Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
All Cigar Discussion>Where to buy stogies in Ybor City, Fla?
Bad Finger 12:26 PM 06-16-2011
My wife is taking a trip to visit our moms in Alabama and Florida next week and is making a special trip into Ybor City for me to score some Yum Yum Sticks, but I haven't a clue as where to send her. Can some of you maybe recommend me a good quality shop that won't rip off a cute and young blonde?

I'm thinking I'm looking for a few Anejos, and some smaller batch stuff I might not find out here on the West Coast (Oregon). I have a hard time finding Viaje and Tat "special" stuff here, and would love to try more.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
[Reply]
bobarian 12:37 PM 06-16-2011
For Anejo's and OpusX, the best place would be the Fuente factory. http://www.tampasweetheart.com/
[Reply]
Ogre 12:38 PM 06-16-2011
Originally Posted by bobarian:
For Anejo's and OpusX, the best place would be the Fuente factory. http://www.tampasweetheart.com/
:-)
[Reply]
Ogre 12:39 PM 06-16-2011
If you want an actual B&M I would recommend King Corona on 7th.
[Reply]
Bad Finger 12:48 PM 06-16-2011
Perfect. Thanks for the help fellas.
[Reply]
Bad Finger 10:15 PM 06-16-2011
So, if Tampa Sweethearts is a Fuente store, and shes going there next week, what do you think the chances are of her finding something unique or rare? Is there anything new for this year from them I should have her look for?
[Reply]
baddevildog82 11:09 AM 06-17-2011
Not sure what you mean by rare, but you will find just about everything that they list on their website. Opus, Anejo, Hemingway Maduro's, Probably Lost City Opus, and some gift sets.

My advise is to have her call you when she is there and tell you what they have in stock.
[Reply]
bobarian 11:27 AM 06-17-2011
You can email TS for a list of HTF sticks they are selling online or give them a call.
[Reply]
Ogre 01:51 PM 06-17-2011
They usually have a good selection of the HTF Fuentes.
[Reply]
The Poet 02:11 PM 06-17-2011
OK, somebody has to say it, so I'll bite the bullet . . . Thompson's. :-)

Hey, I have no shame, and very little pride. :-)
[Reply]
Coach Deg 02:25 PM 06-17-2011
Tampa Sweethearts is great. If she goes in and says I want to suprise my husband with some HTF she will drop a few hundred on a few sticks. PM me your email addy and I will foward one of their HTF email specials to you.

King Corona on 7th nice place.

The local hand rolleds in Tampa are very hit and miss. Sometimes you think its the best cigar you ever had and sometimes you throw them away.

Tampa Humidor now carries the Julus Ceaser very good stick by Cuesta Rey.

I was in my B&M yesterday and they have some Anejo's for $12 and $13 a stick ( cheaper then Tampa Sweethearts).

PS In store Thompsons is nothing like the catolog. The instore guys are great. Sticks are fresh and prices aren't to bad. I stop in when around there to pick up a stick or two.
[Reply]
Bad Finger 03:58 PM 06-17-2011
Originally Posted by Coach Deg:
Tampa Sweethearts is great. If she goes in and says I want to suprise my husband with some HTF she will drop a few hundred on a few sticks. PM me your email addy and I will foward one of their HTF email specials to you.

King Corona on 7th nice place.

The local hand rolleds in Tampa are very hit and miss. Sometimes you think its the best cigar you ever had and sometimes you throw them away.

Tampa Humidor now carries the Julus Ceaser very good stick by Cuesta Rey.

I was in my B&M yesterday and they have some Anejo's for $12 and $13 a stick ( cheaper then Tampa Sweethearts).

PS In store Thompsons is nothing like the catolog. The instore guys are great. Sticks are fresh and prices aren't to bad. I stop in when around there to pick up a stick or two.
Thanks Coach. PM sent.
[Reply]
Ogre 04:50 PM 06-17-2011
When is she going to be in Ybor. If I am free that day I could meet up with here and help her out.
[Reply]
Bad Finger 05:04 PM 06-17-2011
I'm not actually sure Ogre. I think shes planning on going whenever she gets free time away from the beach. Shes headed to Alabama first to visit her mom, then off to Tampa for mine. She leaves on the 22nd, but I have very little knowlege of her itenerary at the moment. Thanks for the offer!
[Reply]
Coach Deg 06:04 PM 06-17-2011
Email sent
[Reply]
Up