Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Thoughts on mail day.
76GTFan 03:52 PM 06-22-2011
Just wanted to share the enjoyment of waiting for the mail, knowing your goodies are en route. Whats even better is when you lose control and make multiple purchases. You know the deals you just can't pass up?:-)

Then you have day after day lined up of cigars coming in the mail. It's almost like your own fan mail. This has been a great week!:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 05:42 PM 06-22-2011
I love waiting for the mail man when I know something is coming. My wife laughs because I curse him as I open the door every five minutes waiting for the truck to roll up. :-) :-)
[Reply]
Bill86 05:48 PM 06-22-2011
I agree, I love waking up and getting the mail (1:00pm ISH, fat lazy stupid mail lady) and finding stuff I ordered weeks ago.
[Reply]
688sonarmen 06:07 PM 06-22-2011
Yes, packages in the mail make the work day a bit better. My new mailman is cool to, met him at the door with packages in hand and he says "Here are your cigars Chief" :-)
[Reply]
bigell 06:30 PM 06-22-2011
Yep, I order from Famous or CI before 3oclock, and my smokes are at my crib the next day..... UPS baby......!!!!!
[Reply]
DaBear 06:30 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by Bill86:
I agree, I love waking up and getting the mail (1:00pm ISH, fat lazy stupid mail lady) and finding stuff I ordered weeks ago.
Better than our mailman, he shows up within 5 minutes of 3:50 every day
[Reply]
Cornrow_Wallis 06:40 PM 06-22-2011
Originally Posted by DaBear:
Better than our mailman, he shows up within 5 minutes of 3:50 every day
Gotta love the consistency. My mail will show up anywhere between about 11am and 4pm.
[Reply]
Stinky 09:36 PM 06-22-2011
I'm old . . . file the order . . . forget . . . and experience a nice surprise when cigars show up! Then, I remember . . . "Oh yeah! I ordered these last week!" It's better this way!
[Reply]
lbowles2 07:17 AM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by Stinky:
I'm old . . . file the order . . . forget . . . and experience a nice surprise when cigars show up! Then, I remember . . . "Oh yeah! I ordered these last week!" It's better this way!
Done that a couple times myself... :-)
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:23 AM 06-23-2011
I am all over this thread. I actually posted my order in a new thread because I am excited to get my order. I just hope I get off work and get home before my wife does, I went a little bit over board on accident.
Finally gonna have a torch, well two actually. I have been using wood matches for the last few weeks, what a pain outdoors.

Here is my order if you care to see:
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=46758
[Reply]
neoflex 07:54 AM 06-23-2011
The worst is when you know something should be there and than they're not. Also, since moving to NC I have experienced this weird phenomenon which is the mail man sometimes decides he's not delivering mail on random days. Always seems to happen when I am either waiting on cigars or checks from clients.
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 07:58 AM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by neoflex:
The worst is when you know something should be there and than they're not. Also, since moving to NC I have experienced this weird phenomenon which is the mail man sometimes decides he's not delivering mail on random days. Always seems to happen when I am either waiting on cigars or checks from clients.
Checks from clients can wait, but cigars:-)

Last week I got my first related shipment through UPS.
I waited all day, even put a note on the door saying "You may leave the package on the porch". I checked the porch like 100 times.
Finally gave up and went into the garage to leave and there was my package. I had left the garage open and the delivery driver put it inside. Surprised me!
[Reply]
AtlantaDave 08:37 AM 06-23-2011
Great thread!

Yup, for me no matter the size of the order (just a 5 stick sampler or a late night alcohol induced bidding order), it seems like a mini-Christmas every time.
[Reply]
big a 09:13 AM 06-23-2011
The other day i got a nice big bill.... than some cigars to make it all better :-)
[Reply]
Davis 09:16 AM 06-23-2011
If its UPS, I find myself checking the tracking information every hour or so, like it will magically show up even the day before its scheduled!
[Reply]
Blak Smyth 09:19 AM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by Davis:
If its UPS, I find myself checking the tracking information every hour or so, like it will magically show up even the day before its scheduled!
I do the same thing, expecting to see "Out for delivery" change to "I'm standing behind you" or something.
[Reply]
jesseboston81 09:29 AM 06-23-2011
I find that receiving international packages is even more exciting, since you know it's coming but you don't get a tracking number and it becomes a happy surprise on the day it arrives. Also, once the package is received it eliminates any worries or nervousness--a major WHEW!
[Reply]
pektel 09:32 AM 06-23-2011
I used to love mail day. Haven't ordered anything for a good month or two. Saving for a much needed vacation, so no purchases until the lcdh at wherever my destination happens to be. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
AtlantaDave 01:04 PM 06-23-2011
Originally Posted by pektel:
I used to love mail day. Haven't ordered anything for a good month or two. Saving for a much needed vacation, so no purchases until the lcdh at wherever my destination happens to be. :-)
Posted via Mobile Device

That's alot of discipline! I go a week without clicking a "BUY" icon and I go into withdrawals.
[Reply]
pektel 05:42 PM 06-23-2011
My mantra so far has been "blue water. White sand." it's worked so far...
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up