Reply]
Taki 06:11 PM 01-04-2012
Thanks for sharing brother...I was going to purchase one of these the other week at Famous but I was not entirely sold on it...now I won't! Thank you for sharing :-)
[Reply]
Ratters 07:03 PM 01-04-2012
I tried Mario's, but didnt care for it. Seemed to be a solution in search of a problem. By the end of the smoke the head was mangled. My Palio works just fine.
[Reply]
Coop 07:41 PM 01-04-2012
Looked cool but looks like I'll pass!
[Reply]
mariogolbee 08:00 PM 01-04-2012
Originally Posted by Ratters:
I tried Mario's, but didnt care for it. Seemed to be a solution in search of a problem. By the end of the smoke the head was mangled. My Palio works just fine.
I tried an identical stick at the same time and it worked great. Steve's did end up mangled, though.
[Reply]
icehog3 08:10 PM 01-04-2012
Mario hooked me up....I still dig the guillotine though. :-)
[Reply]
ktblunden 08:14 PM 01-04-2012
I'm not sold on the whole, "maybe it works well or maybe it just screws up the cap on your cigar" aspect of it. I'll stick to guillotine for the most part and punch for the rest.
[Reply]
Up