Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Accessory Discussion / Reviews>A few first humidor questions
Doctorossi 12:53 PM 08-13-2009
Originally Posted by prophetnoir:
cautious abandon
That, sir, is a most appropriate phrase. :-)
[Reply]
Dux 12:56 PM 08-13-2009
Should be ok with just a Tube of beads from Heartfelt
[Reply]
Volt 12:57 PM 08-13-2009
I'm a firm believer in Scott's beads. I usually go 20% over the recommended amount on the beads in any humi and have found the fuller the humi the steadier the RH will stay. Even keeping some smaller empty wood cigar boxes is better than dead space.

I hat a wet and bad burning cigar - I prefer 65% for mine over the 70% that most sites seem to recommend, you might want to play around a bit to see where you like your RH at.
[Reply]
prophetnoir 01:16 PM 08-13-2009
Originally Posted by Volt:
I'm a firm believer in Scott's beads. I usually go 20% over the recommended amount on the beads in any humi and have found the fuller the humi the steadier the RH will stay. Even keeping some smaller empty wood cigar boxes is better than dead space.

I hat a wet and bad burning cigar - I prefer 65% for mine over the 70% that most sites seem to recommend, you might want to play around a bit to see where you like your RH at.
Thanks Volt. One of my concerns has to do with the amount of 'dead space' in my humidor. I have about 35 sticks right now and the capacity of my humidor is listed at 125 which I figure to mean about 100 of my preferred size. I will surely accumulate more over time, but if I can add something else to act as a filler until then, then things should be fin according to your advice.
[Reply]
Dux 01:35 PM 08-13-2009
Thanks Volt. One of my concerns has to do with the amount of 'dead space' in my humidor. I have about 35 sticks right now and the capacity of my humidor is listed at 125 which I figure to mean about 100 of my preferred size. I will surely accumulate more over time, but if I can add something else to act as a filler until then, then things should be fin according to your advice.
Dont worry you have something coming in the mail :-)
[Reply]
prophetnoir 03:56 PM 08-13-2009
Originally Posted by Dux:
Dont worry you have something coming in the mail :-)
Again Doug, many, many thanks!
:-)
[Reply]
big a 04:50 PM 08-13-2009
Again Doug, many, many thanks!
:-)
You cant go wrong with CA, some of the best B/SOTLs you will ever know. But you might want to start looking for another humidor :-)
[Reply]
prophetnoir 05:33 PM 08-13-2009
Originally Posted by big a:
You cant go wrong with CA, some of the best B/SOTLs you will ever know. But you might want to start looking for another humidor :-)
I'd rather HERF what I can't store. :-)
[Reply]
Dux 06:55 PM 08-13-2009
I'd rather HERF what I can't store. :-)
We can arrange that :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up