Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
All Cigar Discussion>Droid cigar app
Research-Colin 05:35 PM 10-29-2010
An Android version of MobileStogie is in development. Should be ready in a couple months.
[Reply]
colimo 11:23 PM 10-29-2010
Originally Posted by Research-Colin:
An Android version of MobileStogie is in development. Should be ready in a couple months.
hurry!!! can't wait
[Reply]
rizzle 08:29 AM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by Research-Colin:
Cool. Keep us posted, please.
[Reply]
smokinpeace 08:40 AM 11-01-2010
Very good news.
[Reply]
Research-Colin 01:38 PM 11-01-2010
I will.
[Reply]
mtnphoto 04:57 PM 11-01-2010
I checked out the web site and the MobileStogie app looks good.

:-)Been using CigarAssist but don't like that I can't sort my humidor items and it does not list it alphabetically. It just throws them in there and you have to scroll down until you find what you want.
[Reply]
CRIMPS 04:57 PM 11-05-2010
Check out RateMyCigar!

Overall, I am quite happy with this app. I can deplete my list easily when selecting a cigar to smoke for the night. You can Import in via CSV and entering in new cigars is painless. I did notice, though that there isn't a great search feature. Scrolling through the list is fast, though. However, I don't have thousands of cigars...

I have a physical keyboard. I would like to see the shortcuts work. So, pressing 'P' should drill down to the Cigars starting with 'P' (Padilla, etc.).

Z
[Reply]
CRIMPS 04:59 PM 11-05-2010
Originally Posted by Jenady:
Crimps,

I am looking forward to your results.
I had to do a decent amount of work to get my spreadsheet set up for being able to import in.

But, once the spreadsheet was set up... the import worked flawlessly. I ended up rooting my phone and installing a custom ROM so I had backed up my Cigar DB and ended up importing in the full list again. No problems whatsoever.
:-)
[Reply]
CRIMPS 07:51 PM 11-30-2010
A few more enhancement requests for RateMyCigar (and any other Cigar App developers lurking...).

As I continue to add more cigars, I find it quite cumbersome to search for existing entries. For instance, if I receive a 5 Vegas 'A', I can scroll down through my list and replenish the stock. There are two problems with this.

First, the sort only offers you two choices. You can sort by the Cigar rating (I haven't tried half of the cigars in my humidor, therefore, many aren't rated yet) or by the Quantity. There is no sort by the Brand. Lets say I stock a hundred different cigars. I have to actually slowly scroll through the list looking for a previously entered cigar. For the majority of the users on this board, this isn't a viable option.

Second, there is no search functionality (briefly mentioned this in a previous post). If I miss this cigar while scrolling through the entire humidor, I then enter in a duplicate entry. I would prefer to simply replenish the original entry.

I would say the Sort by Brand and Search functionality is probably the most significant enhancement needed.

I will probably send this on to the Developer, but thought I would go ahead and share with others here as well.

I am interested in comparing this to MobileStogie... whenever this becomes available.
[Reply]
Knip23 07:57 PM 11-30-2010
What I would like it to be is like a mobil CA, with a couple twists, You can have an inventory of your cigars on it. and You can up load Pictures to it just like face book. And PM's come to you just like a Text message. Was just seeing if anyone had any clue on how to help with the programing. If anyone is even intrested in it.

Knip.
[Reply]
Don Fernando 06:15 AM 12-01-2010
there is a great 'cigar cutter' app for the droid
[Reply]
E.J. 10:26 AM 06-05-2011
Bringing up an old thread, but figured that since I just got a "real phone" as Mike would put it, I may want to install a few apps.

Anything new to add to this thread anyone?
[Reply]
Cigahs 02:05 PM 06-05-2011
Cigar Monster has a Droid app.
[Reply]
Tripple 7's 02:40 PM 06-05-2011
When it comes to Droid cigar apps I just did my homework and it looks like it's down to Cigar Assist or Rate My Cigar. Rte My Cigar comes out on top but I'm looking for someone that has it to let me know what they think.
[Reply]
jsnake 09:40 PM 06-05-2011
I need to download one so I can get organized. I have cigars everywhere.
[Reply]
nayslayer 07:41 PM 06-06-2011
Rate my Cigar has really come a long way. It would be my pick. I tried Cigar Assist a long time back and didn't care for it. Not sure how it has progressed since then.
[Reply]
LUCY1108 03:23 AM 06-12-2011
Originally Posted by Cigahs:
Cigar Monster has a Droid app.
I really like the Cigar Monster app I think it is better then their normal site. Super easy to use, order from, and is quick to load!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up