Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Discussion>Your home mixtures
CoffeeWaterBeer 09:49 AM 09-28-2014
In this thread, tell us about anything you've mixed at home whether intentional or just to consolidate several near empty tins.

About a year ago I stuffed a 16oz Jar with a bunch of random blends just to consolidate stock. Mostly VaPers with small traces of some Lat blends and a tiny bit of Motlo Dulce. I'm beginning to get an itch to open that sucker up and see what 12 months did to what's inside. In hindsight, I wish I had jarred in two containers so I could crack one and leave one for another year. Live and learn with this hobby.

Tell us about any home blends or "sweepings" you've done and how they turned out.
[Reply]
WaRevo 02:08 PM 09-28-2014
I wouldn't know what to do with 16oz of Tobacco. I know for sure I couldn't keep it for 12 months LOL. I buy to smoke. I have to admit that the only Tobacco I have left over a year is some Black Cav that I bought 2lbs of. I add to other tobaccos that I find don't like much to add flavor to make it smokeable LOL. At about the same time I bought the Black Cav I bought a box of 6 Captain Black Dark and even smoke all that already. Maybe next year I will slow down some on Smoking. Think next year I will just smoke more Cigars.

James
[Reply]
Subvet642 04:31 AM 10-05-2014
I've mentioned it before but I like Ashton Consummate Gentleman mixed about 50/50 with Peterson's Irish Flake.
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 11:57 AM 10-05-2014
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
I've mentioned it before but I like Ashton Consummate Gentleman mixed about 50/50 with Peterson's Irish Flake.
So, your talking 1 tin of ACG mixed with 1 tin of PIF correct? Sounds like an interesting blend Darren...
[Reply]
Subvet642 09:22 PM 10-05-2014
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
So, your talking 1 tin of ACG mixed with 1 tin of PIF correct? Sounds like an interesting blend Darren...
Yeah, basically. I don't really know what I'm doing but it seemed to me that the ACG needed a little more "oomph" and Irish Flake was just the ticket. :-)
[Reply]
MarkinAZ 10:53 PM 10-05-2014
Originally Posted by Subvet642:
Yeah, basically. I don't really know what I'm doing but it seemed to me that the ACG needed a little more "oomph" and Irish Flake was just the ticket. :-)
...:-):-)

Well, as long as its in the ball park, I guess that's what counts huh?:-)
[Reply]
Subvet642 11:23 PM 10-05-2014
Originally Posted by MarkinCA:
...:-):-)

Well, as long as its in the ball park, I guess that's what counts huh?:-)
For right now, it's really quite good but I suppose that'll change as I learn more and try more blends.
[Reply]
CoffeeWaterBeer 05:15 PM 11-28-2014
The current "open" jar is mostly VaPers with traces of Devils Holiday and a scant bit of GLP Lat blends, not to heavy on either side of aro or lat. It's an evolving blend.

The thing I like to do it to shake the jar, and take a deep whiff. if I think it could stand a bit more English, a bit more sweet, or just to come back to earth, I add whats needed, shake and leave it be.

I cant be the only one that dabble in the volatile. I fully understand and appreciate the heartbreak of hitting gold, never to be repeated, but it's a fun game to play.

btw, the original jar is still nicely sealed. It will be a treat one day down the road.

Edit, I'm surprised this hasn't taken off. Do you guys not mix for poops and giggles?
[Reply]
nutcracker 06:40 PM 02-03-2015
I have a tasty "dregs jar" - basically when I empty my tobacco pouch, or some won't fit in a mason jar. A few bits of misjudged carvings off kakes.

Variable, always interesting....
[Reply]
Up