Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>LinkedIn
forgop 10:01 AM 11-15-2011
Has anyone ever successfully unsubscribed from LinkedIn? I've gone through the process of deleting my account, but because all sorts of people I've emailed or whatever, I keep getting these updates. I even went through last week and asked for my email addresses to be put on the do not contact list , yet they still come in.

I'm beginning to think it's as easy to hide from Sallie Mae to hide from paying off my student loans as it is to stop receiving these emails.
[Reply]
sevans105 10:13 AM 11-15-2011
the easiest way to avoid getting emails from them is to login and change your email address on record. just go to gmail or hotmail and create a new email address, then change your account email to the new email address. it doesn't eliminate them sending emails but it does change where they go to.
[Reply]
forgop 12:29 PM 11-15-2011
Originally Posted by sevans105:
the easiest way to avoid getting emails from them is to login and change your email address on record. just go to gmail or hotmail and create a new email address, then change your account email to the new email address. it doesn't eliminate them sending emails but it does change where they go to.
The problem is that I don't even have an account with LinkedIn. I get an email every week with a list of all of these people I know showing up. It's as though they sign up and import all of their friends accounts with an invite to join their network and the cycle never freaking ends, even after trying to go on the do not contact list.
[Reply]
Steve 12:33 PM 11-15-2011
Mark linked-in as spam or create a filter in your e-mail client that sends anything from linked-in directly to you trash bin.

My :-)
[Reply]
VirtualSmitty 12:46 PM 11-15-2011
Who cares, its just an email. Mark it as spam and move along.
[Reply]
Up