Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
All Cigar Discussion>Sweet Cigar
viljedi 03:06 PM 05-17-2010
Hello All

I am a new cigar smoker and have been trying everyone I can get my hands on. I am wanting to try a "sweet" cigar and a true full bodied cigar. I want to give opposite ends of the spectrum a taste so I can get a foothold. All suggestions appreciated.

Thank you

Al
[Reply]
jjirons69 03:13 PM 05-17-2010
I think the closest to sweet would be a maduro. While not "sweet", it's kind of the opposite of the dry flavors of some light Conn wrapper. The sweetest cigar I can think (why I really enjoy) is the Curly Head Deluxe maduro. They're cheap mixed fillers. The perfect golfing, fishing, or yard gar.
[Reply]
kelmac07 03:18 PM 05-17-2010
Or the Arturo Fuente Cuban Corona Maduro...while not full bodied (more light medium) but very sweet. Some Tampa Sweetheart Maduros #500 are nice as well.
[Reply]
BryanB 03:24 PM 05-17-2010
Try a Bacarat. They are sweet if you want sweet. Try a LFD DL for a full body.
[Reply]
The Poet 03:32 PM 05-17-2010
El Rey del Mundo Reserva Salado maduro from Honduras, but get them soon. The Villazon factory that DID make them recently closed, so they may not be as "sweet" in the future.
[Reply]
DropTheE 03:35 PM 05-17-2010
If you are into sweet infused, you might get into the ACID cigars. ACID 5 is a pretty good cigar but if you want strong, ACID blue line 1400 CC TUBO has claimed to be very strong.
I have smoked ACID's before, if you want sweet, that will give you sweet. VERY infused flavor, not a sweet n low taste.
ACID is kinda the gourmet of flavor infused stuff, they have some coffee infused stuff that in moderation is ok. I know people who just love the ACID line land smoke them like they are going outta style.
Ask your local tobacconist or get some singles over on bid sites.
[Reply]
DocLogic77 05:55 PM 05-17-2010
I think the AF Hemingway short story is sweet to my palate.
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 06:01 PM 05-17-2010
I tasted a Kuba Kuba once and it was like sugar perfume. I remeber I wrote in my little book it tasted like I licked the perfume covered neck of a sugar cover old lady.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Emjaysmash 06:08 PM 05-17-2010
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
I tasted a Kuba Kuba once and it was like sugar perfume. I remeber I wrote in my little book it tasted like I licked the perfume covered neck of a sugar cover old lady.
Posted via Mobile Device
:-)

:-)
[Reply]
kelmac07 06:49 PM 05-17-2010
Originally Posted by leasingthisspace:
Posted via Mobile Device
Tabb...what are you doing licking old lady's necks?? :-) :-)
[Reply]
leasingthisspace 07:09 PM 05-17-2010
Old ladies need love too. I have haven't been married my whole life.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
maninblack 07:46 PM 05-17-2010
Cuban Honey's are pretty sweet. CAO makes some flavoured cigars that might be to your liking. For a fuller bodied smoke, try a Diesel, MOW, LFD, JdN Antano, or a Cain F.
[Reply]
Tuxguy 09:40 PM 05-17-2010
AF Roseado
[Reply]
JohnE1000 12:46 PM 05-18-2010
Cruzado, not sweet but has some good flavors
[Reply]
Kreth 12:58 PM 05-18-2010
I'm smoking a La Vieja Habana Corojo right now and it has a nice, sweet flavor to it, but not infused. The Tabak Especial Negra (also from Drew Estates) is pretty decent, but I think it would be a much better smoke without the sweetened cap.
For stronger stuff: MoW Ruination, Cain, CAO Brazilia, most DPG blends.
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
Don Fernando 01:29 PM 05-18-2010
Flor de Oliva, sweet and quite full bodied.
[Reply]
KenyanSandBoa 03:31 PM 05-18-2010
I've found most of the cheaper grand reserva Fuentes pretty sweet, like the 858. As for full bodied, you can't go wrong with a man o war or a cain...or can you?
Posted via Mobile Device
[Reply]
68TriShield 03:38 PM 05-18-2010
Macanudo Gold
[Reply]
naamanf 04:35 PM 05-18-2010
Maybe try the CI Drew Estates Legend. Has a sweet cap but isn't infused.
[Reply]
viljedi 12:07 AM 05-22-2010
Originally Posted by maninblack:
Cuban Honey's are pretty sweet. CAO makes some flavoured cigars that might be to your liking. For a fuller bodied smoke, try a Diesel, MOW, LFD, JdN Antano, or a Cain F.
My brother has been trying to get me to smoke a Diesel - he keeps ranting about how good they are. We were at the Club Humidor earlier this evening and he asked if they carried them, but they never heard of them. Who makes them? Reason i ask is they asked us and we didn't have a clue.

Thanks for all the responses. I'll make notes and start searching online.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up