Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>What do you smoke when it's hot as F'ck???
whodeeni 11:16 AM 05-23-2010
I'm outside smoking a gurkha legend toro... surprisingly very tasty and i'm
chasing it off with a mix of green rooibos and yerba mate tea!

I'm starting to think that the toro is a little to big of a vitola for a hot ass
day like today. What do you fella's think?
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 11:18 AM 05-23-2010
I tend to smoke a robusto or shorter mild smoke. That or a pipe goes nicely for a lazy sunday.
[Reply]
Cigary 11:21 AM 05-23-2010
I hear ya...gonna be warm here in the Atlanta area today. We live in a nice cool place with lots of the Georgia Pine Trees that shade our patio deck so I am going to put some beer in the freezer until it just gets those ice crystals going...put a few in an ice bucket with some limes and sit in the shade watching some golf and smoke a couple of good cigars.
[Reply]
kgraybill 11:23 AM 05-23-2010
We are just lucky that the humidity is low enough some outside.
I'm fairly close to the b & m in Stockbridge so I go there to smoke on real hot and humid days.
[Reply]
76GTFan 11:27 AM 05-23-2010
HA!! Sure are alot of GA posters on this subject. And yes it is going to be hot today. Still putting off the grass until the evening, then will finish the night on the porch with a smoke.
[Reply]
Blueface 11:30 AM 05-23-2010
Well,
When you live in South Florida, you learn to smoke when it is hot or you don't smoke at all.
I smoke anything I like.
[Reply]
whodeeni 11:35 AM 05-23-2010
Sounds good gary... I have pine trees in my backyard, but none close enough to provide shade on the patio. I should take a picture of how I have my picture positioned and im sitting right next to the wall to be in the shade! *SMH*

Originally Posted by Cigary:
I hear ya...gonna be warm here in the Atlanta area today. We live in a nice cool place with lots of the Georgia Pine Trees that shade our patio deck so I am going to put some beer in the freezer until it just gets those ice crystals going...put a few in an ice bucket with some limes and sit in the shade watching some golf and smoke a couple of good cigars.

[Reply]
Ashcan Bill 11:37 AM 05-23-2010
Originally Posted by Blueface:
I smoke anything I like.
Same here. I don't even kick the patio ceiling fan on until it hits 100. :-)

Last summer, if I recall, we had seven straight weeks when it hit between 100-110 every day. I can deal with the heat - it's the cold that gets me.
[Reply]
Cigary 11:44 AM 05-23-2010
It's days like today or esp. when it gets into August and Sept. here in Ga. that I wonder why I'm not back in San Diego? Oh, I know why because I am renting the place out now and wish I hadn't done that. Next year I'm taking it back and living there when it is summer here in Hotlanta!
[Reply]
MiamiE 11:51 AM 05-23-2010
A nice menthol grit.
[Reply]
whodeeni 12:07 PM 05-23-2010
What's a Grit Erick?:-)

Originally Posted by MiamiE:
A nice menthol grit.

[Reply]
MiamiE 12:15 PM 05-23-2010
A cigarette! :-)
[Reply]
alwayslit 12:55 PM 05-23-2010
If it's 95 or above I'll stay away from full power smokes.
[Reply]
Adriftpanda 01:28 PM 05-23-2010
I can't stand the heat, if it's hot, I just won't smoke. Why am I going to put myself through that torture?

SacramentoBrad is a great story about this... I hope he chimes in. Hahahahahaah
[Reply]
JJG 01:56 PM 05-23-2010
PC is my size. I don't have a particular smoke, but when it's hot, (as it often is in Houston), I prefer light beer and smooth cigars. nothing too bitter or heavy. I also switch from buying scotch to vodka, and bratwurst to hot dogs on the grill.
[Reply]
whodeeni 02:33 PM 05-23-2010
Sounds great Jeff,

My meat of choice is Homemade venison sausage!:-) and I just bought
a 30pack of Budweiser Select Last night!:-)

Originally Posted by JJG:
PC is my size. I don't have a particular smoke, but when it's hot, (as it often is in Houston), I prefer light beer and smooth cigars. nothing too bitter or heavy. I also switch from buying scotch to vodka, and bratwurst to hot dogs on the grill.

[Reply]
JJG 02:52 PM 05-23-2010
mmm, we have a ton of Whitetail in south Texas. I'm no grill expert but slow and low seems to do the trick every time. I'm jealous!
[Reply]
Cygnus X1 02:58 PM 05-23-2010
New guy reporting in...

Similar here in the middle of South Carolina.
Humid, not too hot but the air is heavy.

Picked out a Trinity and decided it would be too much
for the heat so I am going to settle on a Fuente Gran Reserva Maduro.A little beefy, but not as much as the Trinity.
Along with some very chilly Yuengling Lager in a frosted pint glass!
[Reply]
whodeeni 03:01 PM 05-23-2010
Welcome Cygnus! Make sure to do a thread in the
Newbie section!

What is a Trinity Brotha? Never heard of that one and
Yuengling is a great cheap choice for a beer! 3.00 a
pint at the pizza place i used to frequent last year!

Originally Posted by Cygnus X1:
New guy reporting in...

Similar here in the middle of South Carolina.
Humid, not too hot but the air is heavy.

Picked out a Trinity and decided it would be too much
for the heat so I am going to settle on a Fuente Gran Reserva Maduro.A little beefy, but not as much as the Trinity.
Along with some very chilly Yuengling Lager in a frosted pint glass!

[Reply]
smokin5 03:04 PM 05-23-2010
H3ll, come to Arizona in late June.
You don't even need a lighter, 'cause your
cigar will spontaneously combust. :-)

I smoke any size I have the time for.
And I have a lot of time.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up