Cigar Asylum Cigar Forum Mobile
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
All Cigar Discussion>B & M vs. Internet?
Volusianator 11:40 PM 05-24-2010
Originally Posted by Superbad:
but if I don't listen to his schpiel then I don't find out about the good stuff he has hidden away.
That would be an issue for me. If a retailer is hoarding his "good stuff", I'd think twice about doing business with him. In addition, I'd tell him exactly that as well.
[Reply]
Chris. 10:47 AM 05-25-2010
I agree. Although the only b&m near me that carries opus keeps them in a special spot that u need to know about. They don't really tell people unless they specifically ask. Prolly cuz they have purchase limits.
[Reply]
Volusianator 11:02 AM 05-25-2010
Originally Posted by Chris.:
I agree. Although the only b&m near me that carries opus keeps them in a special spot that u need to know about. They don't really tell people unless they specifically ask. Prolly cuz they have purchase limits.
We put ours out on the shelves right next to the other Fuente products. A simple sign that states a limit of two per day is enough to ensure that everyone gets a chance. Well, except for our last shipment when one of our newer employees sold an entire box to one guy. I'm sure he left there thinking, "score"!
[Reply]
T.G 11:25 AM 05-25-2010
Originally Posted by Chris.:

Word.
[Reply]
Chris. 01:40 PM 05-25-2010
I don't see a problem with buying the whole box. IMO the retailer should try to push for more boxes. Sure it sucks if u dont get there in time to pick up a couple but that's life. Live and learn and bring yo ass in sooner. Lol
[Reply]
E-Tx Surveyor 09:30 PM 05-30-2010
I love supporting my local economy, but the price difference between my local shop and the internet for cigars is pretty steep. I've yet to buy a box or more than 5 sticks at one time, but when it comes time I'll use the internet.

The price difference between some humidors I've seen is even more steep. The cheapest I found at my shop was north of $150.
[Reply]
Ahbroody 09:42 PM 05-30-2010
I buy singles at the local B&M because I like to go there and hang out. I find it disrespectful to go to a shop and use their facility and not give them money. Its a business and if you like it you need to support it. Plain and simple if you are going to use a shop to hangout and relax buy something. To not do so is wrong. Hes not open so you can watch his tv use his leather chairs for free. If everyone or a majority of persons did this he would go out of business fast.

That said Cali taxes are crazy and I can see box, well that and the fact I only seem to buy boxes that they cant sell here. Never mention internet smokes to a owner. A shop employee maybe, depending on relationship.
[Reply]
MetalBender 10:09 PM 05-30-2010
I use both. I stock up online of sticks I know I like. And I stop by most any cigar shop I come across when time allows just to take a look. I enjoy taking day trips to B&M's to find new locations and new smokes. Living a the rural midwest this can be a real adventure.

Oh and BTW in case nobody else mentioned it don't bring up ex-girlfriends around your current either, m'kay.:-)
[Reply]
T.G 10:17 PM 05-30-2010
Originally Posted by Ahbroody:
I buy singles at the local B&M because I like to go there and hang out.
You must be talking about the days when Darrell isn't working.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
« First < 234
Up