Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>2010 Texas Cigar Festival @ Serious Cigars
tx_tuff 02:54 PM 04-26-2010
This just went down Saturday April 24th. I knew it would be a great event because of who was putting it on and everybody that was going to be there. It cost $100 and you got 20 cigars total (1 each from the vendors there), they had plenty of great food, and a open bar (I was drinking Woodford Reserve). The list of Vendors and who would be there was a whos who of cigars. The listed included EO Brands - Eddie Ortega, CAO Cigars, Rocky Patel - Rocky and Nish, Drew Estate - Jonathon Drew, Alec Bradley, Camacho - Christian Eiroa, Carlos Torano - Carlos Llaca, El Rey de los Habanos (Pepin)- Pepin, Jaime & Janny, EP Carillo - Ernesto and son Ernie, Nub/Cain - Sam Leccia, LFD - Litto Gomez, Perdomo - Arthur Kemper, Tatuaje - Pete Johnson, J Fuego - Jesus Fuego, Esteban Carreras - Craig Cunningham, Partagas - Benji Menendez, Xikar/HC - Kurt Van Keppel, Pardon - Orlando Padron, Reyes Family Cigars - Jose Ortega, Oliva - Dave Wagner, Ashton. Of and crashed by Dion Giolito (Illusione).

Yes the list was crazy. Ok best thing about the event was when you got there you got a bag with all your cigars already in it! Didn't have to run from table to table to get them. So there was plenty of time to walk around and really talk to these guys that make the cigars we love! I have spent some tim in the past with the likes of Eddie Ortega, and Sam Leccia along with a few of the reps there. These guys are great straight up people who love talking cigars or just BSing period with you. As alwasy it was great talking to them. I have also meet Pepin a couple times but was awesome to see the whole family there with him. Pepins, Pardons, and Carillo all had family there with them, to me having them work together and be a family is just awesome. I got to meet a few I have never before and talk to them. Of the guys I just meet Saturday two standout the most. Jonathon Drew and Dion Giolito. Had some good heart to heart talk with both this guys and how what they do means a great deal to the cigar business. What a blast!!

Before I bore y'all to bad here are some pics.

Texas Cigar Festival

Nub Cain F, Illusione Nosotros, and Dirty Rat by Drew Estate

Me and Sam Leccia

Me and Kurt Van Keppel

Me and Ernesto & Ernie Carillo
[Reply]
tx_tuff 02:57 PM 04-26-2010
Me and Benji Menendez

Me and Dion

Me and Christian Eiroa

Me and Pete

Me and Carlos Llaca
[Reply]
tx_tuff 03:01 PM 04-26-2010
Me and Craig Cunningham

Me with Rocky and Nish

Me and Jonathon Drew

Me and Jesus Fuego

Me and the Pepins
[Reply]
tx_tuff 03:03 PM 04-26-2010
Me and Litto Gomez

Me and Eddie Ortega
[Reply]
kydsid 03:17 PM 04-26-2010
Wish you had seen my posts on this earlier. Coulda had a smoke. The event was great, although some more seating would have been in order for 500+ people.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 03:20 PM 04-26-2010
Sorry Jason, I haven't been on the forums to much the last couple weeks. I didn't sit down till it was almost over, the wife wasn't to happy about that LOL.
[Reply]
kelmac07 04:47 PM 04-26-2010
Great pics Frank...thanks for sharing. Looks like a great time. That Cain F Nub and Dirty Rat look scrumptious!! :-) :-)
[Reply]
icehog3 04:55 PM 04-26-2010
Quite a line-up of awesome cigar makers, thanks for sharing the pics Frank.
[Reply]
Goldie 05:47 PM 04-26-2010
Looks like a good time for sure. Cool pics.

Is Dion really that tall? He looks like a giant.
[Reply]
whodeeni 06:10 PM 04-26-2010
sounds like a great time. Was the Padron family there and
Avo Uvezian?
[Reply]
ScottieM 08:24 PM 04-26-2010
Sweet! Looks like a good time! I'll be seeing most of those fellas this weekend at Cigarfest.

Thanks for Sharing!
[Reply]
Superbad 08:37 PM 04-26-2010
Looks like a great time.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 12:55 AM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by Goldie:
Looks like a good time for sure. Cool pics.

Is Dion really that tall? He looks like a giant.
Yes Dion is that tall! I'm 6 ft, don't know how tall he is but my neck was hurting LOL.
[Reply]
tx_tuff 01:00 AM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by whodeeni:
sounds like a great time. Was the Padron family there and
Avo Uvezian?
Orlando Padron was there with Padron Cigars. The wife was taking pictures with my BB. I guess she didn't do something right and I can't find the pic. But hey I keep her on her feet in high heels almost the whole time we where there so she did a great job!!! :-)

Avo wasn't there.
[Reply]
68TriShield 05:02 AM 04-27-2010
Awesome event! They don't do that stuff in the DC burbs.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 05:18 AM 04-27-2010
Sounds like good event, great line up! Thanks for sharing.
[Reply]
kydsid 05:41 AM 04-27-2010
Originally Posted by 68TriShield:
Awesome event! They don't do that stuff in the DC burbs.
Maybe not that big but yes they do Dave. And there are the sponsored events all year round in the area too. You live in one of the best places to go to events in this country. Just ask my girlfriend how much money I spent at events while living in NoVA. :-)
[Reply]
maninblack 07:00 AM 04-27-2010
Damn that looks like a great time!! And those cigars look tasty also.Glad you had a great time and met some of the greats in the cigar business.Very jealous.
[Reply]
Homebrewer 07:21 AM 04-27-2010
Wow! I knew nothing about this event, but I'd like to go next year. Might be worth the trip to Texas.
[Reply]
cigarz 12:05 PM 04-27-2010
Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing the pics!
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up