Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
General Discussion>Suggestions for B&M's on Xmas road trip
Angry_Pirate 05:55 PM 10-23-2011
Going on an after X-mas road trip to the following cities and would like some input on B&M's to stop at in the following cities: Nashville,TN Memphis,TN Little Rock,AR Dallas,TX also cruising through Oklahoma,Louisiana, and Alabama. Thanks for any help!!
[Reply]
Thaplumbr 06:17 PM 10-23-2011
when your in little rock check out the pipe and tobacco shop on university:-)
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 01:50 PM 11-06-2011
Bump for more suggestions, Nashville is covered.
[Reply]
Boz 08:21 PM 11-06-2011
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate:
Bump for more suggestions, Nashville is covered.
Where are ya going?
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 08:31 PM 11-06-2011
Originally Posted by Angry_Pirate:
Going on an after X-mas road trip to the following cities and would like some input on B&M's to stop at in the following cities: Nashville,TN Memphis,TN Little Rock,AR Dallas,TX also cruising through Oklahoma,Louisiana, and Alabama. Thanks for any help!!
Memphis,TN Little Rock,AR Dallas,TX also cruising through Louisiana, and Alabama
[Reply]
Boz 08:34 PM 11-06-2011
You said Nashville is covered. Where will you be going?
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 08:49 PM 11-06-2011
Originally Posted by Boz:
You said Nashville is covered. Where will you be going?
Oh! Sorry, I saw another thread where timj219 was asking about Nashville shops. From what I gather from that thread it sounds like Uptown, Belle Meade and Smoke and Ale are the best option. We will only be there 1 day after xmas so I will probably just grab and go. I like Tats,Viajes and Opus X, if you can point me to the shop that carries the best selection of these it will be greatly appreciated!! :-)
[Reply]
Boz 10:17 PM 11-06-2011
Viajes I dont know. I need to check around for the Opus. Stogies in Cool Springs had a big selection but were sold out the last time I was in there. :-) Belle Meade was one of the unlucky 13 or whatever that had a large supply of the Tat Wolfman so I know they have a big selection of Tats. Uptowns also has a pretty good selection of Tats. I picked up an Avion last time I was in there but they also had the Fausto and quite a few others. Since you wont be here till Christmas, I'll do some checking around and let you know. :-)
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 10:24 PM 11-06-2011
Thanks William!! That will help alot since the wife and I will be there for a only a day! Any suggestions for local non-chain restaurants?
[Reply]
MedicCook 10:29 PM 11-06-2011
If you get lost and find yourself in Albany NY go to Habana Premium. :-)
[Reply]
Boz 10:36 PM 11-06-2011
There's a tiny Italian place off of the I65 and Harding Pl exit called Mama Mia's. My wife and I go there and love it. You can bring your own bottle of wine and they will uncork it and pour it (I think they charge a $5 or so fee for that though). Then there's Demos'. They have 4 locations but only in middle Tn. so not really a chain. It's a steakhouse and I absolutely love this place. I'm not sure where you'll be staying but there is a location in downtown Nashville. I'll see if my wife can think of any more and get back to you. :-)
[Reply]
Boz 05:05 PM 11-11-2011
I cant believe I forgot these.
Mafiaoza's on 12th.
Burger Up on 12th.
P.M. Nashville on Belmont.
[Reply]
jcruse64 07:28 PM 11-11-2011
Uptown's. Then go to Jimmy Kelley's to eat.
[Reply]
Boz 07:33 PM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by jcruse64:
Uptown's. Then go to Jimmy Kelley's to eat.
I don't remember being impressed enough to go back there. :-) Maybe I need to give it another shot.
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 08:08 PM 11-11-2011
Originally Posted by MedicCook:
If you get lost and find yourself in Albany NY go to Habana Premium. :-)
Might be headed that way in the fall. I will keep it in mind.
[Reply]
Angry_Pirate 08:22 PM 11-11-2011
Thanks for the suggestions guys!
[Reply]
jcruse64 12:25 PM 11-12-2011
Originally Posted by Boz:
I don't remember being impressed enough to go back there. :-) Maybe I need to give it another shot.
Uptown's, or JK's?

Only been to both a couple of times or so, and enjoyed it. I will say JK's is a little expensive.
[Reply]
Boz 12:32 PM 11-12-2011
Originally Posted by jcruse64:
Uptown's, or JK's?

Only been to both a couple of times or so, and enjoyed it. I will say JK's is a little expensive.
Sorry, JK's. I dont mind paying the price, I just didnt think they were worth it. Like I said though, maybe I need to give them a second chance. Could've been a bad night for the chef or a bad night for my palette.
[Reply]
Up