Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Island (The other ones) Reviews>Diesel d.10th robusto
borndead1 08:43 PM 12-28-2023
I've tried a few of the Diesel lines over the years, and they've been hit or miss for me, and even the hits weren't good enough for me to build a stockpile of (which is apparently what I do when I really like a cigar). To be honest, there are so many Diesels that I kinda wrote the whole 'Diesel' name off as a CI bargain brand. But a little internet research taught me that I shouldn't have done that.

I got a 5 pack of these at some point within the last few years. I know it has been quite a while, cuz these have a 52 rg and I decided quite a while ago that I was no longer buying anything over 50.

Um...WOW. This is a surprisingly great cigar! To me it tastes A LOT like a Liga Privada #9 with a bit more spice through the nose. No major twists and turns flavor-wise, but daaaaamn what a tasty smoke this was. Solid medium 'strength'. A few burn corrections throughout the cigar, but when a cigar tastes this good, IDGAF.

Off to C-Bid I go, to stockpile some torpedoes! :-)
[Reply]
Porch Dweller 06:46 AM 12-29-2023
Good review, and nice to see some Diesel love. :-) I really enjoy the d.10, d.x, Unholy Cocktail, and the Diesel Corona. All are damned solid smokes and are a constant presence in my Aristocrat.
[Reply]
NCRadioMan 08:27 AM 12-29-2023
It's hard for AJ to make a bad one. This is a re-creation of the very first Diesel blend. II agree, it's really good. Makes we wonder why this blend was shelved for so long. I also like the Unholy Cocktails and the Unlimited line.
[Reply]
icehog3 09:26 AM 12-30-2023
Appreciate the review and the recommendation, Mark!
[Reply]
borndead1 10:10 PM 01-01-2024
I smoked another one of my well-rested five pack tonight. It was so good that I'm looking at my cabinet playing mental Tetris figuring out how to fit a box.

No joke. Great smoke.
[Reply]
Weelok 04:52 AM 01-02-2024
Hah, yeah. How to fit new cigars? I always liked the unholy cocktail. Been a while but this review brought back fond memories.

Originally Posted by borndead1:
I smoked another one of my well-rested five pack tonight. It was so good that I'm looking at my cabinet playing mental Tetris figuring out how to fit a box.

No joke. Great smoke.

[Reply]
Up