Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Behike 52 or Padron Family Reserve
Jon11 10:51 AM 07-07-2013
Which would you guys prefer a box of? Since they are about the same price. Behike's are supposed to be the best CC's and Family Reserves are probably the best NC, so which do you prefer?
[Reply]
pnoon 10:57 AM 07-07-2013
Originally Posted by Jon11:
Which would you guys prefer a box of? Since they are about the same price. Behike's are supposed to be the best CC's and Family Reserves are probably the best NC, so which do you prefer?
"Best" is purely subjective. While I like Behikes, I certainly don't see them as the best CC out there.

I'd be willing to bet that those who smoke primarily CCs would say Behike. And those that smoke primarily NCs would say PFR. And my suggestion is to buy what YOU prefer. Why base your decision on what a few respondents say here?

:-)
[Reply]
DaBear 11:06 AM 07-07-2013
Originally Posted by pnoon:
"Best" is purely subjective. While I like Behikes, I certainly don't see them as the best CC out there.

I'd be willing to bet that those who smoke primarily CCs would say Behike. And those that smoke primarily NCs would say PFR. And my suggestion is to buy what YOU prefer. Why base your decision on what a few respondents say here?

If those are the only two options I'd go Padron 80th Maddies, but I'd much rather get me a box of HdM Epi 2s and a good smattering of other stuff for the same price. It all comes down to smoke what you like, like what you smoke.
[Reply]
hammondc 11:10 AM 07-07-2013
Originally Posted by dabear:

If those are the only two options i'd go padron 80th maddies, but i'd much rather get me a box of hdm epi 2s and a good smattering of other stuff for the same price. It all comes down to smoke what you like, like what you smoke.
this
[Reply]
big_jaygee 11:54 AM 07-07-2013
Originally Posted by DaBear:
If those are the only two options I'd go Padron 80th Maddies, but I'd much rather get me a box of HdM Epi 2s and a good smattering of other stuff for the same price. It all comes down to smoke what you like, like what you smoke.
+1
[Reply]
equetefue 12:55 PM 07-07-2013
I like Behikes, but they need a lot of rest IMHO for them to taste where you expect, while the PFR might be better right out of the box.

In any case for me it would be the BHK54 if you decide on that route
[Reply]
FelonyRuckus 03:57 PM 07-07-2013
Maduro 45th Padron Family Reserve is my favorite non-CC. If I had a choice between the 2 I would get the BHK 54 in a heartbeat. I do agree, it might not be the best CC out there but still certainly very good. Besides you can get Padrons all day anyday.
[Reply]
Sweet_Leaf_PDX 06:56 PM 07-09-2013
buy both... you only live once :-):-)
[Reply]
CigarNut 08:55 PM 07-09-2013
I'd pick up a box of PLPC's, a box of Padron 4000 Maduro's and save the rest of the money for something else down the road....
[Reply]
STEVE S 10:24 AM 07-10-2013
I would go with the Padrons.
[Reply]
Blueface 10:27 AM 07-10-2013
Have you tried either or both?
If you have, then you have a good basis for comparison.
If you haven't, try one before considering a box to make sure the difference in taste that you perceive is worth the difference in the price to other probably as enjoyble and less expensive smokes.
"The Best" to some is not the best to all.
[Reply]
shilala 10:41 AM 07-10-2013
I'm with Carlos on the "try first if you haven't".
That said, I wouldn't buy either. Padron 64 Monarcas and principes kick ass over the Family Reserve.
I can think of umpteen cc's that I'd rather smoke than Behikes.
Mind ya, that's me. I've certainly had my share of excitement over super-premium smokes and bought my share. It taught me that they aren't worth the premium cost, and they aren't all that special.

If you insist on one of the two, I would go with the Behikes, but only because they will resell well if you find you don't care for them all that much. You almost have to give the Family Reserves away, especially if you paid a premium.
The Behikes are a no-lose proposition while the Family Reserves are a bad investment.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 10:43 AM 07-10-2013
I have never had a Padron I couldn't live without.
I have never tried a BHK52, because I can't justify the price with so many other quality options out there.
[Reply]
pektel 10:45 AM 07-10-2013
I'm with the others, in saying... neither. If I HAD to pick one, it would be the Behike. Though I'd probably just buy a cab of something instead. Hell, I'd buy a cab of Siglo II's before BHK.

But, that's me.
[Reply]
mk05 11:17 AM 07-10-2013
Those two cigars are night and day in terms of flavor. Padron has that very dusty earthy chocolate profile to it, while the BHK shows a lot of vanilla and cream.

I'd actually steer you to the middle towards the Monte 520. Padron tries to copy bits of the Monte character, 520's are "high profile" like Behikes (even higher, as it's "limited" :-)), and for me, it has been the single most memorable cigar of the last year since trying the festival sample. No other cigar comes close, and no other cigar has been so high on my "must buy" list.
[Reply]
Up